Ontario woman denied epidural supply during labour over shortage

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I've mentioned that Canada is a Police State with an economy akin to living in Pioneer times.

Now it appears our healthcare is reflecting this reality of our system as well.

A woman from Whitby says she had to go through delivering her son last week without a constant epidural supply during labour, despite the Ministry of Health saying there is no shortage of catheters in Ontario.

“It was extremely painful, like agonizing pain, and I almost prayed for a c-section at that point [to be prescribed more to regulate the pain],” Triana Burford told CTV News Toronto.

In her medical file available on her phone, the notes from the prescribing doctor indicate a “lack of epidural catheters” prevented her from receiving more than a single dose versus a continuous supply to regulate her pain.

The dose offered also didn’t last as long as intended, she said, enduring for 40 minutes instead of four hours.

In all, her induced labour lasted five hours, with almost an hour after the epidural wore off, she said.

I didn't have an epidural. My labor was SEVENTEEN hours. And yes, mine was induced as well. I survived it. Just like the millions all over the world did..and still do.
Sorry, but in this situation...boo fuckin hoo to the woman in question.

Forum List

Back