Open carry versus concealed carry

If you're open carrying while mowing your lawn.

Your gun is in the holster.

Your neighbor sneaks up to you and shoots you dead.

He'll claim self-defense to the cops when the cops arrive, saying you were in the process of pulling your gun, which is a lie.

As long as there are no witnesses or cameras, I bet your neighbor will get off Scott free.

Even if your neighbor shoots you and leaves you a paraplegic, it would simply be your word against his. Your neighbor would get off Scott free.

Wow. You found a scenario where it might not make sense to open carry. All open carry should immediately be banned.

You're an idiot. First off, you could try to get along with your neighbor.

Second, if you know your neighbors might want to harm you, adjust your patterns to maintain your advantage. If concealed carry over open carry makes sense then adjust. Install cameras showing your entire lawn.

I get along great with my neighbors but I have 100% coverage of my lawn with high-quality surveillance cameras with storage to the Internet. If my neighbor kills me while mowing, it's on camera.

You must be considered a true libertarian in the UK, fighting for the right to cross the road in front of moving traffic where they won't necessarily expect you. You go you freedom fighting rebel, you.

But without your guns, how will you fight to preserve your right to jaywalk should the Crown decide it's safer to cross at the intersection?
No, I'm conservative and even voted for Farage. We have guns, but you're American and thick as fuck on the subject. We cross the road, you guys need a light to say "Walk" and "Don't Walk", can't get anymore fucking retarded as that.

Wow! I haven't yet seen any knowledge from you about guns but I'm just blown away by your knowledge about rape.
I've noticed that you're trying to make yourself out to be the most extremist on the board on the guns issue.

I've noticed that you're trying to make yourself out to be the most extremist on the board on the guns issue.
I am absolutely the most conservative person on this board regarding all individual liberty, and the Constitution of the United States of America. If you think our Constitution and individual liberty are extremist, then that says more about you than it does about me.

I am absolutely the most conservative person on this board regarding all individual liberty, and the Constitution of the United States of America. If you think our Constitution and individual liberty are extremist, then that says more about you than it does about me.
I'll test you on your individual liberty. But on either liberty for all, or individual liberty, I consider guns detract from liberties. One of the main reasons why America has fallen to 58th. on liberty is because of the lack of a safe environment due to an excess of guns and murder by gun.

One of the main reasons why America has fallen to 58th. on liberty is because of the lack of a safe environment due to an excess of guns and murder by gun.
Think so?
You're really sure about this?
I mean REALLY sure?
Good.
Please demonstrate your claim to be true

(PS: this is your cue tuck tail and run)

Think so?
You're really sure about this?
I mean REALLY sure?
Good.
Please demonstrate your claim to be true

(PS: this is your cue tuck tail and run)

Gun violence is a contemporary global human rights issue. Gun-related violence threatens our most fundamental human right, the right to life.

Gun violence is a daily tragedy affecting the lives of individuals around the world. More than 500 people die every day because of violence committed with firearms.

Anyone can be affected by firearm violence but in certain situations gun violence disproportionately impacts communities of colour, women and other marginalized groups in society.

Sometimes, the mere presence of firearms can make people feel threatened and fearful for their lives with severe and long-term psychological effects on individuals and whole communities.

No, I'm conservative and even voted for Farage. We have guns, but you're American and thick as fuck on the subject. We cross the road, you guys need a light to say "Walk" and "Don't Walk", can't get anymore fucking retarded as that.
Conservative how? Fiscally? Taxes? Immigration? Social welfare?

Because you're certainly not conservative in regards to personal liberty and the right to life and to defend that life. You're certainly not conservative when it comes to right of women to say NO to rapists. You're certainly not conservative when it comes to the right of senior citizens and otherwise helpless in the UK to be safe in their homes.

edit: but you've got that conservative about the right to cross the street down pat! Good job.

Conservative how? Fiscally? Taxes? Immigration? Social welfare?

Because you're certainly not conservative in regards to personal liberty and the right to life and to defend that life. You're certainly not conservative when it comes to right of women to say NO to rapists. You're certainly not conservative when it comes to the right of senior citizens and otherwise helpless in the UK to be safe in their homes.

edit: but you've got that conservative about the right to cross the street down pat! Good job.
Suck it up buttercup, voted Tory all my life. Just shows you how thick you are on politics and political beliefs. The tax burden in the UK is slightly higher than the US, but you pay over double in Health Insurance premiums than what we lost in tax. So you do the maths (math in funny speak) before opening gob.

