One good thing that could come out of this years MLB short season

You know there is one good thing that comes out of having a short 60 game season this year.Over the course of a long 162 game season schedule,the small market teams just don’t have the same equal chance of competing to go to the World Series year in and year out as the big market teams anymore.
Hasnt been that way since 95 when the union destroyed baseball,ever since then,for the MOST part,it’s always been the same handful of teams squaring off in the NLCS and ALCS playoffs for the most part.its ALWAYS the big market teams that advance to the final four.sure has in recent years.

Well the bright spot is this year sense it will be just a short brief 60 game season,is that the small market teams will have just as much a chance as the big market teams to go to the World Series.over the long haul of a 162 game long season,the small market teams just don’t have a prayer of a chance to compete with the big market teams in a long season like that.it always takes a toll on them having the lesser talent.thats why I have always liked opening day because it’s anybody’s game that day.anybody can beat anybody on opening day you can throw out the big market and small market teams advantages cause everybody is starting fresh.In a short season like this,the small market teams at least will have the Same equal chance to get there this year.

That being said let’s keep our fingers crossed and see if we can get a team like Oakland or Minnesota from the American League there and from the national league someone like Pittsburgh,Cincinnati,San Diego,or Milwaukee,to square off against them. I would be thrilled to see any of those teams square off against each other in the series. We as baseball fans deserve this.

We don’t know if this will happen or not but this year they at LEAST have a chance and a chance is all I ask.
So you liked it back when the owners were making all the money?
Back before there were a dozen strikes when it cost nothing to park, very little to get in and you could bring in coolers and igloos. Back before we were paying out all the money for primadonnas.

You know there is one good thing that comes out of having a short 60 game season this year.Over the course of a long 162 game season schedule,the small market teams just don’t have the same equal chance of competing to go to the World Series year in and year out as the big market teams anymore.
Hasnt been that way since 95 when the union destroyed baseball,ever since then,for the MOST part,it’s always been the same handful of teams squaring off in the NLCS and ALCS playoffs for the most part.its ALWAYS the big market teams that advance to the final four.sure has in recent years.

Well the bright spot is this year sense it will be just a short brief 60 game season,is that the small market teams will have just as much a chance as the big market teams to go to the World Series.over the long haul of a 162 game long season,the small market teams just don’t have a prayer of a chance to compete with the big market teams in a long season like that.it always takes a toll on them having the lesser talent.thats why I have always liked opening day because it’s anybody’s game that day.anybody can beat anybody on opening day you can throw out the big market and small market teams advantages cause everybody is starting fresh.In a short season like this,the small market teams at least will have the Same equal chance to get there this year.

That being said let’s keep our fingers crossed and see if we can get a team like Oakland or Minnesota from the American League there and from the national league someone like Pittsburgh,Cincinnati,San Diego,or Milwaukee,to square off against them. I would be thrilled to see any of those teams square off against each other in the series. We as baseball fans deserve this.

We don’t know if this will happen or not but this year they at LEAST have a chance and a chance is all I ask.
Back before there were a dozen strikes when it cost nothing to park, very little to get in and you could bring in coolers and igloos. Back before we were paying out all the money for primadonnas.
Well consider that before the owners were making all the money not the employees. So for that I’m glad the employees are getting their fair share.

And, this is the owners fault for stealing other players away and paying such obscene amounts of money.

If you took your company on and demanded more money and got it I wouldn’t call you a premadonna I’d call you smart.

And as long as mlb keeps making money who’s fault is it but the consumer? We’re buying the product.

cant see how anyone can be excited about sports at this time.....
Because everything up till now has been a rerun. It’s great to see anything live.

you mean because of corona? I can tell you this. When my father was miserable taking care of my mother who was dying of Alzheimer’s, the only thing that could take his mind off her for a minute was sports.

