One Man’s Capitalism….

I'll get to that.....
I, being an old school gentleman, opened the door before you got to it. Shoot me.

(Curtsy)

1596636957947.png

7. Allowing a wedding of government and business opens the door to cronyism and corruption.

The propaganda of the New Deal (“malefactors of great wealth”) to the contrary, FDR endeavored to re-create the corporatism of Woodrow Wilson, and copied same from Mussolini. The New Dealers invited one industry after another to write the codes under which they would be regulated. Even more aggressive, the National Recovery Administration forced industries to fix prices and in other ways to collude with one another: the NRA approved 557 basic and 189 supplementary codes, covering almost 95% of all industrial workers.

The intention was for big business to get bigger, and the little guy to be squeezed out: for example, the owners of the big chain movie houses wrote the codes that almost ran the independents out of business (even though 13,571 of the 18,321 movie theatres were independently owned). This in the name of ‘efficiency’ and ‘progress.’ Goldberg, “Liberal Fascism.”

It should not be missed that with Obama, we have the intellectual descendants of those who worshipped Bismarck’s Prussia or Mussolini’s Ministry of Corporations…the lodestar of enlightened economic policy….in a quest for the holy grail of government-business ‘collaboration.’ Other members of the Corporatism Hall of Fame include Woodrow Wilson, FDR, and Hitler.
David Limbaugh, “The Great Destroyer.”

Due to human nature, crony capitalism, by its nature, must involve bribery.

…is another man’s Fascism

Combine politics and economics and you get politics.

In this thread:
a. Republican Harding vs Democrat Roosevelt: Depressions.
b. Mussolini’s economic program was FDR’s New Deal
c. Crony Capitalism, or how politicians get rich
d. The real reason bureaucrats hate Trump.

1."The Great Depression (1929-39) was the deepest and longest-lasting economic downturn in the history of the Western industrialized world. In the United States, ..."The Great Depression - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com While "The Depression" is probably the only economic downturn ever studied in government schools, few ever speak of any depressions or recessions prior to the "Great Depression."
Know how many there were?
Over thirty. And the average length was a year or so.
List of recessions in the United States - List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia

The Great Depression was a shock to the economic system like no other. Remember, just prior to this recession, Republican free market polices led to what John Kennedy called ‘a rising tide that lifts all boats.’ The ‘Roaring Twenties.’

"After the depression [1920-1921] the United States proceeded to enjoy the “Roaring Twenties,” arguably the most prosperous decade in the country’s history. Some of this prosperity was illusory—itself the result of subsequent Fed inflation—but nonetheless the 1920–1921 depression “purged the rottenness out of the system” and provided a solid framework for sustainable growth."
The conclusion seems obvious to anyone whose mind is not firmly locked into the Keynesian or monetarist framework: The free market works.
The Depression You’ve Never Heard Of: 1920-1921 | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty

The 1920s were an age of dramatic social and political change. For the first time, more Americans lived in cities than on farms. The nation’s total wealth more than doubled between 1920 and 1929, and this economic growth swept many Americans into an affluent but unfamiliar “consumer society.” Roaring Twenties

The 1920s earned their moniker—the "Roaring Twenties"—through the decade's real and sustained prosperity, dizzying technological advancements, and lively culture. The decade marked the flourishing of the modern mass-production, mass-consumption economy, which delivered fantastic profits to investors while also raising the living standard of the urban middle- and working-class. The 1920s Analysis | Shmoop

A tide of economic and social change swept across the country in the 1920s. Nicknames for the decade, such as “the Jazz Age” or “the Roaring Twenties,” convey something of the excitement and the changes in social conventions that were taking place at the time. As the economy boomed, wages rose for most Americans and prices fell, resulting in a higher standard of living and a dramatic increase in consumer consumption.... The American economy's phenomenal growth rate during the '20s...."

2. Note how Republican Harding solved the ’20-’21 depression, and we’ll see how Democrat FDR knew about the solution, but did the very opposite.

