One more way MLB baseball,owners have ruined the game

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
First they fucked it up with that retarded three way wild card race and then that wasn’t enough so they decided to have home field advantage For the World Series decided by what league wins the all star game. :uhoh3: :rolleyes-41: That’s so asinine and pathetic because one league wins it for several years at a time. too bad they Never decided to follow the NBA their approach.they do it the right logic and common sense way where the team that has the best record in their league has 4 out of 7 at home.

Everyone here knows I hate the NFL everybit as much just wondering,hating the sport of basketball I have never followed the NBA but they seem to be the one sport of the three that has their act together.for the people that do follow the NBA am I right?

Yup, I always liked the NBA and their playoff system.

But now even they have gone off the deep end with their kissing China’s ass, reprimanding anyone who dared to support Hong Kong protests against the communists.

The NFL is now going full retard, and will allowing disrespecting the flag to appease social justice terrorists that loot and burn our cities.

Fuck them all, not giving another dime to those assholes.

First they fucked it up with that retarded three way wild card race and then that wasn’t enough so they decided to have home field advantage For the World Series decided by what league wins the all star game. :uhoh3: :rolleyes-41: That’s so asinine and pathetic because one league wins it for several years at a time....

It's all Tom Brady's fault, right head case?

First they fucked it up with that retarded three way wild card race and then that wasn’t enough so they decided to have home field advantage For the World Series decided by what league wins the all star game. :uhoh3: :rolleyes-41: That’s so asinine and pathetic because one league wins it for several years at a time. too bad they Never decided to follow the NBA their approach.they do it the right logic and common sense way where the team that has the best record in their league has 4 out of 7 at home.

Everyone here knows I hate the NFL everybit as much just wondering,hating the sport of basketball I have never followed the NBA but they seem to be the one sport of the three that has their act together.for the people that do follow the NBA am I right?
MLB destroyed parity within the divisions since the unions had their way during the last strike. Now you have teams like the Yankees spend more money on their bull pen than the entire Tampa Bay Rays team spends on their entire team. How can teams compete like that now?

So MLB now has the rich and poor teams with the poor teams never seeing the light of day.

At least the NFL has better parity for teams so that technically they all should be able to compete.

But everyone is happy except the fans as every world series you have large population cities being in the World Series which makes the media happy because they get more viewers.

Really the divisions should be now structured on money spent by the teams instead of locations to make it somewhat watchable now.

The movie Moneyball addresses this issue, which is a true story BTW. Here you had a low market team trying to compete with the Yankees. Sure, they found a way to make the playoffs rather consistently but still have no hope of competing with teams like the Yankees in the playoffs.

MLB destroyed parity within the divisions since the unions had their way during the last strike. Now you have teams like the Yankees spend more money on their bull pen than the entire Tampa Bay Rays team spends on their entire team. How can teams compete like that now?

So MLB now has the rich and poor teams with the poor teams never seeing the light of day.

At least the NFL has better parity for teams so that technically they all should be able to compete.

But everyone is happy except the fans as every world series you have large population cities being in the World Series which makes the media happy because they get more viewers.

Really the divisions should be now structured on money spent by the teams instead of locations to make it somewhat watchable now.

The movie Moneyball addresses this issue, which is a true story BTW. Here you had a low market team trying to compete with the Yankees. Sure, they found a way to make the playoffs rather consistently but still have no hope of competing with teams like the Yankees in the playoffs.
MLB always had its rich and poor teams

That is why the Yankees, Dodgers and Cardinals always won in the 40s and 50s

Free agency broke up the dynasties and offered an opportunity where teams like the Astro’s and Royals can win

yeah you are so right about how there are rich and poor teams,they are the haves and the have nots. Yeah the twins win the division in the west every year but not because they are good but because everybody else in the division is worse than Them is the only reason.

once they get in the playoffs it’s always a forgone conclusion they will lose to the Yankees everytime. I never knew that that’s the reason baseball is so fucked up now Cause of what the union did in that strike,it all makes sense though with what you are saying because that was when we started to have the haves and have nots? It’s always the same dozen or so that’s always in the playoffs with the twins being there ONLY cause the division winner makes it and someone has to win that division.

