One choice remains for Paul Ryan

Bendog, what do you think of Paul Ryan and what do you think of this article about him.

He's a little too conservative for me, as is Kasich, but I admire and respect both of them.

Do you think Ryan is a casualty of the Trump psychosis?
I thought Ryan was the only republican who could be elected and who could win a compromise on entitlement reform and balance the budget. And, I think he's a decent human, for a politician.

I think he has no political future now.

Bendog, what do you think of Paul Ryan and what do you think of this article about him.

He's a little too conservative for me, as is Kasich, but I admire and respect both of them.

Do you think Ryan is a casualty of the Trump psychosis?
I thought Ryan was the only republican who could be elected and who could win a compromise on entitlement reform and balance the budget. And, I think he's a decent human, for a politician.

I think he has no political future now.

If Trump wins, he's toast for sure. If he loses, not so much

Good article. I respect Paul Ryan although I frequently disagree with his politics. Why, though, is everyone saying he's toast? Can someone put it in Old Lady english for me?

There will be no entitlement reform as envisioned by the far right.
If there is no entitlement reform both Medicare and SS go bankrupt. Medicare in 2028 or sooner and Social Security in 2037 or sooner. I vote for entitlement reform, especially keeping illegals from getting ANY benefits.

Good article. I respect Paul Ryan although I frequently disagree with his politics. Why, though, is everyone saying he's toast? Can someone put it in Old Lady english for me?

Well, if Trump wins, Trump will be head of the party. It would probably make it impossible for him to be speaker. Trump holds grudges, it wouldn't be doable to do the job in the party. Party leaders can't be in open warfare.

If Trump loses, it's less clear. However, Trump supporters are vowing to continue the fight. We'll have to see

Forum List

Back