"One Party Rule"

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I keep seeing this coming from the Right -- the notion that the Democrats are bad because they want "One Party Rule".

So, I'm curious: Does this mean the GOP does not want one-party rule, with them in charge of the White House, House and Senate?

If so, which one of those three would you be fine having the Democrats running?

Please explain why you're pointing at this as a bad thing.

I keep seeing this coming from the Right -- the notion that the Democrats are bad because they want "One Party Rule".

So, I'm curious: Does this mean the GOP does not want one-party rule, with them in charge of the White House, House and Senate?

I believe you are taking past comments about "one party rule" out of context.
I pretty sure its meant to be implied that Dems want "one party rule" as the results for every future election.

I believe you are talking past comments about "one party rule" out of context.
I pretty sure its meant to be implied that Dems want "one party rule" as the results for every future election.
Thats the only context I've seen it used in. But this is the "new" Mac and he has no problem stretching the truth.

THe point is not that it is bad for one side to win big, but that you are trying to rig the system so that you will ALWAYS win, no matter what.

In effect, turn the entire country into a Machine City, like Chicago or Detroit, where the elections are just a formality, and the real power is not in the hands of the voters, but the hands of the unelected Party Bosses.

We've been very clear about this, for a long time.

I believe you are talking past comments about "one party rule" out of context.
Thats the only context I've seen it used in. But this is the "new" Mac and he has no problem stretching the truth.

Yep. He is broken.

Once again we see the inherent hypocrisy in our 2 party system.

Each party complains about what the other party does even though the things they complain about are perpetrated by both parties

Hmm. Good question.
Evidently this has them pretty concerned.

It should have everyone concerned considering just how left-wing the current administration is. I would be just fine with the Democratic Party in control if we could replace the left-wing kooks in there now with JFK era Democrats. Sorry, but AOC Democrats just don’t give me the warm fuzzies. The problem is, most of the lemmings with TDS didn’t care what they were voting for, just that it wasn’t Trump. That is the sad reality.

I prefer "No Party Rule". Outlaw all political parties. Have a primary to narrow the field down to the top 2 or 3 candidates. And be done with this constant bickering and battling between parties. It does nothing good for the nation or the people. The focus should be on other things besides destroying the opposing parties.

I'm not a Republican, but I see one party rule - in our system - as a horrible thing, regardless of who is in charge. The reason - I don't much like majority rule. Or, rather, we give far too much power to the majority. I'd much rather see government reach for real consensus, support that crosses party lines and respects the rights of everyone, not just supporters of the party in charge.

I prefer "No Party Rule". Outlaw all political parties. Have a primary to narrow the field down to the top 2 or 3 candidates. And be done with this constant bickering and battling between parties. It does nothing good for the nation or the people. The focus should be on other things besides destroying the opposing parties.
I've said for years if we removed the R & D from the ballots things would look a lot different

I've said for years if we removed the R & D from the ballots things would look a lot different

People would actually vote for the candidate instead of the party.

Our system, as of late, has been referred to as the Duopoly Party for a reason- the current infestation of criminals that have infected the system in the District of Criminals are worse than their predecessors, i.e., a culmination- outside of rhetoric, in issues that matter to all, there is no real difference- results speak for themselves.
So, in effect, we have 1 Party Rule- voters are divided by the rhetoric the MSM betters spout from agreed upon talking points by empty suits who really have no skin in the game- and make no mistake, to them it is a game- they play with our lives for their own satisfaction and points-

The GOP is really made of two parties or even more. Neocons, who are globalist corporate pigs, libertarians that want small government, and populists that want jobs to be the priority.

A “one party” system is referring to being ruled by communists, who don’t tolerate any deviation within their party, much less another party.

Forum List

Back