"America’s greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding. An Ohio senator when he was elected president in 1920, he followed Woodrow Wilson who got America into World War I, ...Harding inherited the mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged. Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

Harding had a much better understanding of how an economy works. Harding, wrote historian Robert K. Murray, in The Harding Era (1969), "always decried high taxes, government waste, and excessive governmental interference in the private sector of the economy. In February 1920, shortly after announcing his candidacy, he advocated a cut in government expenditures and stated that government ought to ‘strike the shackles from industry.’ ‘We need vastly more freedom than we do regulation,’ he said. Surprisingly, big business took very little notice of him at the time."
One of Harding’s campaign slogans was "less government in business," and it served him well. … just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring 20s were underway
Harding had the depression of 1920 licked in a year and a half, but under the "progressive" FDR, the Great Depression would persisted throughout the 1930s, until FDR began conscripting millions of young men for the armed forces.
America’s Greatest Depression*Fighter by Jim Powell

Either the free market......or "You didn't build that!"

There is no separating politics and economics.
You are so correct.
Most depressions in our history lasted a relative short time as they healed themselves.
The Great Depression was great only because it lasted so so many yrs more than it should have.

It is so laughable when Hoover is blamed for the market crash 8 months in his admin from years of dizzying speculation and insane margins on borrowing for stocks.

Kind of like blaming Bush for 911, 8 months in after Bin Laden planned under Monica's boyfriends red nose for 5 F yrs................BAWWWHAHA.
The Great Depression gave us 25 percent unemployment under Rrepublican Hoover. That was after three years

It took FDR to save us

Cool story bro. Goldilocks and the 3 bears is another good one.

So now you are trying to rewrite history. The Crash happened in 1929 brought on by the total release of all regulations. When FDR took over in 1933, the Nation had millions living in the streets, in tents, in cars that they couldn't afford to put gas into, under bridges, in cardboard boxes, wooden shipping crates. And there were 3 1/2 million armed WWI vets with starving, cold and miserable families that the entire Federal Government were rightfully fearful of. The Country was about half a second from a full blown Civil War where the Federal Troops would have been outnumbered and outgunned by at least 100 to one. And I doubt if the Feds could have gotten the Federal Troops to fire on those desperate Veterans. You think it's bad today, think again. The Federal Government didn't do the New Deal because it was what they would normally do. Normally, they would cater to the rich like all others before them. But due to the circumstances, they had to do something very drastic and very fast. One of my Grandfathers worked on the Million Dollar Highway project. The other was a Dairy Farmer who "Contributed" Milk, Cream and Cheese to those programs. My mother would collect coal from the coal that would fall from the coal trains along the rails so they could heat their house. My father herded Sheep (They got to keep the Sheep but the Cattle was controlled). People had to eat and work. And have incomes to just survive. Your unfettered "Capitalism" almost destroyed America and lost the United States Constitution in the process.

So you try and rewrite history. Well take a good look at today. History is repeating itself because you refuse to learn from history. Better to rewrite it and just grab what you can and say, "I got mine".

Time for you to learn the truth: it was the Democrat Depression.

The Depression was the result of FDR's intentions.
He knew that Republican Harding had defeated a similar recession in short order, so he did the very opposite.

1. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. Of course, he also promised that he would use the government to create jobs, and that they "had a right to a comfortable living."

2. Roosevelt went further! The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it!

If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true." http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=88399

a. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.

FDR's promises!!!

And.....the very same plan that Harding used to tame an earlier upheaval.

And it worked.

3. ....to begin with, in March of 1933, he didn't fill his cabinet with persons committed to a balanced budget. A pretty much poke 'in your eye.'

Nah....instead the bunch put together the huge spending and administrative expansion of his first hundred day, Douglas knew the real deal.

. Roosevelt expanded the federal government and ran up deficits much greater than those of Hoover.

Take a good look around you today. With Covid 19 going on, it amounts to about the same thing. And I don't fault Rump for having to borrow money (2 trillion just this quarter alone). Regardless of how we got here, we are here. But we aren't nearly as bad off as our Grand Parents were in 1932. And we don't have nearly the character they had either. If Hoover had done what you claimed, there would have been NO Depression, only another recession.

