One Nation No Longer Under God and with No Heroes

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
20110828_1stResponder.jpg

On the Tenth Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks....

No prayers allowed...
No clergy allowed...
also
No heroic first responders allowed either...

WTF? :evil:

It seems that we as a Nation have become some so politically correct that in order not to offend the non-believers we have actually made God a four letter word.

The Pew Research Center conducted an extensive nationwide survey in 2007 of more than 35,000 adults (age 18 and older) in the U.S. The Pew Forum's U.S. Religious Landscape Survey found that 83.1% of Americans believe in God and consider themselves to be affiliated with a religious group, while only 16.1% say they are unaffiliated .The other 0.8% either didn’t know or refused to answer.

I somehow doubt that those numbers have changed drastically over the last 4 years. I also doubt that the overwhelming majority of 83% of Americans are very pleased that the minority of 16% are able to dictate whether or not prayer or the word God should be allowed at certain venues.

There are some places where prayer or the word God are expected to be heard, you know, places of worship, funerals or memorial services. Maybe it’s just me, but I expect some type of spiritual reflection at a memorial service.

Yet, on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, at the site where the World Trade Center Towers once stood, the site of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, no clergy or prayers will be allowed and what’s more, no members of the 9/11 first responders will be allowed either. Thanks to the Mayor of NY, Michael Bloomberg.

The Examiner reported last Thursday,

Following New York City's announcement that 9/11 first responders will not be invited to the 10th anniversary ceremony, law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics, and other volunteers continue to voice their anger and disappointment. In addition, religious leaders in New York City are requesting Mayor Mike Bloomberg to rescind his ban and allow Catholic priests, Jewish rabbis and Protestant ministers a role in the ceremony at "Ground Zero."

Really? Then why Mr. Mayor are you so quick to speak up for religious freedom when discussing the Mosque at Ground Zero?

On August 6, during an interview on WOR NY radio while Mayor Bloomberg was once again promoting the Ground Zero Mosque. He stated,

“I just don't think the government should tell people where they can pray and where they can build houses of worship.”

“It is a shame that we even have to talk about this.”

I couldn’t agree more. It is a shame we even have to talk about this, “this” being that on the one hand you say “I just don't think the government should tell people where they can pray” and then you turn around 2 weeks later and say that there will be no clergy or prayer allowed at the 9/11 memorial service.

You can’t have it both ways Mr. Mayor.

"One Nation No Longer Under God" » Publications » Family Security Matters

Maybe we can borrow thw 1M dollar bus and go as citizens and just start praying, saying the pledge, singing the national anthem .... like a flash mob ... no harm

This is not going to be a tribute to those that lost their lives, it's going to be a campaign speech with lots of photo ops. :(

Just an FYI the country did fine w/o the ADDITION of that phrase for well over 150 yrs. A good number of the Founders were Deists which means they didn't ascribe to an "organized religion" ;) When they referred to God they did it w/ the phrase "Nature's God" meaning Deism ;)

Nature's God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A phrase, associated with Deism, that is used in the United States Declaration of Independence: "...the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them..."
Deism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States, Enlightenment philosophy (which itself was heavily inspired by deist ideals) played a major role in creating the principle of religious freedom, expressed in Thomas Jefferson's letters, and the principle of religious freedom expressed in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. American Founding Fathers, or Framers of the Constitution, who were especially noted for being influenced by such philosophy include Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Cornelius Harnett, Gouverneur Morris, and Hugh Williamson. Their political speeches show distinct deistic influence.
Other notable Founding Fathers may have been more directly deist. These include James Madison, possibly Alexander Hamilton, Ethan Allen,[44] and Thomas Paine (who published The Age of Reason, a treatise that helped to popularize deism throughout America and Europe).

"under God" was added waaay later in the middle of the 20th century. Were the people who instigated this more enlightened/intelligent than the Framers? I seriously doubt it :doubt:

Pledge of Allegiance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
At a meeting on February 12, 1948, Lincoln's Birthday, he led the Society in swearing the Pledge with two words added, "under God."

