OPINION: Political correctness is indeed a problem

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
I see it as a violation of free speech in SOME cases, which cannot be denied, what I'm shocked at is political correctness by Trump supporters as it relates to this who election. To refer to Trump as anything but president is seen as vile and un-American is that not political correctness?

If you care to dance through the first amendment you might find that it says congress shall make no law abridging freedom of speech.

In the political arena, as we have witnessed from Birtherism to suckers and losers, there is no law but churlishness.

I see it as a violation of free speech in SOME cases, which cannot be denied, what I'm shocked at is political correctness by Trump supporters as it relates to this who election. To refer to Trump as anything but president is seen as vile and un-American is that not political correctness?
I've never seen facts as political correctness. But... Yes... At least it's correct.

So, all hate crime laws are unconstitutional?

Good. We agree.

Political correctness comes from the Frankfurt school. Basically, it was a bunch of Commies trying to overthrow America.

“Political correctness is indeed a problem”

Actually not, and it can be denied.

In fact, it was the intent of the Framers that private citizens in the context of private society determine what form of speech is acceptable and what is not – free from interference by government and the courts.

Therefore, Trump supporters claiming Biden ‘lost’ the election are at liberty to express their views, no matter how ridiculous and wrongheaded; and Trump opponents are likewise at liberty to tell Trump supporters they’re dishonest and wrong.

The Framers encouraged full-throated, impassioned, and rigorous speech, debate, and conflict – the resolution of which would belong solely to the people, not a ‘resolution’ forced upon the people by government or the courts.

Sadly, we have lost touch with this most fundamental concept of what the Founding Generation intended for our Republic.

In addition, allowing private citizens to regulate speech does not violate the First Amendment.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or private entities.

Last, the notion of ‘political correctness’ and ‘cancel culture’ is a myth; there’s no evidence that private citizens regulating speech in any manner disadvantages or silences unpopular speech:

So you nothing but a hypocrite that only wants free speech you like. How pathetic.

Forum List

Back