oooo cool state funded secret abortions for minors....

Mother furious after in-school clinic sets up teen's abortion | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

Jill says her daughter, a pro-life advocate, was given a pass, put in a taxi and sent off to have an abortion during school hours all without her family knowing.

"We had no idea this was being facilitated on campus," said Jill. "They just told her that if she concealed it from her family, that it would be free of charge and no financial responsibility."

That might be what the "pro life activist" told her mother when she got caught getting an abortion because she was knocked up.

Or...it might not be true at all...

and.. if she's old enough to decide she's a "pro life advocate", I'm pretty sure she could have declined an abortion.

Someone in the story isn't telling the truth.

I get the feeling Mom is projecting her beliefs on the daughter. That being said, my concern is not with either person's stance on the issue of abortion. As the father of three girls, whatever feelings I have concerning the issue have been long forgotten in favor of whatever is best for my girls.

No, my concern with this story revolves around the lack of parental notification, the usurping of parental rights, a school health clinic not controlled, to some degree, by the school district, a minor child be put into a cab during school hours and being sent for a major medical procedure without the knowledge of her parents. I am also bothered by the kid being told to conceal it from her family in order to keep the abortion "free of charge."

At the same time, if this girl had given a friend a couple of Midols, she would have, in all likelihood, been risking suspension from school. there is something wrong with this sort of arrangement.

Thank you for supporting my view that Stupak got played for a fool.

You really are naive, aren't you? Abortion was a red herring thrown out there so the real holdouts coud be undercut and whipped while the opposition hacks and media stooges were looking the other way. You honestly think the outcome of that little drama was ever in doubt? This is the big leagues. :rolleyes:

Blah blah blah.

Stupak was the naive one, you dim bulb.

You keep telling yourself that. :lol:

In the meantime, while the hacks are busy piling on the appointed fall guy like good little lemmings there are real deals going on and votes being traded around under the radar in the Senate over legislative fixes. Watch the left hand, pay no attention the right one. :eusa_whistle:

But that brings us pretty far off topic, since the HC bill has nothing to do with whether a 15 year old girl had a free abortion courtesy of a school based health clinic. My magic 8 ball is saying somebody's telling us fibs on this one, none of the facts add up. Might have happened, but probably not the way Mom claims.

Forum List

Back