Ontario: Not practicing social distancing? You could be fined up to $1K and businesses up to $500K

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Crazy, cash strapped Ontario looking for some easy cash. As a civil libertarian I'm quite torn by this, especially because I know the dishonest tactics of TPS/OPP/RCMP.

We just had a woman arrested today for not practicing self quarantine. She's in the clink tonight.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/opp-warns-businesses-social-distancing-1.5505439

People and businesses found breaking the new social distancing rules will be fined, Ontario Provincial Police said Friday.

Individuals could be fined up to $1,000 while corporations could face fines of up to $500,000, OPP said in a news release.

City, provincial and federal governments have been implementing measures such as travel restrictions, social distancing protocols and business closures to deal with the COVID-19 crisis.

But while the majority of people and businesses have been observing the social distancing protocols, officials say there are others who continue to ignore them.

"Although voluntary compliance is always preferred, under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA), there are consequences for individuals and businesses that choose to defy the Act while it is in force," OPP said.

Crazy, cash strapped Ontario looking for some easy cash. As a civil libertarian I'm quite torn by this, especially because I know the dishonest tactics of TPS/OPP/RCMP.

We just had a woman arrested today for not practicing self quarantine. She's in the clink tonight.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/opp-warns-businesses-social-distancing-1.5505439

People and businesses found breaking the new social distancing rules will be fined, Ontario Provincial Police said Friday.

Individuals could be fined up to $1,000 while corporations could face fines of up to $500,000, OPP said in a news release.

City, provincial and federal governments have been implementing measures such as travel restrictions, social distancing protocols and business closures to deal with the COVID-19 crisis.

But while the majority of people and businesses have been observing the social distancing protocols, officials say there are others who continue to ignore them.

"Although voluntary compliance is always preferred, under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA), there are consequences for individuals and businesses that choose to defy the Act while it is in force," OPP said.

Canada is fucked. Couldn't pay me to live there.

I know whatcha mean. I'd rather live in Québec. More diversity.

Yeah...multiculturalism is working awesome.

Isn't half of Canada in Clearwater right now?

Don't be hugging now!

Only the poor Canadians are left in Canada.

Last edited:

Yes it's a treasure that Québec kept its French. A whole 'nother culture, right over the border. One of life's blessings.

Yes it's a treasure that Québec kept its French. A whole 'nother culture, right over the border. One of life's blessings.

Weird...I travel to France to experience French culture...I used to travel to Mexico for latin culture...now I just drive in to Los Angeles.

Weird...I travel to France to experience French culture...I used to travel to Mexico for latin culture...now I just drive in to Los Angeles.

3377F939-60A5-48B1-9C88-CBF0BE6ED594.png

Yeah I've done that too. Lived in France for a while. I can tell ya right now, Québec has better music.
Latin culture, hey I grew up Catholic so got all the Latin I could handle.

Forum List

Back