Opera Or Not???

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Not. :puke:
Sounds like a cross between screeching and bleating.

Now operetta (G&S) I can dig, because I grew up on it and it's got clever wordplay (in English). But the screeching, that's one of the two music genres I can't stand. Frankly I'd rather listen to pink noise.

Now operetta (G&S) I can dig, because I grew up on it and it's got clever wordplay (in English). But the screeching, that's one of the two music genres I can't stand. Frankly I'd rather listen to pink noise.

"Not. :puke:
Sounds like a cross between screeching and bleating."

Startling how consistently incorrect you can be.

For your edification......the sounds of heaven:

"Now operetta (G&S) I can dig,..."

OK....I admit I grew up with a lot of Gilbert and Sullivan....and loved memorizing 'model of a modern major- general.'
It was poetry to me.

I can listen to SOME English being sung....but not Sweeney Todd

"Now operetta (G&S) I can dig,..."

OK....I admit I grew up with a lot of Gilbert and Sullivan....and loved memorizing 'model of a modern major- general.'
It was poetry to me.

I can listen to SOME English being sung....but not Sweeney Todd

I like to say Bill Gilbert was the John Lennon of his time.
Or perhaps vice versa.

it depends on the Opera.....i would rather just hear the choice Arias and Music.....there are some great Overtures though.....like this one....

it depends on the Opera.....i would rather just hear the choice Arias and Music.....there are some great Overtures though.....like this one....

Very nice.

I often listen to Wm. Lawes when I'm posting....bet you'll like this, too...

its nice but not my cup of tea.....classical music started for me about 60 years after this guy passed....around the turn of the century (1700)....Vivaldi,Bach,Scarlatti and Handel is were i begin......

New Topics

Forum List

Back