Are you aware that Bush, Jr presented to Congress in 2003 a bailout plan of 733 billion and was laughed off Capital Hill be both sides? By 2009, that same plan was expanded to 1.3 trillion and accepted. And that plan was all the prevented us from another Depression. Instead, we settle for another Recession.

The Depression was already in place by the time FDR took office in 1933. And I as pointed out, it was do something drastic or the Nation was lost to a Civil War. The Feds and the Governors did what they had to do not what they wanted to do.

But you keep trying to rewrite history but it's still a long series of lies.

Sad how you cowardly Liberals will never simply admit the truth about your gods and godfathers.

Roosevelt was a devotee of Stalin and his dictatorial powers, and did everything he could, both to support and defend the Bolsheviks, and to make certain the Depression was extended.

"FDR’s policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate"

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong … somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. … I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. … And an enormous debt to boot."

Morgenthau, Henry, Jr. (May 9, 1939). Henry Morgenthau Diary, Microfilm Roll #50 (PDF, 1.9 MB).
Henry Morgenthau Jr. - Wikipedia.

I'm never wrong.

You are still trying to rewrite history. And here we are just repeating it.

So now you are trying to rewrite history. The Crash happened in 1929 brought on by the total release of all regulations. When FDR took over in 1933, the Nation had millions living in the streets, in tents, in cars that they couldn't afford to put gas into, under bridges, in cardboard boxes, wooden shipping crates. And there were 3 1/2 million armed WWI vets with starving, cold and miserable families that the entire Federal Government were rightfully fearful of. The Country was about half a second from a full blown Civil War where the Federal Troops would have been outnumbered and outgunned by at least 100 to one. And I doubt if the Feds could have gotten the Federal Troops to fire on those desperate Veterans. You think it's bad today, think again. The Federal Government didn't do the New Deal because it was what they would normally do. Normally, they would cater to the rich like all others before them. But due to the circumstances, they had to do something very drastic and very fast. One of my Grandfathers worked on the Million Dollar Highway project. The other was a Dairy Farmer who "Contributed" Milk, Cream and Cheese to those programs. My mother would collect coal from the coal that would fall from the coal trains along the rails so they could heat their house. My father herded Sheep (They got to keep the Sheep but the Cattle was controlled). People had to eat and work. And have incomes to just survive. Your unfettered "Capitalism" almost destroyed America and lost the United States Constitution in the process.

So you try and rewrite history. Well take a good look at today. History is repeating itself because you refuse to learn from history. Better to rewrite it and just grab what you can and say, "I got mine".

He knew that Republican Harding had defeated a similar recession in short order, so he did the very opposite.

1. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. Of course, he also promised that he would use the government to create jobs, and that they "had a right to a comfortable living."

2. Roosevelt went further! The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it!

If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true." http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=88399

a. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.

FDR's promises!!!

And it worked.

3. ....to begin with, in March of 1933, he didn't fill his cabinet with persons committed to a balanced budget. A pretty much poke 'in your eye.'

Nah....instead the bunch put together the huge spending and administrative expansion of his first hundred day, Douglas knew the real deal.

. Roosevelt expanded the federal government and ran up deficits much greater than those of Hoover.

Take a good look around you today. With Covid 19 going on, it amounts to about the same thing. And I don't fault Rump for having to borrow money (2 trillion just this quarter alone). Regardless of how we got here, we are here. But we aren't nearly as bad off as our Grand Parents were in 1932. And we don't have nearly the character they had either. If Hoover had done what you claimed, there would have been NO Depression, only another recession.

Are you aware that Bush, Jr presented to Congress in 2003 a bailout plan of 733 billion and was laughed off Capital Hill be both sides? By 2009, that same plan was expanded to 1.3 trillion and accepted. And that plan was all the prevented us from another Depression. Instead, we settle for another Recession.

The Depression was already in place by the time FDR took office in 1933. And I as pointed out, it was do something drastic or the Nation was lost to a Civil War. The Feds and the Governors did what they had to do not what they wanted to do.

