Ontario father whose 3 children were killed by drunk driver in 2015 dies by suicide

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This was a high profile drunk driving charge in Canada. The guy came from a wealthy family but did do seven years (of 10 year sentence) for his crime. I can't imagine the driver won't suffer for the rest of his life for what he did, killing three young kids and their grandfather, even by accident (irresponsible actions), comes at a cost beyond his prison sentence.

The mother however, has lost her entire family now.

A sad story. The morrow for this board, "don't drink and drive", call a cab, uber or find a designated driver.

A man whose three children were killed by a drunk driver in a crash in Vaughan has died by suicide.

70c8fc80

Global News has learned that Edward Lake was found deceased on Monday, the day after Father’s Day.

On Sunday, Edward’s wife Jennifer Neville-Lake shared a photo on social media showing their children’s grave.

“Father’s Day 2022. This shouldn’t be real. It can’t be,” the tweet read.

The couple’s three children were killed in a crash in September 2015 caused by drunk driver Marco Muzzo.

Nine-year-old Daniel Neville-Lake, his five-year-old brother Harrison, their two-year-old sister Milly and the children’s 65-year-old grandfather, Gary Neville, were killed in the collision.

This was a high profile drunk driving charge in Canada. The guy came from a wealthy family but did do seven years (of 10 year sentence) for his crime. I can't imagine the driver won't suffer for the rest of his life for what he did, killing three young kids and their grandfather, even by accident (irresponsible actions), comes at a cost beyond his prison sentence.

The mother however, has lost her entire family now.

A sad story. The morrow for this board, "don't drink and drive", call a cab, uber or find a designated driver.

A man whose three children were killed by a drunk driver in a crash in Vaughan has died by suicide.

70c8fc80

Global News has learned that Edward Lake was found deceased on Monday, the day after Father’s Day.

On Sunday, Edward’s wife Jennifer Neville-Lake shared a photo on social media showing their children’s grave.

“Father’s Day 2022. This shouldn’t be real. It can’t be,” the tweet read.

The couple’s three children were killed in a crash in September 2015 caused by drunk driver Marco Muzzo.

Nine-year-old Daniel Neville-Lake, his five-year-old brother Harrison, their two-year-old sister Milly and the children’s 65-year-old grandfather, Gary Neville, were killed in the collision.
Only 10 year sentence for killing the 3 kids and their grandmother, one of the parent's own parents is pretty light. Getting out after only 7, I am surprised the father didn't kill the bastard drunk driver before taking his own life. It's a tragedy, any way you look at it.

Only 10 year sentence for killing the 3 kids and their grandmother, one of the parent's own parents is pretty light. Getting out after only 7, I am surprised the father didn't kill the bastard drunk driver before taking his own life. It's a tragedy, any way you look at it.
Should we pay $40k per year to keep him locked up for life? He should have learned his lesson by now, so let him go & if they catch him drinking again, execute him.

Should we pay $40k per year to keep him locked up for life? He should have learned his lesson by now, so let him go & if they catch him drinking again, execute him.
Hmmmmmm. Let me think. Hell Yes! Not about teaching him a lesson. It's about teach others a lesson and retribution read PUNISH THE LOW DOWN DRUNKEN MOTHERF#CKER!!! but the drunken killer is out in 7, while the parents are sentenced to live or die with it for 40 or 50 with your free medical care, because you are too cheap to pay for retribution and justice for dead and living? You aren't one of the idiots on here that had me pegged for liberal sensitivities are you? Somebody in another thread told me a few hours ago, your country had just gone to hell since the late 80s, early 90s.

Hmmmmmm. Let me think. Hell Yes! Not about teaching him a lesson. It's about teach others a lesson and retribution read PUNISH THE LOW DOWN DRUNKEN MOTHERF#CKER!!! but the drunken killer is out in 7, while the parents are sentenced to live or die with it for 40 or 50 with your free medical care, because you are too cheap to pay for retribution and justice for dead and living? You aren't one of the idiots on here that had me pegged for liberal sensitivities are you? Somebody in another thread told me a few hours ago, your country had just gone to hell since the late 80s, early 90s.
Wrong! US crime rate was cut in half since 1992 due to 3 strikes laws from Clinton & Biden. Crime is now it's rising again since 3 strikes laws were subverted & Trump took office telling officers to get violent with suspects causing several deaths while detained in handcuffs or jail.

Expensive long term Retribution for first offence solves nothing. But if they don't learn from jail & rehab & continue with crime, then exterminate them.

He should have been executed last time as a mass murderer.

Wrong! US crime rate was cut in half since 1992 due to 3 strikes laws from Clinton & Biden. Crime is now it's rising again since 3 strikes laws were subverted & Trump took office telling officers to get violent with suspects causing several deaths while detained in handcuffs.

Expensive long term Retribution for first offence solves nothing. But if they don't learn from jail & rehab & continue with crime, then exterminate them.

IMO the Three Strikes law is awful.

Guys are doing life for shoplifting from a corner store ffs.

You want to talk about a way in which to bankrupt municipalities?

IMO the Three Strikes law is awful.

