Open Letter To Beto RE 2nd Amendment

Lifted from an email sent to me. 100% concur.

Dear Beto,

Can I call you Beto? Great.

Anyway, I wanted to take a few moments to write an open letter to you regarding some of your recent thoughts on gun control. In particular, your comments regarding mandatory buybacks.

On The View earlier this week, Meghan McCain commented that such an act would trigger violence. Her comment sparked outrage all over the internet. You, yourself, argued that McCain’s comments amounted to “It becomes self-fulfilling; you have people on TV who are almost giving you permission to be violent and saying, ‘You know this is this is going to happen.’”

Allow me to clue you in on something, Beto. There’s not a single gun owner in this country who is looking to Meghan McCain for permission to oppose the tyranny of a mandatory buyback.

McCain’s comments weren’t permission, they were a warning. It wasn’t something new, something she just pulled out of the ether in order to spark some controversy. She’s merely echoing the statements people have made for decades regarding their willingness to die for their Second Amendment rights.

By claiming its a self-fulfilling prophecy and that people like McCain are giving people permission, you’re telling on yourself. You’re telling each and every one of us that you have never bothered to listen to a damn thing any of us have said.

I didn’t even know who Meghan McCain was when I first heard someone issue the dire warning that if some form of gun confiscation were to happen, the first thing the jackboots trying to take them would get was the ammunition delivered at high velocity. The gun-rights community has warned that efforts to take away or guns would lead to civil war for years now.

You just didn’t want to listen.

We often talk about lawmakers being out of touch, and you’ve just become the poster boy for that, Beto. You are so wrapped up in your liberal bubble that you simply can’t understand that this is a thing, this is something we’ve gone on about for ages. You can’t understand it because you don’t want to understand it. In your mind, we’re all just good little drones who will do whatever Big Daddy Government wants us to do.

We’re not.

We’re the heirs of Lexington and Concord. We’re the children of Valley Forge and Bunker Hill. We’re a defiant, freedom-loving bunch that isn’t rolling over because some spoiled rich kid thinks we should.

Let me make it clear for you. If you come for our guns, we are going to fight back. We don’t look to Meghan McCain for permission to do that. She could tell us not to, and we’d still fight back.

Beto, you need to understand. You need to learn. You need to come to grasp the simple fact that we’re not like you. We don’t look at government as an unmitigated good whose lead we should always follow. We have reasons for that. It’s called the history of the 20th Century filled with countless atrocities, atrocities carried out under the umbrella of government.

Those atrocities could only be carried out because the populations were unarmed.

We’re not sheep. We will not be herded into genocide all because some well-meaning but sheltered rich boy who has never lived in a high-crime neighborhood in his life could tell us what we need and don’t need.

Meghan McCain gave no one permission for anything. Further, gun owners don’t need such a permission. Our permission was penned in 1776 and signed on July 4th.

- Tom Knighton
It was never the Framers’ intent that the Second Amendment...
Their intent was that Congress shall make no law interfering with The People's right to keep and carry arms.
... ‘Proponents of insurrectionism...
It is Beto proposing insurrection against The People, no one else is proposing the massive rights violation that Beto is.
... should the federal government become tyrannical...
It's our duty to be ever vigilant and to promptly remove power from any element of the government that is not obeying their constitutional oath.
... The fundamental problem with legitimizing insurrectionism ...
No one is "legitimizing" Beto's desire to foment insurrection. Now that he has been so clear about what he is, I doubt that he will ever again be trusted with anything even approaching the authority he desires to misuse. At this point I doubt he could prevail in an election to be a small town dog catcher.
... governmental tyranny ...
Here is the point you aren't getting straight. Tyranny IS insurrection. In our system, sovereignty resides in THE PEOPLE, not our government. We lend our sovereignty, temporarily and for the accomplishing of specific tasks to those who on taking up these duties, on our behalf, swear an oath to serve and protect the Constitution. Should elements of the government violate that oath they are not fit to serve us.
... it is a view that some conservatives ...
Conservatives are dedicated to CONSERVING our Constitutional limited government dedicated to the securing of our freedom and liberty.
... conservatism that has more in common with Robespierre and Mao Tse-tung.’...
That's ridiculous. They were both mass murderers who used the power of the State to murder millions. In our system the State is not allowed to murder others and Conservatives are committed to CONSERVING that limit on government powers.