Sad how you cowardly Liberals will never simply admit the truth about your gods and godfathers.

Roosevelt was a devotee of Stalin and his dictatorial powers, and did everything he could, both to support and defend the Bolsheviks, and to make certain the Depression was extended.

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong … somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. … I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. … And an enormous debt to boot."

Morgenthau, Henry, Jr. (May 9, 1939). Henry Morgenthau Diary, Microfilm Roll #50 (PDF, 1.9 MB).

I'm never wrong.

Everything I post is linked, sourced and documents, which is why it is always 100% true, accurate and correct.

You cowards are sooooo afraid to admit the truth because then you'd be the target of the Democrat cancel culture assassins.

Grow a spine.

8. When government and big business are combined…as they are today (note big tech censuring conservatives for their Democrat allies) we have a monopolistic alliance that monetarily benefits both of the above. Business bribes….lobbies….government and politicians who went to Washington to do good, wind up doing well.

1596641123640.png

Guess who is getting that 'lobbying' money.

FDR's promises!!!

And it worked.

I'm never wrong.

Everything I post is linked, sourced and documents, which is why it is always 100% true, accurate and correct.

You cowards are sooooo afraid to admit the truth because then you'd be the target of the Democrat cancel culture assassins.

Grow a spine.

Keep rewriting History. And we are repeating it once again. But many of the things introduced by FDR prevents it from going into a full scale depression. So, let's remove all those and let's repeat the whole process. Thanks, I'll pass on that one. As for your cites, the cites from crackpot sites isn't accepted.

FDR's promises!!!

And it worked.

I'm never wrong.

Grow a spine.

Keep rewriting History. And we are repeating it once again. But many of the things introduced by FDR prevents it from going into a full scale depression. So, let's remove all those and let's repeat the whole process. Thanks, I'll pass on that one. As for your cites, the cites from crackpot sites isn't accepted.

That didn't take long......the ubiquitous "is not,.issssssss noootttttttt!!!" from a Liberal.

9. Lobbying, validated in the Constitution, is an open door for bribery. Crony capitalism occurs when big companies bribe…lobby….Congress to write laws and regulations that hinder competitors and help them. Congressmen become rich.

Trump promised….and has cut regulations…..and politicians see this as impoverishing them.

Here's the reason the establishment of both parties is anti-Trump: he is a threat to their wealth.

"Trump Attack on Regulation Starts To Win Admiration Both At Home and Abroad"
Trump Attack on Regulation Starts To Win Admiration Both At Home and Abroad - The New York Sun

…. the establishment GOP, never-Trumpers and the like see Trump as a detriment to their profits/wealth, and here is the explanation:
"Trump kills 16 regulations for every new one, crushing 2-for-1 goal"
Trump kills 16 regulations for every new one, crushing 2-for-1 goal

Most regulations are, in terms of what they are alleged to do, are actually there to be bribed away by the industries that they inhibit.
The pols write them, the corporations pay lobbyists to bribe the pols to insert loopholes....

....hence poor men come to Washington to do good, and leave as millionaires, having made good.

Trump is a threat to their sinecures.

10. Prosperity and private property are inseparable. Economic systems that work are based on freedom, liberty, with limited government interference.
Not the case for Leftist governance, which opposes private ownership, and does an end run via regulation and pretend environmental restrictions.

Even on a local level.

"There are ample opportunities for corruption in economies where excessive red tape and extensive interactions between private sector actors and regulatory agencies are necessary to get things done. The 20 worst-scoring economies on Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index average 8 procedures to start a business and 15 to obtain a building permit.

Conversely, the 20 best-performing economies complete the same formalities with 4 and 11 steps, respectively. Moreover, economies that have adopted electronic means of compliance with regulatory requirements—such as obtaining licenses and paying taxes—experience a lower incidence of bribery."
Which Nations Have The Least Red Tape?

Surprising how many have been tricked into voting Democrat, meaning against freedom and private ownership.

Forum List

Back