They don’t matter but then sometimes they do.

and A lot of people don’t know anyone’s who has died of corona. I know a few people but none of them are close to me. The only people close to me who got it were my nephews and so far they seem ok knock on wood
no i mean because of the phony fans and the bogus short seasons....
I love the short season. Every game counts. Baseball hockey and basketball have too many games.
Indeed a short season like this is much more preferable than an entire six months though I think sixty games is too short.make it a ninety game season starting in July and that would be perfect.

Not professional sports that’s for sure. I thought I would get excited about the Rams coming back to LA and get excited about NFL football again once that happened because that was the most depressing moment in mylife when they left LA so what I always thought would be a dream come true with them coming back,I was wrong,even with them back where they belong,I can’t get excited about NFL football anymore,the game is far more corrupt now than it was back then before the Rams left LA thanks to these greedy evil owners. Baseball and football,were the sports I loved playing growing up so it pains me to see how they have become so corrupt since then,I have heard basketball is the same way.
i was their mailman when they were in Anaheim....Eric Dickerson was lost when he first showed up i had to show him were the camp was located behind the business buildings that were in front of the training field.....
Harry Dresden

I live in Kansas City so I am a royals fan as you can tell from my previous posts.IT was the thrill of my life when I got to witness Eric Dickerson play in real life.I never thought I would have that chance but the first time I got to see the LOS ANGELES Rams play was 1985 when the Royals were playing the cardinals in the World Series.

Game seven was set to be played Sunday night and the Rams were in town and there was no way in hell I was going to pass up the chance to see them play.them being in the national conference I knew I would never get the chance to see Eric Dickerson again if I missed this game so that Sunday afternoon I saw that game and had the thrill of my lifetime.i knew I was watching a future hall of famer in the making.

There was this guy in one of my classes in high school at the time who he was going to go to that royals game that night and he had been telling me the whole week that he might go to the game with me but when friday came he told me he didn’t want to go cause of the royals game that night that he was going to.i told him to go to both games but he didn’t want to do that so a few days later after the World Series was over he said to me “hey I’m sorry about not going to that game with you,how about we go and see their next game against the broncos?”

I wanted to tell him he was a fruitcake thinking I would go see THAT game with him.I told him “dude I hate the broncos.“ he just couldn’t get it through his head that I HAD to see the RAMS play that day because they were my team.that I didn’t go to that game to watch the chiefs,I never gave a shit about the chiefs.I always loved watching the ROYALS growing up,but I could not stand the chiefs..only time I ever got excited about them was when joe Montana came here,he was my favorite QB when he was a niner so for two brief years,I was a chiefs fan.lol I always got excited about watching those niner/Rams games on Monday night football.those were the good old days.

Amen to that.

Because everything up till now has been a rerun. It’s great to see anything live.

you mean because of corona? I can tell you this. When my father was miserable taking care of my mother who was dying of Alzheimer’s, the only thing that could take his mind off her for a minute was sports.

and A lot of people don’t know anyone’s who has died of corona. I know a few people but none of them are close to me. The only people close to me who got it were my nephews and so far they seem ok knock on wood
I love the short season. Every game counts. Baseball hockey and basketball have too many games.
Indeed a short season like this is much more preferable than an entire six months though I think sixty games is too short.make it a ninety game season starting in July and that would be perfect.
Why not start in may? 90 games so 15 games a month.

Theres too many games on all the time. Make it an event when a games on.

Its like that game show who wants to be a millionaire. It was great one night a week then abc decided to put it on 3 nights a week then they had a daytime one with Meredith. They ruined it. At one time it was the highest rated show. Almost as many people who watched the Super Bowl watched wwtbam.

Well consider that before the owners were making all the money not the employees. So for that I’m glad the employees are getting their fair share.

And, this is the owners fault for stealing other players away and paying such obscene amounts of money.

If you took your company on and demanded more money and got it I wouldn’t call you a premadonna I’d call you smart.