Lifted from an email sent to me. 100% concur.

Dear Beto,

Can I call you Beto? Great.

Anyway, I wanted to take a few moments to write an open letter to you regarding some of your recent thoughts on gun control. In particular, your comments regarding mandatory buybacks.

On The View earlier this week, Meghan McCain commented that such an act would trigger violence. Her comment sparked outrage all over the internet. You, yourself, argued that McCain’s comments amounted to “It becomes self-fulfilling; you have people on TV who are almost giving you permission to be violent and saying, ‘You know this is this is going to happen.’”

Allow me to clue you in on something, Beto. There’s not a single gun owner in this country who is looking to Meghan McCain for permission to oppose the tyranny of a mandatory buyback.

McCain’s comments weren’t permission, they were a warning. It wasn’t something new, something she just pulled out of the ether in order to spark some controversy. She’s merely echoing the statements people have made for decades regarding their willingness to die for their Second Amendment rights.

By claiming its a self-fulfilling prophecy and that people like McCain are giving people permission, you’re telling on yourself. You’re telling each and every one of us that you have never bothered to listen to a damn thing any of us have said.

I didn’t even know who Meghan McCain was when I first heard someone issue the dire warning that if some form of gun confiscation were to happen, the first thing the jackboots trying to take them would get was the ammunition delivered at high velocity. The gun-rights community has warned that efforts to take away or guns would lead to civil war for years now.

You just didn’t want to listen.

We often talk about lawmakers being out of touch, and you’ve just become the poster boy for that, Beto. You are so wrapped up in your liberal bubble that you simply can’t understand that this is a thing, this is something we’ve gone on about for ages. You can’t understand it because you don’t want to understand it. In your mind, we’re all just good little drones who will do whatever Big Daddy Government wants us to do.

We’re not.

We’re the heirs of Lexington and Concord. We’re the children of Valley Forge and Bunker Hill. We’re a defiant, freedom-loving bunch that isn’t rolling over because some spoiled rich kid thinks we should.

Let me make it clear for you. If you come for our guns, we are going to fight back. We don’t look to Meghan McCain for permission to do that. She could tell us not to, and we’d still fight back.

Beto, you need to understand. You need to learn. You need to come to grasp the simple fact that we’re not like you. We don’t look at government as an unmitigated good whose lead we should always follow. We have reasons for that. It’s called the history of the 20th Century filled with countless atrocities, atrocities carried out under the umbrella of government.

Those atrocities could only be carried out because the populations were unarmed.

We’re not sheep. We will not be herded into genocide all because some well-meaning but sheltered rich boy who has never lived in a high-crime neighborhood in his life could tell us what we need and don’t need.

Meghan McCain gave no one permission for anything. Further, gun owners don’t need such a permission. Our permission was penned in 1776 and signed on July 4th.

- Tom Knighton
like many of you nut jobs, he appears to be close to insane and should give up his military style weapons... You know the effects they have on many brainwashed wackjobs.... Genocide my butt. LOL

Yeah, it seems to be you asswagons doing all the shooting. ALL progressives should be disarmed IMMEDIATELY!
Let's just say there are too many nut jobs in America and they are too well-armed, especially with military-style weaponry.

Yeah, and nutjobs can get any weapons they want to do their evil deeds and far too often cops are a long way away. Far better to have a heavily armed society so that when a nutjob goes off, there are multiple people shooting back at the asshole.
Nutjob Mass killers are not gang members or criminals, they are nuts and not so great at figuring out how to get a gun illegally.

A laughable assertion that only a moronic hater dupe could come up with.

like many of you nut jobs, he appears to be close to insane and should give up his military style weapons... You know the effects they have on many brainwashed wackjobs.... Genocide my butt. LOL

Yeah, it seems to be you asswagons doing all the shooting. ALL progressives should be disarmed IMMEDIATELY!
Let's just say there are too many nut jobs in America and they are too well-armed, especially with military-style weaponry.
The only "military style weapon" I can purchase legally is a 9mm Beretta other than that I can not go down to my local gun store and get any of the other firearms I used in the military.
Military STYLE. REPEAT 100 TIMES. That's what the nutjobs seem to love, it's right in line with their fantasies... We are talking about background checks on all sales and a ban on selling new ones and manufacturing. There already are 17 million or so AR-15s out there. That seems to be plenty. But the nutjobs won't be able to buy them anymore, especially easily, which is The Nut Job way.
What the fuck does military style mean ? The AR-15 is a semi-auto rifle that does not have a selective fire switch that the M-16 does. So you retarded loons have to be screaming ban because the weapons look similar.
Incorrect.