Guys are doing life for shoplifting from a corner store ffs.

You want to talk about a way in which to bankrupt municipalities?
If they don't learn not to steal the first 2 times, exterminate them. They likely did it 100 times before they got caught each time.

If they don't learn not to steal the first 2 times, exterminate them. They likely did it 100 times before they got caught each time.

Are you sure you are in the right country?

If traditional Judeo-Christian values in regards to treatment of society, even criminals, wasn't so cherished around the world, most of the world wouldn't be risking everything to get to America and the West in general.

Even a Canadian police union stated (about his own members of course who had broken rules and were suspended), I paraphrase, "punishment is meant to be rehabilitative not permanent retribution".

Last edited:
Are you sure you are in the right country?

If traditional Judeo-Christian values in regards to treatment of society, even criminals, wasn't so cherished around the world, most of the world wouldn't be risking everything to get to America and the West in general.
The bible only said to turn the other cheek once. It did not say to allow them to bludgeon you to death. 3 strikes is plenty & it was excellent at preventing crime & saving innocent lives.

The bible only said to turn the other cheek once. It did not say to allow them to bludgeon you to death. 3 strikes is plenty & it was excellent at preventing crime & saving innocent lives.

Three serious crimes with no progress maybe. How many people are FORCED into crime because a menial crime has denied them the ability to work? Or, some lying dirtbag cop misrepresents a person, entraps, lies or plants/exagerrates evidence?

If this standard were applied to Canadian policing, half of the forces in Canada would be in the klink. Hell, we have one cop in Ontario who has lied to the courts and been reprimanded over 100 times and the MFer is STILL employed and happily enjoying the good life.

Wrong! US crime rate was cut in half since 1992 due to 3 strikes laws from Clinton & Biden. Crime is now it's rising again since 3 strikes laws were subverted & Trump took office telling officers to get violent with suspects causing several deaths while detained in handcuffs or jail.

Opinion, yours, not mine. Has nothing to do with dumbass trump if he said cops should abuse suspect, which I would not doubt. I don't believe re-education works except to get people out early to commit more crimes with better plans. Sometimes it should be about punishment.

Three serious crimes with no progress maybe. How many people are FORCED into crime because a menial crime has denied them the ability to work? Or, some lying dirtbag cop misrepresents a person, entraps, lies or plants/exagerrates evidence?

If this standard were applied to Canadian policing, half of the forces in Canada would be in the klink. Hell, we have one cop in Ontario who has lied to the courts and been reprimanded over 100 times and the MFer is STILL employed and happily enjoying the good life.
That's why you get 3 chances. If someone lies, you still get to live free. You aren't going to get falsely accused 3 times.. Why would any society not jail an officer who lies repeatedly? Cop should be fired first time & jailed second time.

Opinion, yours, not mine. Has nothing to do with dumbass trump if he said cops should abuse suspect, which I would not doubt. I don't believe re-education works except to get people out early to commit more crimes with better plans. Sometimes it should be about punishment.

It depends on the criminal, the crime, the circumstances, the age of the criminal, and the criminals propensity to improve their life and become constructive.

All of the above are why the "3 Strikes Law" is awful , rigid and as we have seen, not very effective.

That's why you get 3 chances. If someone lies, you still get to live free. You aren't going to get falsely accused 3 times.. Why would any society not jail an officer who lies repeatedly? Cop should be fired first time & jailed second time.

Because in Canada, the Police Unions and the feckless, fascist poliiticians who protect them have destroyed our nation. The police and their dumb families run the show in Canada, right into the ground. The tell politicians to jump and the politicians ask "how high?"

The world knows this, it's why Canadas ranking on vital metrics of innovation, Access to Justice ad civil liberties are near the bottom. Canada will be a peewee economic player within 25 years.

Yes Trump told police that & caused George Floyd's death, riots & rising crime.

Yes Trump told police that & caused George Floyd's death, riots & rising crime.
Gee, man. You ought to know by now, I'm no trump fan, but I can't blame asshole trump for that asshole cop killing that poor dumbass. That assholery was totally owned by the asshole cop and the asshole cops that watched him do it. I feel more sorry of the citizens that watched, fearing to rightfully interfere, due to consequences. Floyed died, his suffering over, but how would you like to carry that around with you, that you stood afraid to do the right thing as you watched it happen?

It depends on the criminal, the crime, the circumstances, the age of the criminal, and the criminals propensity to improve their life and become constructive.

All of the above are why the "3 Strikes Law" is awful , rigid and as we have seen, not very effective.
3 strikes law was proven very effective. It slashed US crime rates in half, saved countless lives, property & money.

It is somewhat effective at keep habitual criminal behind bars where I might not have to deal with one of them on the outside. People make shitty choices, sometimes repeatedly. With the way my government blows through money on BS as political favor, often to asshole, I can see blowing some on keeping habitual asshole criminals in secure retirement homes of no frills as repayment for their dubious works. If the drunk driver is as described, a long sentence might be a good object lesson to others while their lives go on. That's just me. It's your country. Ya'll do what you wanna do.

Forum List

Back