The link is really nothing more than Amnesty International's infomercial for the Arms Trade Treaty. They are focusing on getting the United States into it while ignoring these stats from their own article:

Percentage of killings committed with firearms:
72% in Brazil
91.1% in El Salvador
58.9% in Honduras

I'd like to see them go to El Salvador and stage their protests. Oh, wait. It's not required because El Salvador is considered to already have restrictive gun control laws, 100% licensed ownership only, 100% background checks, 100% records/registration of all gun purchases and all ammunition purchases.

And El Salvador has signed and been bound by the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty since 2014. Guess the ATT isn't all it's cracked up to be, is it? It's not really about protecting lives; it's about registering guns in the hands of law abiding citizens with no concern or change in the behaviors or gun ownership of criminals.

Post world enslavement, criminals won't be fighting the New World Order globalists; they'll still be just criminals. Since there will always be criminals, the globalists accept that and focus, instead, on the citizens who might have the mindset and tools to really fight them.

I'll test you on your individual liberty. But on either liberty for all, or individual liberty, I consider guns detract from liberties. One of the main reasons why America has fallen to 58th. on liberty is because of the lack of a safe environment due to an excess of guns and murder by gun.

When government supports and enables emotional insecurity as a means of seducing people into government control, that is the threat to liberty. That insecure people have emotional problems is not a metric of liberty.

Liberty isn't free. It isn't always safe. Because we're free, sometimes there are dangers. We accept those risks

The link is really nothing more than Amnesty International's infomercial for the Arms Trade Treaty. They are focusing on getting the United States into it while ignoring these stats from their own article:

Percentage of killings committed with firearms:
72% in Brazil
91.1% in El Salvador
58.9% in Honduras
Is it higher than 91% in America?
you'll forfeit your #1 position if you don't hone your talking points to make them relevant.

Just this initial attempt to make some point could have already started you down a road to irrelevance. I'm being generous.

And so if you're clever enough to answer that question, will you be smart enough to answer a question of it being a per centage of what?

When government supports and enables emotional insecurity as a means of seducing people into government control, that is the threat to liberty. That insecure people have emotional problems is not a metric of liberty.

Liberty isn't free. It isn't always safe. Because we're free, sometimes there are dangers. We accept those risks
The compromising of liberty in America has resulted in it's slide to 58th. on freedom or liberty. The world's leading democracies have surged far ahead.

Suck it up buttercup, voted Tory all my life. Just shows you how thick you are on politics and political beliefs. The tax burden in the UK is slightly higher than the US, but you pay over double in Health Insurance premiums than what we lost in tax. So you do the maths (math in funny speak) before opening gob.
Voting Tory means nothing just as voting Republican means nothing. Those are political parties and political parties blow with the wind.

And this isn't a discussion of tax policy in the UK versus the US. You can start another thread if you want to compare economic models and tax policies. In this discussion about guns you said you were a conservative. Your only defense of that claim, so far, is that you vote Tory, which proves absolutely nothing about your conservative values, or lack thereof.

I asked if you were conservative in some areas where the term conservative is used other than conservative about liberty and life to give you a chance to back up your claim of conservatism. Do you have anything to offer to back up your claim? Because, as I said, you're not conservative about life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You're conservative about the right to cross the street. You and the chicken. Maybe you are the chicken. Why did Captain Caveman cross the street? To get to the other side, silly.

Translation:
Once he effectively responds, you plan to tuck tail and run.
It's what you do.
I might award the #1 place back to you. 2A is quite out of the question as I suspect he has some mental illness problems to deal with.

Beware of up and coming gungoons!
You'll have to compete with this one's preference to not carrying his gun only in the shower! That's dedication to the cause!!

Is it higher than 91% in America?
you'll forfeit your #1 position if you don't hone your talking points to make them relevant.

Just this initial attempt to make some point could have already started you down a road to irrelevance. I'm being generous.

And so if you're clever enough to answer that question, will you be smart enough to answer a question of it being a per centage of what?

Didn't you tell us all that you're an expert on this topic? Apparently you're not even close and you don't even know how to use the google. According to the FBI, in 2019 the firearms rate was 72.3 percent of murders by firearms. Just in case it's not clear, 72.3 is less than 91. So with our fairly wide open access to guns and ammunition, compared to El Salvador with very tightly controlled access and adherence to the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, fewer of our murders are with guns. Gun laws only apply to the law-abiding, whether in the United States or in El Salvador.

By the way, if I were to get murdered, I'd prefer to be shot in the head than to be beaten to death, poisoned, electrocuted, drowned, injected with drugs, burned to death, strangled, asphyxiated, hacked to death, or blown up. Rather than tortured or murdered by a slow way, I'd rather go fast and painless.

Forum List

Back