Last edited:
20110828_1stResponder.jpg

On the Tenth Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks....

No prayers allowed...
No clergy allowed...
also
No heroic first responders allowed either...

WTF? :evil:

It seems that we as a Nation have become some so politically correct that in order not to offend the non-believers we have actually made God a four letter word.

The Pew Research Center conducted an extensive nationwide survey in 2007 of more than 35,000 adults (age 18 and older) in the U.S. The Pew Forum's U.S. Religious Landscape Survey found that 83.1% of Americans believe in God and consider themselves to be affiliated with a religious group, while only 16.1% say they are unaffiliated .The other 0.8% either didn’t know or refused to answer.
Hmmmmmmmmm......​

ABOUT US​

"Our mission is to inform all Americans, men and women, about the issues surrounding national security; to address their fears about safety and security on a personal, family, community, national and international level; to highlight the connection between individual safety and a strong national defense; to increase civic participation and political responsibility; and to empower all Americans to become proactive defenders of our national security and community safety."

Their mission-statement (oddly-enough) has excluded Proselytizing!

:eusa_think:

I guess they forgot to include it.

handjob.gif

Just an FYI the country did fine w/o the ADDITION of that phrase for well over 150 yrs. A good number of the Founders were Deists which means they didn't ascribe to an "organized religion" ;) When they referred to God they did it w/ the phrase "natures God" meaning Deism ;)

A phrase, associated with Deism, that is used in the United States Declaration of Independence: "...the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them..."
In the United States, Enlightenment philosophy (which itself was heavily inspired by deist ideals) played a major role in creating the principle of religious freedom, expressed in Thomas Jefferson's letters, and the principle of religious freedom expressed in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. American Founding Fathers, or Framers of the Constitution, who were especially noted for being influenced by such philosophy include Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Cornelius Harnett, Gouverneur Morris, and Hugh Williamson. Their political speeches show distinct deistic influence.
Other notable Founding Fathers may have been more directly deist. These include James Madison, possibly Alexander Hamilton, Ethan Allen,[44] and Thomas Paine (who published The Age of Reason, a treatise that helped to popularize deism throughout America and Europe).

"under God" was added waaay later in the middle of the 20th century. Were the people who instigated this more enlightened/intelligent than the Framers? I seriously doubt it :doubt:

At a meeting on February 12, 1948, Lincoln's Birthday, he led the Society in swearing the Pledge with two words added, "under God."

About 99.9% of our Founders prayed to God......in public....with each other......and during the founding of our secular government...

Just an FYI the country did fine w/o the ADDITION of that phrase for well over 150 yrs. A good number of the Founders were Deists which means they didn't ascribe to an "organized religion" ;) When they referred to God they did it w/ the phrase "natures God" meaning Deism ;)

About 99.9% of our Founders prayed to God......in public....with each other......and during the founding of our secular government...
Of course you can prove that keeping in mind the Framers I mentioned above :doubt: AGAIN you failed to answer my original question which is: Which god or gods do you want to force into the public square that'll make you happy?

Of course you can prove that keeping in mind the Framers I mentioned above :doubt: AGAIN you failed to answer my original question which is: Which god or gods do you want to force into the public square that'll make you happy?

what's your main problem....you don't believe in the First Amendment....?

That refers to ALL religions.

Now, you care to answer my question? Which god/s are underrepresented in the public square? You ever heard of Matthew 6:6?

Now, you care to answer my question? Which god/s are underrepresented in the public square? You ever heard of Matthew 6:6?

underrepresentation...? like i said before....what's it to you...?

and who says the prayers would necessarily be false piety...? communal prayer and private prayer can complement one another...

Last edited:
what kind of prayers are you talking about? You know the 1st Amendment refers to ALL religions. It doesn't pick-and-choose.

Ever hear of Matthew 10:27

All religions can share the stage as all religions were represented in the slaughter.

what kind of prayers are you talking about? You know the 1st Amendment refers to ALL religions. It doesn't pick-and-choose.

they would be the prayers of the people gathering there...

...or do you think every minor religious sect in the world must be represented....:lol:

Forum List

Back