One of These Is a Picture of San Francisco Libs Spending $20,000

View attachment 521841

I agree with what you have to say.

On the other hand soup kitchens aren't free hotel rooms, free health care, free meal passes to the local restaurant, and all the other free stuff that the government wants to hand out to ease their mind like the state of California and the Feds want to do.

If they want more than soup my answer would be to hand them a broom or a wet rag and tell them to get to work cleaning up the area for the next meal.

*****SMILE*****

:)

most homeless just want to be left alone.

Would I be off base to remind that Democrats are largely responsible for the problem?

The problem of releasing the mentally ill into the streets began two decades before the great Reagan….

It was Democrat John F. Kennedy's plan
Carter continued it.
The plan was a failure....so Reagan turned it over to the states.

President John F. Kennedy signs the Community Mental Health Act to provide federal funding for the construction of community-based preventive care and treatment facilities. Between the Vietnam War and an economic crisis, the program was never adequately funded.

President Jimmy Carter signs the Mental Health Systems Act, which aims to restructure the community mental-health-center program and improve services for people with chronic mental illness.

Under President Ronald Reagan, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act repeals Carter’s community health legislation and establishes block grants for the states, ending the federal government’s role in providing services to the mentally ill. Federal mental-health spending decreases by 30 percent.
TIMELINE: Deinstitutionalization And Its Consequences

“The purpose of the CMHA was to build mental health centers to provide for community-based care, as an alternative to institutionalization. At the centers, patients could be treated while working and living at home.

Only half of the proposed centers were ever built; none were fully funded, … Many patients, formerly warehoused in institutions, were released into the community. …. homeless in large cities,[6][7] but without the mental health care they needed.” Community Mental Health Act - Wikipedia

most homeless just want to be left alone.

1628173582994.png

I agree and they're free not to take the soup but if they do and then want more than that they'd best be willing to contribute in some manner.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back