I’ve addressed that issue too many times to remember in the past is why i did not bring that point up.i saw moneyball when it first came out,haven’t seen it since then though so I’ll have to take a look at it again.

That is what I said on another baseball thread recently that if the NFL was run the same way baseball is without a salary cap and revenue sharing,there is no way in hell you would see these small market teams like the Steelers,packers and Vikings or the chiefs in the playoffs year after year as they are.farve,rothlesberger and Mahones,they would never stay with their teams their whole career,they would go sign with the New York teams the jets and giants and the 49ers.

This thread is about baseball,so don’t want to get into it here but the NFL is fucked up even worse than baseball is in the No fan loyalty league,you understand what I am getting at when I call it the no fan loyalty league right? If not,check out the Goddel thread and my posts on page two,self explanatory there.

Would rather have the discussion over there on this but for the past 20,years I thought it would be a dream come true if the day came when the rams came back to LA. When they left,that was the most depressing moment in my life.i was depressed for years over that.

This was SUPPOSED to be a dream come true for me with them back but back in the 90’s before they left,the game was not corrupt as it is now.it has become so tainted and 100 times more corrupt now than it was back then.but as I said,please discuss that over on THAT thread.thanks:)

yeah you are so right about how there are rich and poor teams,they are the haves and the have nots. Yeah the twins win the division in the west every year but not because they are good but because everybody else in the division is worse than Them is the only reason.
Twins upper management has figured out how to play the draft and development game like no other team in the division.....Though they still keep making stupid moves like signing Mauer to a long tem deal when he could no longer catch, and letting Tori Huter walk when they could easily afford him.

SOBs are an enigma wrapped in a ridle....Win enough to keep the fans showing up, but fold up like a pup tent in the playoffs.

Twins upper management has figured out how to play the draft and development game like no other team in the division.....Though they still keep making stupid moves like signing Mauer to a long tem deal when he could no longer catch, and letting Tori Huter walk when they could easily afford him.

SOBs are an enigma wrapped in a ridle....Win enough to keep the fans showing up, but fold up like a pup tent in the playoffs.
The thing is though is that if this was in the seventys and eightys when the players never even thought about the money as they do now,hunter never would have left the twins. If this was the seventys,no way in hell would Johnny Cuoto have left the reds after only four fucking years with them.had he played in the era of the big red machine,he would never have left after just four years with them,no fucking way,He stays with them at least MOST his career. :14:

as I have said hundreds of times in the past,this day and age small market teams like the reds and twins are just markets to develop their players for the big market teams in the future.

A small market team like the twins in the regular season can beat the Yankees 2 out of three and even a sweep,but come playoffs when everything is on the line and the players are going to play the game like there is no tomorrow,they don’t have a snowballs chance in hell having to play the best of the best.

back in the seventys and eightys when it was fun to watch cause every team had as much chance to win as the next guy and players stayed with one team or two at the most, the World Series was always something to look forward to. Those days like back in 1965 when we had the twins and dodgers World Series,those days are over with that you will ever see the twins have a chance to square off with a big market team in the World Series as the dodgers again or anybody from the national league for that matter :14:

back then everything was so much on a level playing field that every team had as much chance as the next guy to win thedivision and go to the World Series. Kids growing g up now will never believe it that at one time,the twins had as much a fair chance of going to the World Series as the dodgers do now.if you tried to tell them they won a World Series in 91 and 87 and went toe to toe with the dodgers in 1965 and took them to the seventh game,they would think you were on crack

you put the twins in the American East division where they got to play the big market yankees and Red Sox dozens of times instead of being able to beat up the little kids on the block in the central,they end up dead last every year.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back