"One Party Rule"

Werent we told Wall ST was ok with the steal cause there was divided govt and that was good and now that we dont have that can someone provide the next talking point....

I keep seeing this coming from the Right -- the notion that the Democrats are bad because they want "One Party Rule".

I'll finish that for you, Democrats are bad because they want one party rule AND they are lying corrupt assholes who sell out American workers and businesses.

"One Party Rule"

Such is rightwing hypocrisy – conservatives weren’t complaining about this between 2017 and 2019.

And the notion that we currently have ‘one party rule’ is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

Conservatives control the Federal judiciary – the Supreme Court in particular; anything the Democratic Congress passes and Biden signs into law that Republicans oppose can be subject to a lawsuit and likely struck down by the High Court.

I prefer "No Party Rule". Outlaw all political parties. Have a primary to narrow the field down to the top 2 or 3 candidates. And be done with this constant bickering and battling between parties. It does nothing good for the nation or the people. The focus should be on other things besides destroying the opposing parties.
“Outlaw all political parties.

Actually, that would be un-Constitutional – a violation of the right to freedom of association.

I prefer "No Party Rule". Outlaw all political parties. Have a primary to narrow the field down to the top 2 or 3 candidates. And be done with this constant bickering and battling between parties. It does nothing good for the nation or the people. The focus should be on other things besides destroying the opposing parties.

Actually, that would be un-Constitutional – a violation of the right to freedom of association.

Ok, then don't have separate primaries. Allow only political contributions to individual candidates.

Conservatives control the Federal judiciary – the Supreme Court in particular; anything the Democratic Congress passes and Biden signs into law that Republicans oppose can be subject to a lawsuit and likely struck down by the High Court.
Unlikely. The Roberts Court has been very reluctant to deny the ambitions of Congress. It remains to be seen whether the Trump appointments have changed that - though I certainly hope you are right.

Ok, then don't have separate primaries. Allow only political contributions to individual candidates.
When it's comes to addressing the dysfunction of the "two party system", ranked choice voting is the most promising reform on the horizon.

I keep seeing this coming from the Right -- the notion that the Democrats are bad because they want "One Party Rule".

So, I'm curious: Does this mean the GOP does not want one-party rule, with them in charge of the White House, House and Senate?

If so, which one of those three would you be fine having the Democrats running?

Please explain why you're pointing at this as a bad thing.

I'm not a Republican, but I see one party rule - in our system - as a horrible thing, regardless of who is in charge. The reason - I don't much like majority rule. Or, rather, we give far too much power to the majority. I'd much rather see government reach for real consensus, support that crosses party lines and respects the rights of everyone, not just supporters of the party in charge.
Yeah, I do get nervous when one party has everything. All we've seen so far is that they take it as a "mandate", try to shove everything down our throats, piss us off for it, then get voted out.

So now we've devolved into a situation where the only goal of the minority party is to stop the majority party, and not actually govern in the best overall interests of the country. While putting all the blame on the other party, of course.

Self-inflicted wound.
That's the most intelligent post you've made since I've been here- and, you played the game bad mouthing Trump- good job, comrade-
You don't know my politics. Thinking that Trump is a disgrace is not a collection of positions.

Trump is out....You need to move on.
That's a great idea. Are his supporters willing to do likewise?

The government should have zero say in how primaries are run. The fact that they do is part of the problem.

As a white male, why would I not be worried about the anti-white male party taking complete control? For all the talk about Rs being racist/sexist, it's only the Ds who singles out one particular race and gender as being "a problem".

Last edited:

So, I'm curious: Does this mean the GOP does not want one-party rule, with them in charge of the White House, House and Senate?

I'm not a Republican, but I see one party rule - in our system - as a horrible thing, regardless of who is in charge. The reason - I don't much like majority rule. Or, rather, we give far too much power to the majority. I'd much rather see government reach for real consensus, support that crosses party lines and respects the rights of everyone, not just supporters of the party in charge.
Yeah, I do get nervous when one party has everything. All we've seen so far is that they take it as a "mandate", try to shove everything down our throats, piss us off for it, then get voted out.

So now we've devolved into a situation where the only goal of the minority party is to stop the majority party, and not actually govern in the best overall interests of the country. While putting all the blame on the other party, of course.

Self-inflicted wound.
That's the most intelligent post you've made since I've been here- and, you played the game bad mouthing Trump- good job, comrade-
You don't know my politics. Thinking that Trump is a disgrace is not a collection of positions.

