One of comedy's greats dead at 91

Wow... Him and Dean Martin were great together. RIP Jerry, and thank you for your years of service to the muscular dystrophy association. God has received a kind soul into his kingdom this day. God speed Jerry.

So many memories of Jerry..

Him and Dean, the Nutty Professor, the Patsy...

Rest well, old friend

The last years of his life were agonizing. He had so many injuries from his pratfall style of comedy that he spent his days is pain and misery. At first he took steroids which caused a huge weight gain that nearly killed him. Then he had an interruptor implanted in his back. That did him the most good.

We should all be thankful that that style of comedy has gone out of acceptability.

upload_2017-8-20_14-56-28.jpeg

RIP Jerry. You were one of the greats.

*****SMILE*****

:)

RIP, condolences to his family.

His comedy was ridiculously stupid. Ironically, though, he was excellent as a serious actor, the few times he ventured into that arena. I distinctly recall his very good performance in the series 'Wiseguy'. lol, which you kind of have to be O L D to remember.
Quite a few greats did early work in that series, such as Kevin Spacey.

He was a good guy and did so much for muscular dystrophy. He will be missed.

I'm 62, so I've seen a lot of him.

I never thought he was very funny.

Still, he made others laugh so RIP.
. I think Jim Carry is as close as you can get to Jerry's style of comedy. Just wished these comedians would learn the art of doing good clean comedy instead of doing unclean comedy. Their are many good clean comedians, but that isn't how Hollywood rolls these day's.

You know, I think he is the last of an era. I always saw him as part of the rat pack, even though he wasn't, sort of like an extension.

Last edited:

RIP Jerry.

I agree about the comedy, I've never been a big slap-stick fan, but Lewis could have been one of the great serious actors if he hadn't been pigeon holed as a comedian. It's a shame Hollywood never gave him much of a chance to develop that skill.

Another really sad one.....:(

((( Rest in Peace Jerry, thank you for all the laughs )))

RIP Jerry.

I agree about the comedy, I've never been a big slap-stick fan, but Lewis could have been one of the great serious actors if he hadn't been pigeon holed as a comedian. It's a shame Hollywood never gave him much of a chance to develop that skill.

Someone else mentioned that. I've never seen him in a serious role.

RIP Jerry.

Someone else mentioned that. I've never seen him in a serious role.

The King Of Comedy is one; in fact DeNiro made kind of a rip off of that one when he made The Fan. Funny Bones is another, and the role in the TV series Wise Guy, already mentioned, was excellent, too good for television. Of course if one finds him annoying in general, and many do, they won't like any of the serious roles, either, most likely.

New Topics

Forum List

Back