once again boston.com takes amazing pictures, this time of the oil spill

Shit, this is just awful. I'm dumbfounded that this hasn't been stopped. How did they not have a fall back plan for just this type of situation? Why weren't plans in place prior to this? :(

just cant look....sorry....its all depressing....and there were 'plans' but alas the 'plans' were altered and fucked with to the point that the 'plans' ie the shut off values no longer work.

i am sick of hearing people say the oil will vanish...nature will take care of it..blah blah how fucking stupid are you people? blah....the oil will not go away...it will destroy the entire gulf coast line...it will destroy the lives of many and what is being done...not a fucking thing....why is it in the interest of politicians and big business to destroy an entire coast line?

follow the money...see where the money goes.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
just cant look....sorry....its all depressing....and there were 'plans' but alas the 'plans' were altered and fucked with to the point that the 'plans' ie the shut off values no longer work.

i am sick of hearing people say the oil will vanish...nature will take care of it..blah blah how fucking stupid are you people? blah....the oil will not go away...it will destroy the entire gulf coast line...it will destroy the lives of many and what is being done...not a fucking thing....why is it in the interest of politicians and big business to destroy an entire coast line?

follow the money...see where the money goes.

I doubt anybody WANTED this to happen.

BP just didn't want to spend the money it would have taken to prevent this.

Penny wise and dollar foolish of them, wasn't it?

The CEO of BP should be made to swim in those waters.
I agree. But all of us who rely on oil, either directly or indirectly are a little bit guilty too. This is a reminder that we need to keep working towards using less destructive energy sources.

Every time we develop a real alternative to fossil fuel based energy in transportation, those who might lose by the impletation of that method shut it down. See what GM did to the electric trolley system we had in most American cities right after WW2. See what Chevron, with GM's aid, did about the RAV4 Electric Toyota.

Even today, with this horror continueing in the Gulf, were President Obama to introduce a bill for major R and D money to develop a battery or capacitor system for transportation here in the US, both Dems and Repubs would kill the idea. Too much Petro money in the system to allow that.

Every time we develop a real alternative to fossil fuel based energy in transportation, those who might lose by the impletation of that method shut it down. See what GM did to the electric trolley system we had in most American cities right after WW2. See what Chevron, with GM's aid, did about the RAV4 Electric Toyota.

Even today, with this horror continueing in the Gulf, were President Obama to introduce a bill for major R and D money to develop a battery or capacitor system for transportation here in the US, both Dems and Repubs would kill the idea. Too much Petro money in the system to allow that.

This is pure unadulterated horse crap. If the systems worked they would be everywhere. The PEOPLE would demand them. If I could drive an electric vehicle from my house to an appointment in Menlo Park and then drive home again without having to wait 16 hours in between I would be all over that you fraud. But the truth is you can't do it. Not even close! Here's another example of a good idea that doesn't work because the technology isn't there yet (and more importantly never will because the AGW fraudsters are stealing the money that COULD be used for R&D)

Prison's $8 million biomass plant too costly to operate | NevadaAppeal.com

Yes, we see people whose petrodollars this might affect already denying the reality of it.

And don't you dare point out that there are alternatives available right now. Or the fact that if we put the money into R and D that the Petro companies put into lobbying to prevent this from happening, we could easily have some major progress in far less than a decade.

From a concept to a flying airplane took 157 days during WW2 for the P-51. But now these nay sayers state all the things we are incapable of. A railroad across an untamed continent in less than a decade. To the moon in less than a decade. But alternative energies are just impossible. Even when right now they are being deployed at a profit.

As the price of fossil fuel energy continues to climb, the cost of the alternatives are dropping. Today, wind is cheaper than even dirty coal. Geothermal will also be, once it is deployed. Solar, once the nano-tech is applied to the thin film technology, will be even cheaper.

I simply cannot understand why these people continue to work against the interests of our nation.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back