One cannot buy or "earn" their way into Heaven

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Donating to a bonafide Christian charity is great, but that's not what's going to get someone into Heaven. God wants us to declare his son, Jesus, as our savior and to follow him and his teachings. God doesn't want or need your stuff nor your money; he wants your fellowship and for you to love and obey him.

Donating to a bonafide Christian charity is great, but that's not what's going to get someone into Heaven. God wants us to declare his son, Jesus, as our savior and to follow him and his teachings. God doesn't want or need your stuff nor your money; he wants your fellowship and for you to love and obey him.

Sure, if you ignore that whole do unto others thing

Donating to a bonafide Christian charity is great, but that's not what's going to get someone into Heaven. God wants us to declare his son, Jesus, as our savior and to follow him and his teachings.
God doesn't want us to be hypocrites.
God doesn't want or need your stuff nor your money; he wants your fellowship and for you to love and obey him.
Man is trying to be God when he's so wealthy and he wants so much fellowship and love and unquestioning obedience, that the rest of us can't even keep what little money or property or few belongings we need to stay alive or eke out a living on this earth.

You're wrong. Good works is what it's all about. If God is so powerful, why would He be so insecure as to require adoration from the likes of us? That sounds like something the priests would demand, so that they can bask in the reflected glory and get some of the adoration themselves..

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Keeping his commandments isn't "earning your way to heaven". It is the way you take upon yourself the "stature of Christ".

• Banned

Keeping his commandments isn't "earning your way to heaven". It is the way you take upon yourself the "stature of Christ".

I agree. My point was being a big donor to the church doesn't alone render an invite to Heaven.

I agree. My point was being a big donor to the church doesn't alone render an invite to Heaven.

I agree.

I think the scriptures are clear on what gets you to heaven. Matthew 25 is one of my favorites.

Hebrews 5:9

I am pretty sure I wouldn't want to spend eternity in a heaven with the Christian god. So, yous can all have that.:D

Forum List

Back