And as long as mlb keeps making money who’s fault is it but the consumer? We’re buying the product.
That’s why I keep saying the owners have destroyed and ruined the game paying these players multi millions of dollars.because of that,you don’t have players that go,all out and run out a ground ball they hit to the third baseman or pitcher anymore like your tiger greats Alan trammel,Lou Whitaker and al Kaline always did.free agency is what ruined and destroyed the game. If Whitaker and trammel were coming out of college into the big leagues in this day and age,no way in hell would they have played their entire careers together with the tigers.we both know that.

Its like that game show who wants to be a millionaire. It was great one night a week then abc decided to put it on 3 nights a week then they had a daytime one with Meredith. They ruined it. At one time it was the highest rated show. Almost as many people who watched the Super Bowl watched wwtbam.
I’m afraid the owners are too stupid to do that.

I’m afraid the owners are too stupid to do that.
It’s funny but football owners make a lot of money and their teams only play 15 games. 20 if you go all the way to the Super Bowl. So if they can figure out how to get rich playing 15-20 games why can’t baseball owners figure out how to make enough on 100 games?

I wonder what each game is worth to the owners. Like, how much does the owner of the tigers make when the tigers play a weekday afternoon game where attendance is low and no one is watching on tv?

there have been 100 plus games in baseball since 1900.....if you guys cant handle that then follow your local little league games...

there have been 100 plus games in baseball since 1900.....if you guys cant handle that then follow your local little league games...
You can’t handle it either that’s why you only go to one or two games a year and you tune out most of the middle of the regular season.

Thats right. You watch in the beginning, tune out in the summer and come back in the fall.

Maybe that’s what they should do. Play most Of your games march-may take it easy in June and July then finish strong august-september.

Its too hot in July

You can’t handle it either that’s why you only go to one or two games a year and you tune out most of the middle of the regular season.

Thats right. You watch in the beginning, tune out in the summer and come back in the fall.

Maybe that’s what they should do. Play most Of your games march-may take it easy in June and July then finish strong august-september.

Its too hot in July
bobo you have no idea of what you talk about....i lived walking distance from Angel stadium for 50 years in that time i bet i have been to more games than you have in your life time....you sure do a lot of talking .....

I WAS okay with it growing up as a kid.I never gave it a second thought growing up about a 162 game season as I do now,The reason I never gave it a second thought back then was every team had as much a chance as the other team to go to the world series every year and it was a day and age where Players played for one team their entire careers,two at the most so I did not think anything of it back then of a 162 game season schedule because I knew that my favorite core group of players would be back year after year.this day and age,it’s impossible for cincinatti to ever have a big red machine dynasty again.

Sense neither of those two scenarios are possible for small market teams now though and the owners obviously are not going to get rid of free agency,then at this point,it only makes sense to go to a short baseball season like we are having now this year.

If you are not disgusted about baseball as we are now because of the fact small market teams can’t compete year in and year out with the major big market teams and are not disgusted about players jumping from one team to another as they do now,then you are in a very small minority.fans across the country are not packing them in anymore as they always did when bobo and myself were growing up.

Its too hot in July
bobo you have no idea of what you talk about....i lived walking distance from Angel stadium for 50 years in that time i bet i have been to more games than you have in your life time....you sure do a lot of talking .....
I was trying to get you going. Lol. How you doing? I was up north this weekend in trump country. I realized I don’t hate conservative republicans as long as we don’t talk politics.

And we all have a decision to make. Do we want conservatives to totally rule the Supreme Court for generations to come? If you vote for biden you don’t. If you vote for anyone other than biden, you do. It’s that simple. Throw everything else out the window.

I WAS okay with it growing up as a kid.I never gave it a second thought growing up about a 162 game season as I do now,The reason I never gave it a second thought back then was every team had as much a chance as the other team to go to the world series every year and it was a day and age where Players played for one team their entire careers,two at the most so I did not think anything of it back then of a 162 game season schedule because I knew that my favorite core group of players would be back year after year.this day and age,it’s impossible for cincinatti to ever have a big red machine dynasty again.

Sense neither of those two scenarios are possible for small market teams now though and the owners obviously are not going to get rid of free agency,then at this point,it only makes sense to go to a short baseball season like we are having now this year.

