One Reason I like SciFi

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Friday nights in the Pemberton Household is are "SciFi Fridays." Last year it was better - 3 straight hours of goodness - Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, BSG.

This year it's just the two Stargate shows, but it's still a fun evening.

On Stargate SG1, earth (and I suppose the rest of the galaxy) is facing their worst enemy yet - the Ori (Or-eye). The Ori are a 'race' of enlightened ascended beings who thrive on the worship of humans. They use their advanced technology and powers to fool unsuspecting folk into worshipping them, as gods. The created a fake religion/bible called "Origin" which they force upon those they encounter. If a planet will not believe, the planet is destroyed. It's very much a 'convert, or DIE' sort of evangelism.

During one 'behind the scenes' episode, the actress who plays one of the main characters said when discussing the Ori plot line..."yeah...sounds sorta like ANOTHER fanatical religion, eh?"

:D

On a sad note, this is the FINAL season of SG1.

Fortunately, Conan O'Brien allowed me to vent my frustrations:

http://www.sg1archive.com.nyud.net:8080/teasers/pb_sep06.wmv

:)

Friday nights in the Pemberton Household is are "SciFi Fridays." Last year it was better - 3 straight hours of goodness - Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, BSG.

This year it's just the two Stargate shows, but it's still a fun evening.

On Stargate SG1, earth (and I suppose the rest of the galaxy) is facing their worst enemy yet - the Ori (Or-eye). The Ori are a 'race' of enlightened ascended beings who thrive on the worship of humans. They use their advanced technology and powers to fool unsuspecting folk into worshipping them, as gods. The created a fake religion/bible called "Origin" which they force upon those they encounter. If a planet will not believe, the planet is destroyed. It's very much a 'convert, or DIE' sort of evangelism.

During one 'behind the scenes' episode, the actress who plays one of the main characters said when discussing the Ori plot line..."yeah...sounds sorta like ANOTHER fanatical religion, eh?"

:D

On a sad note, this is the FINAL season of SG1.

Fortunately, Conan O'Brien allowed me to vent my frustrations:

http://www.sg1archive.com.nyud.net:8080/teasers/pb_sep06.wmv

:)
Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct.
:(

I like all the tight fitting bodysuits the future apparently has in store for us all.

I like all the tight fitting bodysuits the future apparently has in store for us all.

I love how women fighters ALWAYS choose catsuits; a hot chick can NOT fight in a loose-fitting uniform; she's got to have on something barely there, which shows her abs. :)

Season 3 of BSG looks to be epic! I was really afraid that when SciFi revived the BSG storyline that it'd retain the old campiness and try to merge it with a Star Trek theme. Thank goodness they didn't! It is without a doubt one of hte finest producitons going today and one of the finest of the last decade.

I'm also a Stargate fan, and while Atlantis is a nice spin-off, the original should have died offa couple of seasons ago. Bringing in both Browder and Black kinda makes the new edition of SG-1 seem like Stargate meets Farscape and feels a bit lame. I understand they have to keep the SG-1 line going as a support mechanism for Atlantis, but the entire Stargate universe needs to be ended before it devolves into total garbage. After all, I don't want to see what happened to the ST:TNG production happen to SG-1.

JMHO....

How do I suck at pics from Flickr? Just click on the link, open with media player.

it's easy. :)
Flickr now shows up for you at work? I thought it was blocked there..

So easy in fact that I already tried that! YOUR LINK IS BLOCKED AT WHERE I WORK. Do you have another one?

Season 3 of BSG looks to be epic! I was really afraid that when SciFi revived the BSG storyline that it'd retain the old campiness and try to merge it with a Star Trek theme. Thank goodness they didn't! It is without a doubt one of hte finest producitons going today and one of the finest of the last decade.

I'm also a Stargate fan, and while Atlantis is a nice spin-off, the original should have died offa couple of seasons ago. Bringing in both Browder and Black kinda makes the new edition of SG-1 seem like Stargate meets Farscape and feels a bit lame. I understand they have to keep the SG-1 line going as a support mechanism for Atlantis, but the entire Stargate universe needs to be ended before it devolves into total garbage. After all, I don't want to see what happened to the ST:TNG production happen to SG-1.

JMHO....

I generally agree - BSG is AMAZING. SO VERY WELL written and acted and produced.

I'm about with you on SG1 - it seemed the last couple of seasons were called in. This last season, however is pretty good. One thing I love about both is the witty banter; the one-liners. I was watching an out-take of a scene where Carter and Jack were trapped in a cave. He was trying something to free them when Carter said "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and THIS is the best you can do?" :)

Of course that didn't make air, but others have such as:

(while getting shot at) "...feels like I'm hunting with the Vice President!"

Ben Browder doesn't do it for me on SG1. He's aight..but the guy who plays Sheppard does much better. :)

Claudia Black's character is REALLY good. :) Plus..those outfits. wow :) She's not 'pretty' per se, but VERY VERY sexy. :)

I love how women fighters ALWAYS choose catsuits; a hot chick can NOT fight in a loose-fitting uniform; she's got to have on something barely there, which shows her abs. :)

Of course, occassionally there will be a "long flowy robe" culture. I think I'd like that.

Of course it's me. It's blocked. I've been trying to tell you this for multiple posts now.

Except you haven't said "that must be blocked!" it's been 'It's not working'...

re: Pale's pic - I highlighted the fact I cant see his pics in an effort to get him to use the VB image host provided by this site :)

;)

You should, too.

Forum List

Back