Ontario patient says Canadian doctors deemed her cancer inoperable, so she'll pay $100K for U.S. surgery

In any medical system, you have to advocate on your own behalf. My friend had skin cancer, and the doctors kept sending her away, and finally she walked into her doctor's office and said "If you don't get this off me, I'm going home to cut it off myself", and he removed the cancer. It was melanoma but it hadn't developed roots. Had she waited until some deemed it urgent, it would have been too late.

There are lots of stories of those who didn't stand up for the care they needed until it was too late, but just as many of those who successfully advocated on their own behalf and saved their own lives in doing so.

Thats pathetic.
Skin cancers are easy to detect.

Yep.
We also have a medical savings account we can draw from.
From now on, besides my 401k and other private investments doing bad because of Russia, I’m going to stockpile cash. When I can, tuck $10k away on whatever. Maybe stock if low. Maybe 5 yr ira at 4% right now. Safe from volatility. Probably the exact opposite of what I should do. Lol

Forum List

Back