Only one car of Bobbies available to respond to burglary shooting, in Britain...gun control again...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...when seconds count, can you count on unarmed Bobbies to arrive in time to keep from getting shot by armed British criminals?

Did the car that responded even have armed officers inside it?

Burglary shooting trial: Essex Police had one car available - BBC News

Only one police car was free in the whole of Essex to attend an armed burglary at a mansion, a court has been told.

PC Robert Newlyn and another officer were in the first car to reach the Old Rectory in Sible Hedingham, near Halstead, on 6 February.

"Believe it or not, we were the only car in Essex that was free at that time to go to anything," he told the jury.

Three men are on trial at Chelmsford Crown Court.

Charlie Simms, 23, Kalebh Shreeve, 24, and Christopher Bergin, 27, all from Essex, deny charges of aggravated burglary, wounding with intent, possessing a firearm, and possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.

Mr Simms is further charged with attempted murder, which he also denies.

The two officers found insurance executive Timothy Mardon, 51, in a pool of blood from a wound in his leg.

This is what happens in Britain...people out in the country are exposed to criminals because it takes at least a half hour or more for the unarmed bobbies to arrive....

Sible Hedingham shooting: Victim 'feared for life', court hears - BBC News

Chelmsford Crown Court heard they falsely thought Mr Mardon was a drug dealer.

One man denies attempted murder and aggravated burglary. Two others have denied aggravated burglary.

The father-of-two was shot in the thigh through a closed bedroom door and was left with "life-changing injuries", police said.
---------

Richard Christie QC, prosecuting, told the court Mr Mardon dialled 999 and during that "desperate" call the line remained open for half an hour as officers made their way to the Grade II listed home.

----------

Mr Christie QC told the court that, as Mr Mardon lay in a pool of blood, one of the accused, Charlie Simms, wearing a stocking mask over his face, demanded to know "where the safe was", or he would kill him.

"He then started counting down: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6..." Mr Christie QC said.

'Living nightmare'
A voice could be heard on the 999 recording asking: "Where's the weed at or I will blow your face off."

The raiders believed they would find drugs money at the house, Mr Christie told the court.

"The reality was Mr Mardon had nothing to do with drugs."

"In those few minutes, his happy life had turned into a real living nightmare that has continued since that time," he added.

The court was told Mr Mardon's wife and two children were not in the house at the time of the incident.

This has you celebrating? Deplorable indeed. Only a fool would try to compare our homicide rate to that of the UK. You`re lose before you leave the starting gate.

This has you celebrating? Deplorable indeed. Only a fool would try to compare our homicide rate to that of the UK. You`re lose before you leave the starting gate.

I am not comparing our homicide rate to theirs...I am pointing out that gun control aimed at law abiding citizens does not even work on an Island nation that banned and confiscated guns from people who don't use them to commit crimes....

Asswipe.

I am not comparing our homicide rate to theirs...I am pointing out that gun control aimed at law abiding citizens does not even work on an Island nation that banned and confiscated guns from people who don't use them to commit crimes....

Asswipe.
Their gun control works 1000X better than ours. You`re dismissed again cowboy.

Asswipe.
Their gun control works 1000X better than ours. You`re dismissed again cowboy.

No...it doesn't, and you know this....to make your stupid statement you would have to show that their gun control laws lowered their gun crime rate...

1) they would have had to have had a high gun crime and gun murder rate before they enacted gun control...they did not..in fact, their gun crime and gun murder rates have always, before, been extremely low. In fact, the United States non gun murder rate is higher than their total murder rate.

2) you would have to show that by banning and confiscating guns that their gun crime and gun murder rate went down...it didn't, it in fact spiked for years after the confiscation.....then it returned to the same level it was at before they confiscaed and banned guns......which means that banning guns for law abiding people did not lower their gun crime or gun murder rate...it did nothing.....

3) you would have to show that the gun ban and confiscation has kept their gun murder and gun crime rates at lower levels than before the ban...it hasn't..in 2015 the gun crime rate in Britain went up 4% and it went up 10% in major cities like London....and they are finding more and more guns on their streets and there are more shootings as well...as I have posted over and over again....

you are wrong.....and nothing you say about guns is even remotely accurate or truthful.

In fact...in the 1990s we had 200 million guns in private hands...and 4.7 million people actually carried guns for self defense...in 2016 we now have 357-400 million guns in private hands and close to 15 million people carrying guns for self defense....

--our gun murder rate went down 49%...showing you are wrong.

--our gun accidental death rate went down...showing you are wrong.

--our non fatal gun accident rate went down...showing you are wrong.

--in 2015 our non gun suicide rate was higher than our gun suicide rate...showing you are wrong....

Forum List

Back