One Small Step For Maaaaaaaaaan!

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
I give credit to Charles Bolden for not being intimidated and sticking to his guns, The reporterette is the usual dumbass though.

The Bezos Far Out Space Nuts reboot went off without a hitch…well, not in the air, at least. On the ground, there was a hitch or two.

CBS News hosted a special guest to witness the “historic” launch: Charles Bolden, a black retired astronaut and NASA administrator who flew on four space-shuttle missions. What a “get” for CBS! Let ABC try to dig up one o’ them Hidden Figures ho’s; CBS had a real live legend on board!

But things went south faster than the Challenger. Following the New Shepard’s successful landing, a beaming Bolden decided to put his own unique spin on why the mission is important for today’s black youth. After CBS cameras caught sight of a young black boy beaming with joy as the capsule returned to earth, Bolden began a rant about how the launch “inspires kids to not sit on a corner and shoot people.” Reporter Gayle King (who’s black) hurriedly interrupted Astronaut Jones, frantically trying to change the subject. But to no avail. Once Bolden got the mic again, he seamlessly picked up his train of thought (news flash: The elderly are stubborn): “People will criticize what I’m about to say, but…the young man sitting there, excited as he was, that’s one less black kid on a corner somewhere getting ready to use a weapon.”

And with that, the entire studio filled with the unpleasant odor of about a hundred people simultaneously soiling their pants.

Fearing that the old coot had just gotten the entire network canceled, King immediately jumped in to save the day: “I don’t want anybody to think or believe that all black kids are just hanging out on a corner. I just really wanted to clean that up because I’m sitting here going, No, Charlie, no! I know what you were trying to say, but I don’t want that left hanging on the air as I’m sitting here listening to it.”

“I said before I said it that people were going to be critical,” Bolden shot back, unbowed and smiling.

Watching King’s pained expression was a joy; a network that (like all the others) pretends that black crime is a myth invites a legendary black man on the show, only to get a harsh lesson in how old black men ain’t got no truck with the PC.

And it must be said, the idea of shooting young gangbangers into space has definite appeal. Rather reminiscent of an old 1970s-era joke from the British comedy duo Morecambe and Wise:

Ernie: [Reading a newspaper] Bad news…the Chinese are on the moon.
Eric: Good news…all of ’em.

Amazon delivery returned to sender.

1627242622793.png

I just watched Apollo 11 last night, marking the 52nd anniversary of their return to earth.
I’m now legitimately worried that the event will be canceled (censored) by the woke (communist/democrat) crowd because the entire effort was accomplished by almost exclusively white people and the command module (Columbia) was named after Christopher Columbus.

I give credit to Charles Bolden for not being intimidated and sticking to his guns, The reporterette is the usual dumbass though.

The Bezos Far Out Space Nuts reboot went off without a hitch…well, not in the air, at least. On the ground, there was a hitch or two.
CBS News hosted a special guest to witness the “historic” launch: Charles Bolden, a black retired astronaut and NASA administrator who flew on four space-shuttle missions. What a “get” for CBS! Let ABC try to dig up one o’ them Hidden Figures ho’s; CBS had a real live legend on board!
But things went south faster than the Challenger. Following the New Shepard’s successful landing, a beaming Bolden decided to put his own unique spin on why the mission is important for today’s black youth. After CBS cameras caught sight of a young black boy beaming with joy as the capsule returned to earth, Bolden began a rant about how the launch “inspires kids to not sit on a corner and shoot people.” Reporter Gayle King (who’s black) hurriedly interrupted Astronaut Jones, frantically trying to change the subject. But to no avail. Once Bolden got the mic again, he seamlessly picked up his train of thought (news flash: The elderly are stubborn): “People will criticize what I’m about to say, but…the young man sitting there, excited as he was, that’s one less black kid on a corner somewhere getting ready to use a weapon.”
And with that, the entire studio filled with the unpleasant odor of about a hundred people simultaneously soiling their pants.
Fearing that the old coot had just gotten the entire network canceled, King immediately jumped in to save the day: “I don’t want anybody to think or believe that all black kids are just hanging out on a corner. I just really wanted to clean that up because I’m sitting here going, No, Charlie, no! I know what you were trying to say, but I don’t want that left hanging on the air as I’m sitting here listening to it.”
“I said before I said it that people were going to be critical,” Bolden shot back, unbowed and smiling.
Watching King’s pained expression was a joy; a network that (like all the others) pretends that black crime is a myth invites a legendary black man on the show, only to get a harsh lesson in how old black men ain’t got no truck with the PC.
And it must be said, the idea of shooting young gangbangers into space has definite appeal. Rather reminiscent of an old 1970s-era joke from the British comedy duo Morecambe and Wise:
Ernie: [Reading a newspaper] Bad news…the Chinese are on the moon.
Eric: Good news…all of ’em.

Really? That's what you took out of this? Yikes.
Seriously, a bunch of rich people going to the edge of "space"..while
problems on this planet persist?...and you're going for the racial angle
with one old man's wistful observation? :)

Really? That's what you took out of this? Yikes.
Seriously, a bunch of rich people going to the edge of "space"..while
problems on this planet persist?...and you're going for the racial angle
with one old man's wistful observation? :)
We can keep talking about this forever. Rich people exist. Like them or not. They are more visionaries then government can ever be. Government can push a direction, fight wars, and tax the hell out of people. We are seeing the end game of expensive government controlled rocketry with the SLS system. The private side is decades to late but at least is there. We have spent trillions of dollars to end poverty since the 1960's. And yet we are still talking about this today. The Village in Africa is two thousand years behind everything else. That is why we push to the edge. At some point orbital vehicles will be made at a cheap price for most likely richer people. The price will come down on sub orbital and orbital flights over the next half century. The middle class at that time will have a chance to discover the wonders. The Federal Government did the initial tax payer investing and rules for a space program that cost some dollars. It was not efficient but gave us a result. Truthfully when we go back to the moon we should go direct and land and build bases to live there or visit there periodically. But we will build the lunar gateway as the technology is not there to remove stank and stench yet. So the women will not get upset in confined spaces for long periods. The private side may pass NASA by if allowed to or is successful.

Forum List

Back