If you are not disgusted about baseball as we are now because of the fact small market teams can’t compete year in and year out with the major big market teams and are not disgusted about players jumping from one team to another as they do now,then you are in a very small minority.fans across the country are not packing them in anymore as they always did when bobo and myself were growing up.
Could you guys imagine if baseball hockey and basketball only played 16 then a one and done playoff format like the nfl? Then I’d give a rats ass about a tiger redwing or piston game.

Football rules because every game matters.

Go to espn right now. I bet they have a baseball game playing right now. Let me go look. Yup. Red socks and Yankees. Same shit that was on yesterday. I know because up north we only have antenna tv. 3 ok channels. One of them it was Boston v Yankees and it was so fucking boring. I know not all innings are boring but I never saw the 5 runs the yanks scored or the 3 Boston scored. Usually a man was stranded no runs scored most innings.

Id prefer to watch paint dry.

I remember playing right field. I am left handed so it’s a good position for a lefty but most innings nothing ever happened for right field.

Its too hot in July
I was trying to get you going. Lol. How you doing? I was up north this weekend in trump country. I realized I don’t hate conservative republicans as long as we don’t talk politics.

And we all have a decision to make. Do we want conservatives to totally rule the Supreme Court for generations to come? If you vote for biden you don’t. If you vote for anyone other than biden, you do. It’s that simple. Throw everything else out the window.
i have said time and time again here supreme court judges should have 10 year terms and then they are done and whoever is president at the time picks the new one....life time appointments to something like that is a bunch a bullshit....

Could you guys imagine if baseball hockey and basketball only played 16 then a one and done playoff format like the nfl? Then I’d give a rats ass about a tiger redwing or piston game.

Football rules because every game matters.

Go to espn right now. I bet they have a baseball game playing right now. Let me go look. Yup. Red socks and Yankees. Same shit that was on yesterday. I know because up north we only have antenna tv. 3 ok channels. One of them it was Boston v Yankees and it was so fucking boring. I know not all innings are boring but I never saw the 5 runs the yanks scored or the 3 Boston scored. Usually a man was stranded no runs scored most innings.

Id prefer to watch paint dry.
Amen to that.yeah that’s the thing about baseball,watching it during the regular season is like watching paint dry.it used to be in the good old days before cable got real big,the Red Sox and Yankees game would be a huge event when they would show them on the weekend on their weekend program called baseballs game of the week.it would be a special event to see.plus you got excited to tune in and watch your favorite team play in the summer on tv EVERY night back then because you knew the same core group of players would be back each year.

I always got excited when the royals would travel to detroit knowing every year when they faced your tigers I could turn on the tv and see George Brett,frank white,Hal McRae’Amos Otis and others square off year after year against Alan trammel,Lou Whitaker,and the tigers.now these days players change teams like socks you have no idea who the players are anymore. Now when you hear the Yankees and Red Sox are playing you say to yourself,who gives a crap.

Plus the networks got really stupid making it possible to watch your team play at home by later televising home games as well,man when I was little,the only time the royals home games were ever televised was during the playoffs against the Yankees,thst was it.so it always got me excited to see their home games televised the fact it never happened otherwise. Why they stopped doing that is beyond me.

Last edited:
Well good news to report.good news is there are three small market teams that are tied for the best record in baseball. The American league Oaklaland A,s and the Minnesota twins have the best records in thier league after two weeks now,bad news is the Yankees are just one game behind them in their record so that big market team I’m sure will be in the playoffs this year

Good news is I think the As can take them if they face each other cause they have won 11 and a row and took the series from the astros who the Yankees always have problems with in the playoffs so they can beat anybody. This is a short baseball season so they won’t have to remain good for a long haul period of time as normal to get the best record in the American League.

The other good news is the small market Rockies have the best record in the national league as well so they might get to the series this year,the bad news is the big market cubs have about the same record and stand in their way.

Forum List

Back