The courts have consistently held that whether semi-automatic or select-fire, it is a distinction without a legal difference:

‘…are the semiautomatic rifles at issue here “like” the military’s M-16, a historically banned dangerous and unusual weapon? If so, the semiautomatic rifles are similarly outside the scope of the Second Amendment.’

Federal Court: Semi-autos 'indistinguishable' from M-16s :: Guns.com

Current Second Amendment case law, therefore, considers AR 15s and M 16s to be alike enough to render their possession to be not entitled to Constitutional protections, where states and local jurisdictions are at liberty to lawfully ban AR 15s.

Given your ignorance of the law, you’re clearly in no position to refer to others as ‘retarded’ or ‘loons.’

The only "military style weapon" I can purchase legally is a 9mm Beretta other than that I can not go down to my local gun store and get any of the other firearms I used in the military.
Military STYLE. REPEAT 100 TIMES. That's what the nutjobs seem to love, it's right in line with their fantasies... We are talking about background checks on all sales and a ban on selling new ones and manufacturing. There already are 17 million or so AR-15s out there. That seems to be plenty. But the nutjobs won't be able to buy them anymore, especially easily, which is The Nut Job way.
What the fuck does military style mean ? The AR-15 is a semi-auto rifle that does not have a selective fire switch that the M-16 does. So you retarded loons have to be screaming ban because the weapons look similar.
Incorrect.

The courts have consistently held that whether semi-automatic or select-fire, it is a distinction without a legal difference:

‘…are the semiautomatic rifles at issue here “like” the military’s M-16, a historically banned dangerous and unusual weapon? If so, the semiautomatic rifles are similarly outside the scope of the Second Amendment.’

Federal Court: Semi-autos 'indistinguishable' from M-16s :: Guns.com...
Based on a couple of wrong lower court cases? This court you cite is so wrong on the facts that I'm not even sure that these findings will make it past the 9th circuit.
... Current Second Amendment case law, therefore, considers AR 15s and M 16s to be alike enough to render their possession to be not entitled to Constitutional protections, where states and local jurisdictions are at liberty to lawfully ban AR 15s...
The AR-15 has a maximum effective rate of 45 rounds per minute.
The M-16 has an an effective rate of 800 rounds per minute.
... Given your ignorance of the law, you’re clearly in no position to refer to others as ‘retarded’ or ‘loons.’
Well, you are the one claiming that a couple of lower court cases are national controlling well established precedent. The Court you cited thinks the AR-15 is a US military weapon, indistinguishable from the M16 and M4. The United States military has never used the semiautomatic-only AR-15 for combat. Instead, the U.S. military uses the M16 rifle and the smaller M4 carbine—both automatic weapons that fire continuously so long as the shooter presses and holds the trigger.

District of Columbia v. Heller excludes weapons that are “like” M16 rifles from Second Amendment protection. That's why these courts are pretending that the AR-15 is indistinguishable from the M16.

Heller made clear that the types of firearms protected by the Second Amendment include those “in common use at the time” for “lawful purposes like self-defense.” The AR-15 is the most popular rifle in America and therefore undoubtedly “in common use” and protected by the Second Amendment. Gun control advocates seem to agree that such semi-automatic rifles are common, considering they routinely complain about the “proliferation” of these firearms.

Further, in the 1994 case Staples v. United States, the Supreme Court determined that semi-automatic rifles were common. The case concerned the mens rea requirement for a conviction for possession of an unregistered machine gun. The subject of the case had argued that he was unaware that the AR-15 in his possession had been modified for automatic fire and was not simply a legal semi-automatic AR-15. In the majority opinion, Justice Clarence Thomas made clear that the mere possession of a converted AR-15 is not enough to infer a mens rea sufficient for conviction, as some firearms are, “so commonplace and generally available that we would not consider them to alert individuals to the likelihood of strict regulation.” Justice Thomas went on to write that most categories of guns, including semi-automatic rifles, “traditionally have been widely accepted as lawful possessions.”

