One step closer to geneticly engineered immortality

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Activating genes on demand

"Such a capability could lead to gene therapies that would mitigate age-related degeneration and the onset of disease; in the study, Church and his team demonstrated the ability to manipulate gene expression in yeast, flies, mouse and human cell cultures."

more at link

Probably won't see it in my lifetime, but that would definately improve our species. An indeterminate lifespan, you live until something kills you, would give us a chance to really learn.

Probably won't see it in my lifetime, but that would definately improve our species. An indeterminate lifespan, you live until something kills you, would give us a chance to really learn.

Have a more pessimistic view. Think any radical increase in lfiespan will only cause proportionally more problems. Competition for finite non-renewable resources is going on already with perhaps a 75 year lifespan. Double that and competition just gets worse.

Obnoxious old farts who never die could become a curse to our society. Just imagine the boss in the corner office that everyone hates. Imagine he is there for 300 years.

Yeah, that's my idea of paradise.

Yes, and inderminate lifespan would be create problems. As has the increase from an average lifespan of 45 years to over 70 years in one century. So perhaps we had better start thinking with our big head instead of the little one.

Forum List

Back