Zone1 One Last Defense of Harry Potter

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Now, before I get started with my post I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not even attempting to change anybody's mind as I'm guessing that where you guys stand on this is probably where you're going to stay. So please don't even attempt to change my mind either because I can already tell you that my mind has already been made up and it's not changing either. Anyways, what I want to know is,.. of all you Christian Harry Potter haters out there,.. (if you're like this that is) why would you condemn that magic in Harry Potter but not condemn it in other movies with magic in them.

I see it as sort of an equivalent to guns where a lot of people blame the weapon and not the person who pulled the trigger. In other words, instead of taking your anger out on in what my opinion is a fantastic fantasy series, why not take your anger on the parents who don't teach their children the difference between fantasy and reality?

I'm just curious and want to know your perspective on this. The majority of you on here seem to be levelheaded and laid back Christians who just see it for what it is,.. a fun fantasy where kids can use their imaginations for a world where most magic is considered good and cool. However, if any child actually thinks their a witch or wizard going to Hogwarts or wants to join the occult (which I NEVER saw happening btw) I wouldn't be burning books, I would be questioning the parents, grandparents, etc. Okay,.. rant over. Tagging JohnDB because I already know that we agree about this and this argument is pretty silly. *Prepares self for being hosed with by holy water.*

We have magic all over the MCU universe but nobody seems to be so disparaging of all of those characters like Dr. Strange and the Crimson Witch.

Harry Potter is a nothing by comparison.

We have magic all over the MCU universe but nobody seems to be so disparaging of all of those characters like Dr. Strange and the Crimson Witch.

I'm not into those, but I don't have a problem with people who do. I don't even know what the latter is lol but fiction is fiction to me regardless.

Harry Potter doesn't seem any worse to me than the Narnia series or The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. If anything, the Potter series is a morality play showing virtue winning in the end by overcoming adversity and prejudice.

I'm not into those, but I don't have a problem with people who do. I don't even know what the latter is lol but fiction is fiction to me regardless.
You mean you don't like Iron Man or the Avengers?

Harry Potter doesn't seem any worse to me than the Narnia series or The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. If anything, the Potter series is a morality play showing virtue winning in the end by overcoming adversity and prejudice.
Actually both the Narnia Chronicles and LTR series (especially the Hobbit) are commentaries of Christian life applied to history. In fact LTR has direct quotes from the League of Nations.

Narnia Chronicles were written by a noted Theologian who was trying to soften the hard line stance of the Calvinists of the time period.
Tolkien was his best friend who said similar things in another fashion.

But you can accuse them of finger wagging and brow beating even if no names were mentioned.

Forum List

Back