On Wednesday Morning, we will know...

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
We should have a good idea what will happen in November on Wednesday morning. If Obama comes out and lets Romney deny things like his 5 Trillion dollar tax cut again without calling him on it, then Obama will lose.

If Obama comes out and refutes Willard this time, instead of letting him get away with his lies, then Obama has a chance. Wednesday morning we should know.

We should have a good idea what will happen in November on Wednesday morning. If Obama comes out and lets Romney deny things like his 5 Trillion dollar tax cut again without calling him on it, then Obama will lose.

If Obama comes out and refutes Willard this time, instead of letting him get away with his lies, then Obama has a chance. Wednesday morning we should know.

Obama won't do that again. Romney's debate performance was like a sucker punch, Obama wasn't prepared for him to lie quite so much. I see Obama setting the record straight and engaging the audience like Romney never could in a townhall setting.

Except the $5 trillion tax cut is an Obama lie, genius.

From HuffPo:

"Four times Obama repeated the conclusion of an independent analysis by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center that those cuts would cost approximately $5 trillion. Romney, in response, claimed "I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut. I don't have a tax cut of a scale that you're talking about."

Faced with that contrast -- a statistic generated by a non-partisan, widely respected think tank versus an unsupported assertion by a guy essentially asking people to trust him -- who did CNN and FactCheck.org declare had the more factual response?

Mitt Romney.

"Obama accused Romney of proposing a $5 trillion tax cut. Not true," FactCheck.org said. "Romney proposes to offset his rate cuts and promises he won’t add to the deficit."

CNN, FactCheck.org On Romney's $5 Trillion Tax Plan: Trust Him

From FactCheck.org:

"To be clear, Romney has proposed cutting personal federal income tax rates across the board by 20 percent, in addition to extending the tax cuts enacted early in the Bush administration. He also proposes to eliminate the estate tax permanently, repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax, and eliminate taxes on interest, capital gains and dividends for taxpayers making under $200,000 a year in adjusted gross income.

By themselves, those cuts would, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, lower federal tax liability by “about $480 billion in calendar year 2015” compared with current tax policy, with Bush cuts left in place. The Obama campaign has extrapolated that figure out over 10 years, coming up with a $5 trillion figure over a decade.

However, Romney always has said he planned to offset that massive cut with equally massive reductions in tax preferences to broaden the tax base, thus losing no revenue and not increasing the deficit. So to that extent, the president is incorrect: Romney is not proposing a $5 trillion reduction in taxes."

FactCheck.org : Dubious Denver Debate Declarations

Obama won't do that again. Romney's debate performance was like a sucker punch, Obama wasn't prepared for him to lie quite so much. I see Obama setting the record straight and engaging the audience like Romney never could in a townhall setting.

Pffft.....like Obama sat up there and told the gospel truth. Come off it, Sarah.

O simply doesn't have a clue on governance or what it entails. We saw the real O flailing on some of the most basic issues. Hence, the tidal shift away from him and Biden.

You thought Obama won the last one, sorry.

Hmm you lie like Romney.

That's not a lie, G. You did vote in the poll and you voted that Obama won the debate. Don't lie about that now. It's there on the board for anyone to see.

I know why you keep such close track of my movements here but how is it these socks are so interested?

I was supporting my friends in that poll, I posted many times that Obama didn't win the debate. Biden won tho.

Town Hall setting...
The questions posed to Obama...what's your favorite color?What's Michelle's nickname for your thang?
And Romney gets.What's your plan for World peace and how will you cure cancer...

I'm not sayin...
I'm just sayin!!!!

Except the $5 trillion tax cut is an Obama lie, genius.

From HuffPo:

"Four times Obama repeated the conclusion of an independent analysis by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center that those cuts would cost approximately $5 trillion. Romney, in response, claimed "I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut. I don't have a tax cut of a scale that you're talking about."

Faced with that contrast -- a statistic generated by a non-partisan, widely respected think tank versus an unsupported assertion by a guy essentially asking people to trust him -- who did CNN and FactCheck.org declare had the more factual response?

Mitt Romney.

"Obama accused Romney of proposing a $5 trillion tax cut. Not true," FactCheck.org said. "Romney proposes to offset his rate cuts and promises he won’t add to the deficit."

CNN, FactCheck.org On Romney's $5 Trillion Tax Plan: Trust Him

From FactCheck.org:

"To be clear, Romney has proposed cutting personal federal income tax rates across the board by 20 percent, in addition to extending the tax cuts enacted early in the Bush administration. He also proposes to eliminate the estate tax permanently, repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax, and eliminate taxes on interest, capital gains and dividends for taxpayers making under $200,000 a year in adjusted gross income.

By themselves, those cuts would, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, lower federal tax liability by “about $480 billion in calendar year 2015” compared with current tax policy, with Bush cuts left in place. The Obama campaign has extrapolated that figure out over 10 years, coming up with a $5 trillion figure over a decade.

However, Romney always has said he planned to offset that massive cut with equally massive reductions in tax preferences to broaden the tax base, thus losing no revenue and not increasing the deficit. So to that extent, the president is incorrect: Romney is not proposing a $5 trillion reduction in taxes."

FactCheck.org : Dubious Denver Debate Declarations

Then in the VP debate, Ryan admits that they do have plans for a 4.8 reduction in taxes over the next ten year. Willard told a big lie.

If Obama quotes the Princeton Prof he did last time, he will be lying again.