I think so....But, we should be looking at what the new administration is doing....Continuing to harp on Trump just shows a level of obsession....

Self-inflicted wound.

I think so....But, we should be looking at what the new administration is doing....Continuing to harp on Trump just shows a level of obsession....
He should have run as a democrat and invited Hillary to be VP. The left could have accomplished so much more, with Your guy.

Hmm. Good question.
Evidently this has them pretty concerned.
Never concerned them when they held both houses of Congress and the presidency.
They tell me that they think we're headed towards complete one party rule, as in communism.

Of course. Sometimes I forget about their goofball commie paranoia.

"Commie" rolls off the tongue a lot smoother than "Neo-marxist intersectional feminism"

there will be no "bipartisan" support from Republicans in the Biden era. because of my dim view of human nature, I believe that once Moscow Mitch puts the screws on, each and every Republican will fold like a cheap suit

It won't last long. It never does.
Biden has already guaranteed that our next president will have to work for years to undo his two idiotic days as President. A lot of damage is being done in a very short time.
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

A lot of damage in 2 days !!!

This coming from the party of total failure. Bush and Trump failed repeatedly and did major lasting damage to America. The GOP have hurt, crushed, destroyed America so bad in the 21st century.

There is nothing you can say at all unless Biden:

1. Starts 2 big wars that he can't win resulting in Trillions of dollars of wasted and lost tax payer money and complete Mid East turmoil.
2. Fails to properly respond to a massive disaster from an extremely large hurricane.
Presides over the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression (and he inherited a balanced budget...)
3. Turns a projected budget surplus into a huge budget deficit
4. Refers to White Supremacists as "Good People"
5. Uses government sanctioned defense aid as leverage to try and smear political opponents
6. Jill Biden says "fuck Christmas" on tape
7. Admits to Bob Woodward on tape, that he knows the impending major health crisis is extremely deadly and very contagious, THEN lies to the American people telling them "This is nothing" "It will all go away" "It's the flu"
8. Completely mismanages the biggest health crisis in US history
9. Completely mismanages the distribution of the vaccine to this crisis
10. Looses re-election and lies about voter fraud that did not happen, with all the courts in America ruling there was no evidence of fraud
11. Incites a riot at the nations Capitol building because of the fabricated lies about election fraud
12. Loses 3 million jobs

If Biden does all of that THEN and only then can you complain.

Enough of your nonsense...

I noticed that "One Party Rule" started getting used on this forum by multiple posters at the exact same time. This appears to indicate that they all got this from some conservative talk radio host.

It's a simple bumper sticker slogan that they like to repeat. But yea, I don't get it either. They sure as hell didn't seem concerned about one party rule when they were in control.

It won't last long. It never does.
Biden has already guaranteed that our next president will have to work for years to undo his two idiotic days as President. A lot of damage is being done in a very short time.
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

A lot of damage in 2 days !!!

This coming from the party of total failure. Bush and Trump failed repeatedly and did major lasting damage to America. The GOP have hurt, crushed, destroyed America so bad in the 21st century.

There is nothing you can say at all unless Biden:

1. Starts 2 big wars that he can't win resulting in Trillions of dollars of wasted and lost tax payer money and complete Mid East turmoil.
2. Fails to properly respond to a massive disaster from an extremely large hurricane.
Presides over the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression (and he inherited a balanced budget...)
3. Turns a projected budget surplus into a huge budget deficit
4. Refers to White Supremacists as "Good People"
5. Uses government sanctioned defense aid as leverage to try and smear political opponents
6. Jill Biden says "fuck Christmas" on tape
7. Admits to Bob Woodward on tape, that he knows the impending major health crisis is extremely deadly and very contagious, THEN lies to the American people telling them "This is nothing" "It will all go away" "It's the flu"
8. Completely mismanages the biggest health crisis in US history
9. Completely mismanages the distribution of the vaccine to this crisis
10. Looses re-election and lies about voter fraud that did not happen, with all the courts in America ruling there was no evidence of fraud
11. Incites a riot at the nations Capitol building because of the fabricated lies about election fraud
12. Loses 3 million jobs

If Biden does all of that THEN and only then can you complain.

Enough of your nonsense...

Good grief you are one lying piece of shit....

New Topics

Forum List

Back