As Justice Thomas explained:

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons.

So, don't be overly concerned about your confusion. Some lower Courts are incorrectly applying Heller and that's why we have a Supreme Court, to set them straight.

Last edited:
Incorrect.

Current Second Amendment case law, therefore, considers AR 15s and M 16s to be alike enough to render their possession to be not entitled to Constitutional protections, where states and local jurisdictions are at liberty to lawfully ban AR 15s.

Given your ignorance of the law, you’re clearly in no position to refer to others as ‘retarded’ or ‘loons.’

And you continue to ignore US v Miller because it blows your pithy pseudo intellectual nonsense out of the water.

Incorrect.

The Constitution requires the government to let citizens in good standing own guns that were similar to the ones soldiers owned. Has that changed?

Incorrect.

Show me the part of the 2nd Amendment that regulates semi-automatics or any firearm for that matter. Here is a hint you won't find it.

I give zero fucks what an Obama appointed lower court judge claims. I'm going to take an educated guess that none of the morons claiming there is no difference between an AR-15 and the M-16 haven't served a second in the military, which makes their opinion on the subject worth less than zero.

Thankfully I don't live in the Liberal utopian shithole of California. No judge or politician in my state would ever consider a ban even the Democrats, because they know they would be immediately out the fucking door.

The weapons look similar? That's because they are military style that's what style means.
The plastics and composite materials they may have in common does not affect function. I've used paintball guns that look similar to an AR-15 and M-16, does that make them a "military style" weapon ?

Beto's march through the Dem primary field is increasingly looking like Sherman's march through Georgia

Incorrect.

Show me the part of the 2nd Amendment that regulates semi-automatics or any firearm for that matter. Here is a hint you won't find it.

I give zero fucks what an Obama appointed lower court judge claims. I'm going to take an educated guess that none of the morons claiming there is no difference between an AR-15 and the M-16 haven't served a second in the military, which makes their opinion on the subject worth less than zero.

Thankfully I don't live in the Liberal utopian shithole of California. No judge or politician in my state would ever consider a ban even the Democrats, because they know they would be immediately out the fucking door.
Nobody is saying the AR-15 and the M16 are the same thing dumbass stoop oh, the point is they look the same and the stupid assholes who become Mass murderers just love them. The NRA GOP is the only party in the world that believes military-style weapons should be sold.

The NRA GOP is the only party in the world that believes military-style weapons should be sold.

Feel free to go live in France punk.
You can't idiot. And f*** you you brainwashed crappy citizen to fall for all your crap propaganda that may be the death of this country at this rate. Very poor Americans believe every conspiracy theory and bologna scandals....

The NRA GOP is the only party in the world that believes military-style weapons should be sold.

You can't idiot. And f*** you you brainwashed crappy citizen to fall for all your crap propaganda that may be the death of this country at this rate. Very poor Americans believe every conspiracy theory and bologna scandals....

Right, unhinged people like you should be in charge. :cuckoo: We don't need you or your opinions. We are Americans we don't like being told what to do. Go stand outside a welfare office.

Oh go piss up a rope you fucking idiot. France has every law you want and they suffered the largest mass shooting ever.

You fucking hater dupes are all the same brainless drones.

Incorrect.

I give zero fucks what an Obama appointed lower court judge claims. I'm going to take an educated guess that none of the morons claiming there is no difference between an AR-15 and the M-16....
It's complete and utter bullshit. These bitterly partisan judges make up facts to fit the decision they want to render. SCOTUS will take of this once it gets there.

Incorrect.

Nobody is saying the AR-15 and the M16 are the same thing dumbass stoop oh, the point is they look the same and the stupid assholes who become Mass murderers just love them. The NRA GOP is the only party in the world that believes military-style weapons should be sold.
The AR-15 is not a military weapon it function much the same as a semi-automatic .223 hunting rifle. I never fired one in the military neither did any of my family members who served during the time that the AR-15 has been sold, which includes my youngest Daughter, and a first cousin. You are basing your ignorant opinion on the fact that the weapons only looks similar to an M-16 and looks do not affect function.

"We are going to keep fighting, and fighting, and fighting.

Until we pass universal background checks." - Cryin Chuck

Forum List

Back