He refuted him the first time but no one noticed in all the media hype of Mittens lying so forcefully and presidentially!

PRESIDENT OBAMA: When you add up all the loopholes and deductions that upper income individuals can — are currently taking advantage of — if you take those all away — you don't come close to paying for $5 trillion in tax cuts and $2 trillion in additional military spending. And that's why independent studies looking at this said the only way to meet Governor Romney's pledge of not reducing the deficit — or — or — or not adding to the deficit, is by burdening middle-class families.

[in response to Romney denying his $5 T tax cut]

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, for 18 months he's been running on this tax plan. And now, five weeks before the election, he's saying that his big, bold idea is ""never mind." And the fact is that if you are lowering the rates the way you describe, Governor, then it is not possible to come up with enough deductions and loopholes that only affect high-income individuals to avoid either raising the deficit or burdening the middle class. It's — it's math. It's arithmetic.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Jim, I — you may want to move on to another topic, but I would just say this to the American people. If you believe that we can cut taxes by $5 trillion and add $2 trillion in additional spending that the military is not asking for — $7 trillion, just to give you a sense, over 10 years that's more than our entire defense budget — and you think that by closing loopholes and deductions for the well-to-do, somehow you will not end up picking up the tab, then Governor Romney's plan may work for you.

But I think math, common sense and our history shows us that's not a recipe for job growth.

Look, we've tried this — we've tried both approaches. The approach that Governor Romney's talking about is the same sales pitch that was made in 2001 and 2003. And we ended up with the slowest job growth in 50 years. We ended up moving from surplus to deficits. And it all culminated in the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

[ON Health Care]

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Let me just point out, first of all, this board that we're talking about can't make decisions about what treatments are given. That's explicitly prohibited in the law.

But let's go back to what Governor Romney indicated, that under his plan he would be able to cover people with pre-existing conditions. Well, actually, Governor, that isn't what your plan does. What your plan does is to duplicate what's already the law, which says if you are out of health insurance for three months then you can end up getting continuous coverage and an insurance company can't deny you if you've — if it's been under 90 days.

But that's already the law. And that doesn't help the millions of people out there with pre-existing conditions. There's a reason why Governor Romney set up the plan that he did in Massachusetts. It wasn't a government takeover of health care. It was the largest expansion of private insurance. But what it does say is that insurers, you've got to take everybody. Now, that also means that you've got more customers.

But when Governor Romney says that he'll replace it with something but can't detail how it will be in fact replaced, and the reason he set up the system he did in Massachusetts is because there isn't a better way of dealing with the pre-existing conditions problem, it — it just reminds me of — you know, he says that he's going to close deductions and loopholes for his tax plan.

LINK

He refuted him the first time but no one noticed in all the media hype of Mittens lying so forcefully and presidentially!

PRESIDENT OBAMA: When you add up all the loopholes and deductions that upper income individuals can — are currently taking advantage of — if you take those all away — you don't come close to paying for $5 trillion in tax cuts and $2 trillion in additional military spending. And that's why independent studies looking at this said the only way to meet Governor Romney's pledge of not reducing the deficit — or — or — or not adding to the deficit, is by burdening middle-class families.

[in response to Romney denying his $5 T tax cut]

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, for 18 months he's been running on this tax plan. And now, five weeks before the election, he's saying that his big, bold idea is ""never mind." And the fact is that if you are lowering the rates the way you describe, Governor, then it is not possible to come up with enough deductions and loopholes that only affect high-income individuals to avoid either raising the deficit or burdening the middle class. It's — it's math. It's arithmetic.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Jim, I — you may want to move on to another topic, but I would just say this to the American people. If you believe that we can cut taxes by $5 trillion and add $2 trillion in additional spending that the military is not asking for — $7 trillion, just to give you a sense, over 10 years that's more than our entire defense budget — and you think that by closing loopholes and deductions for the well-to-do, somehow you will not end up picking up the tab, then Governor Romney's plan may work for you.

But I think math, common sense and our history shows us that's not a recipe for job growth.

Look, we've tried this — we've tried both approaches. The approach that Governor Romney's talking about is the same sales pitch that was made in 2001 and 2003. And we ended up with the slowest job growth in 50 years. We ended up moving from surplus to deficits. And it all culminated in the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

[ON Health Care]

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Let me just point out, first of all, this board that we're talking about can't make decisions about what treatments are given. That's explicitly prohibited in the law.

But let's go back to what Governor Romney indicated, that under his plan he would be able to cover people with pre-existing conditions. Well, actually, Governor, that isn't what your plan does. What your plan does is to duplicate what's already the law, which says if you are out of health insurance for three months then you can end up getting continuous coverage and an insurance company can't deny you if you've — if it's been under 90 days.

But that's already the law. And that doesn't help the millions of people out there with pre-existing conditions. There's a reason why Governor Romney set up the plan that he did in Massachusetts. It wasn't a government takeover of health care. It was the largest expansion of private insurance. But what it does say is that insurers, you've got to take everybody. Now, that also means that you've got more customers.

But when Governor Romney says that he'll replace it with something but can't detail how it will be in fact replaced, and the reason he set up the system he did in Massachusetts is because there isn't a better way of dealing with the pre-existing conditions problem, it — it just reminds me of — you know, he says that he's going to close deductions and loopholes for his tax plan.

LINK

Some more VooDoo numbers from R and R.

Forum List

Back