Only 3 college ready sat scores in Camden, nj

Oh goody...here comes the posts about how they need to increase the spending (currently $25,000 PER STUDENT)...curve the tests, lower the requirements and install the new discipline free campus.
No leftist on here will even discuss the possibility that the union teachers have some responsibility here - therefore are open to termination.
No leftist here will discuss that this is what happens when you have a society with 70% fatherless rates and a culture of amorality.
Al Sharpton has no interest here
Jesse Jackson has no interest here
In fact no one does. To take an interest in Camden NJ would mean you would be forced to address the fact that the amoral culture, faithlessness and abundant social programs are the core problem.

That's just great..
Get this of the 1400 people employed in the Camden City school system, over 250 are paid in excess of $100,000 per year...To get a salary below $75k, count to 419..
That's right....over 400 of the City's educational employees are paid in excess of $75k per year..
Can anyone tell me just what the taxpayers ( of which there are very few) in Camden are getting for their money?
Here is a table for Camden City tax levy.
City County Total Levy County Schools City Avg per property
Camden City Camden $43,422,898.13 29% 17% 55% $1,360.82

Avg $ increase
$122.28
Keep in mind, because of the depressed real estate values in Camden, the average property tax levy while one fifth the State Average, is proportionately equal to the state avg.
The NJ state avg tax levy is about $7,700 per year.
The point is, this is another example of why throwing money at a problem never works.
Camden is a shit hole. And that is mostly the fault of those in government.

WOW!

CAmden is and has been a cancer in New Jersey all my life, but the above is simply amazingly bad.

FWIW the stats for that city tell the story Camden City School District

The District spends $11,000 per student per year on teacher wages and benefits..
If this were a normal business, every employee would be fired for not doing their job AND costing the company far too much money

Obviously the SAT is racist.

Hell, that was established years ago..
First it was the ACT...There was a decision rendered some time ago that the questions were "culturally biased"..That, get this, inner city black students could not relate to certain questions because they were unfamiliar with anything that may not occur in an urban environment.
As if to assume all minority students reside in urban centers.
The same was 'discovered' about the SAT's..
As a result, both exams were dumbed down.

Where are the comments for the parents to wake up and take responsibility for their children's education as well?

Parents, do you insist that your children get homework?

Do you insist that the homework get's done?

For those exorbitant salaries, the teacher should be staying at school until 5:00 on call for helping with homework so students can come in when it is needed.

Parents, teachers and psychologists should be working together for the benefit of the child. It's called teamwork.

Let me guess Camden has been run by White Republicans breeding a permanent underclass, amiright?

Camden voted for Romney, right?

Camden is so poor, so crime infested, it would surprise me if more than 5% of people eligible to vote actually show up.
The place is an absolute shit heap.
The city gets more in per capita state aid than any other community in NJ.
I am looking through Camden city tax records. Comparing them with images of these properties on Google Maps....
It's unreal how little these properties are worth.
link.... For whatever reason the site defaults to Monmouth County. Just change the name of the city and county in the drop down....
Open Public Records Search System

New Topics

Forum List

Back