Only the police can be trusted to safely handle firearms. Right?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
I keep hearing from our brethern of the southpaw persuasion, that regular people should not be allowed to own guns. Only police, with their specialized training, can be trusted to safely handle firearms, they say.

As for me, I never feel completely safe when relying only on police to keep me safe.

And this doesn't help.

---------------------------------------

Police Chief Accidentally Shoots Himself -- Again - Careers Articles

Police Chief Accidentally Shoots Himself -- Again
Nurses thought the police chief was kidding

By Erik Sherman
Posted Jan 21st 2014 @ 7:30PM

Call it embarrassing. As the saying goes, police officers are there to preserve order and protect the public. Sometimes that means the use of deadly force through discharging a weapon, along with all the paperwork and explanations that accompany the action.

Other times, though, a pistol will only serve to keep officers on their toes. Or off them, literally, as Connersville, Indiana police chief David Counceller has learned. For the second time in 15 years.

According to the Indy Star, the 34-year veteran of the Connersville Police Department accidentally shot himself in the leg with a 40-caliber Glock handgun. This was the second time in 15 years that Counceller had accidentally shot himself.

The first time, he was acting as a third-shift captain and was unloading a gun before taking it to the gunsmith. Counceller failed to check if there was a bullet in the chamber. There was and it went through his hand. "That one really hurt," he told the Indy Star.

This time, he was at a local gun shop. Counceller, off-duty at the time, had taken his Glock out to compare the firearm to a newer model. All was fine until he returned the gun to its holster.

"It got tangled in my clothing," Counceller said of his weapon. "I was wearing a sweatshirt and a fleece jacket. I felt (the gun) go in the holster and I pushed it, but it was tangled in the material which caused it to discharge. The bullet went into my leg and then into the floor."

Last edited:
The 2nd amendment should be emphasized more in order to let Americans have more firearms. Firearm circulation is so high, that any type of gun regulation would simply not work. We should just put strict regulation over who has access to guns.

No no no, instead we should just have vending machines that allow people to have easier access to guns. This has the benefit of promoting economic freedom, personal safety, and awesomeness.

Forum List

Back