On virtue

You just have to feel so sorry for someone who feels a need to list what they feel are their good qualities as if they really are going to say look I am a piece of crap.
I'm not asking why you are contemptuous of my virtues, or if you would be insulted to share them. I'm asking a simple question. List Trump's virtues.
I get that you think you have great virtues. But that is you. If we knew you there maybe no one here who would believe that you had any virtues.
I have no doubt that Trump believes he has many of the same or even better virtues. If you don't see them that way then the problem may be you or it may be him.

But boy fun to play crazy isn't it.
Again this is not about me, my virtues or my vices. It is about Trump's virtues.

Honesty, loyalty, integrity, empathy, compassion, tolerance, respect, service. These are just a few examples of virtuous behavior to be lauded and followed. Virtues valued by society and sought out in our leaders.

List Trump's virtues. It's a simple question.

If you give 'em the answers to the quiz, they ain't gonna learn nothin.

I was raised in a solidly middle class home by two parents. We attended church as a family. I went to public schools. I played Little League baseball and was a Boy Scout. Through all these institutions I was inculcated in virtuous comportment.

These are the virtues I learned and try to live by as an adult.

Humility, honesty, loyalty, empathy, compassion, respect for others, respect for myself, adherence to the law, patriotism, volunteerism, and tolerance.

Those are some of the virtues I would assume everyone could back and admire in their fellow citizens. And especially in their leaders.

Could someone here please list the virtues of Donald Trump? What about this particular man do you find noble?

Some of you will resort to 'whataboutism'. But that's a cop out. He's asking for my vote this November. Tell us why he is virtuous enough to deserve it.
I never cared until I had kids. Now I want a President under whom they can feel safest. Law and Order, border control, strong economy, strong military. All the cities you see burning are run by Democrats. But let’s say Trump is as evil as you say do you believe if Trump is kidnapped by aliens tomorrow that the issues we have in this country suddenly disappear? The problem with people like you is that you don’t want to have a discussion but you want to preach and tell those with disparate opinions from yours how bad they are when compared to your good. Dialogue is important. Until you understand that you will forever be the real problem in this country.
You didn’t list any virtues. You cited policy.
I voted for a President not a priest. I dont Need a virtuous person protecting my kids, I need a strong person. Someone like Tulsi Gabbard and not Joe Biden.

I was raised in a solidly middle class home by two parents. We attended church as a family. I went to public schools. I played Little League baseball and was a Boy Scout. Through all these institutions I was inculcated in virtuous comportment.

Humility, honesty, loyalty, empathy, compassion, respect for others, respect for myself, adherence to the law, patriotism, volunteerism, and tolerance.

Those are some of the virtues I would assume everyone could back and admire in their fellow citizens. And especially in their leaders.

Could someone here please list the virtues of Donald Trump? What about this particular man do you find noble?

Some of you will resort to 'whataboutism'. But that's a cop out. He's asking for my vote this November. Tell us why he is virtuous enough to deserve it.

Humble bragging and virtue signaling, I guess mother Teresa and Gandhi got nothing on you. If only we were all so lucky. ROFLMFAO

List Trump’s virtues. Criticizing me doesn’t answer that question.
Leadership
Charisma
Resolve
Courage
Benevolence
Loyalty

Enjoy

Humble bragging and virtue signaling, I guess mother Teresa and Gandhi got nothing on you. If only we were all so lucky. ROFLMFAO

Leadership
Charisma
Resolve
Courage
Benevolence
Loyalty

Enjoy
I can’t agree with benevolence but the rest of those traits are dependent on how they are used in the context of empathy and tolerance.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Castro were charismatic leaders who were resolute and courageous.

I voted for a President not a priest. I dont Need a virtuous person protecting my kids, I need a strong person.

That first sentence is what leftist Barbra Streisand said about Bill Clinton… almost word for word.

Virtue just means a good moral quality. I am amazed that this can somehow be turned into a negative thing, or something that isn't necessary in a leader. Not only do I disagree, but I can't even begin to express how foolish that is.

I think the most important thing in a leader (especially in a high position of leadership) is character, because if you don't have that, nothing else really matters. It doesn't mean perfection, because obviously nobody is perfect. But when someone has the power to affect the lives and futures of millions of people, and affect the future of our country and world... call me crazy, but I think that level of power necessitates trustworthiness and a good moral compass. :dunno:

That apathy in regard to the character of our presidents and others in power is the reason why we're losing our republic, imo. And why everything is going downhill, fast.

As a matter of fact, some of the founders even warned us about that. I'll have to look for the quotes.

Leadership
Charisma
Resolve
Courage
Benevolence
Loyalty

Enjoy
I can’t agree with benevolence but the rest of those traits are dependent on how they are used in the context of empathy and tolerance.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Castro were charismatic leaders who were resolute and courageous.
Charisma goes a long way. Ask Israel and my people (Jews) if Trump is benevolent.

I voted for a President not a priest. I dont Need a virtuous person protecting my kids, I need a strong person.

That first sentence is what leftist Barbra Streisand said about Bill Clinton… almost word for word.

Virtue just means a good moral quality. I am amazed that this can somehow be turned into a negative thing, or something that isn't necessary in a leader. Not only do I disagree, but I can't even begin to express how foolish that is.

I think the most important thing in a leader (especially in a high position of leadership) is character, because if you don't have that, nothing else really matters. It doesn't mean perfection, because obviously nobody is perfect. But when someone has the power to affect the lives and futures of millions of people, and affect the future of our country and world... call me crazy, but I think that level of power necessitates trustworthiness and a good moral compass. :dunno:

That apathy in regard to the character of our presidents and others in power is the reason why we're losing our republic, imo. And why everything is going downhill, fast.

As a matter of fact, some of the founders even warned us about that. I'll have to look for the quotes.
"I think"....I disagree. That is America.

I don't dismiss your opinion but you dismiss mine. Outstanding.

Leadership
Charisma
Resolve
Courage
Benevolence
Loyalty

Enjoy

Charisma goes a long way. Ask Israel and my people (Jews) if Trump is benevolent.
The problem is he was not elected Prime Minister of Israel but President of the United States. Ask the families of POWs if Trump is benevolent.

Leadership
Charisma
Resolve
Courage
Benevolence
Loyalty

Enjoy

The problem is he was not elected Prime Minister of Israel but President of the United States. Ask the families of POWs if Trump is benevolent.
POWs? You mean from the wars started by Bush? You're all over the place. Israel is our ally last I checked. Are you anti Israel?

Leadership
Charisma
Resolve
Courage
Benevolence
Loyalty

Enjoy

POWs? You mean from the wars started by Bush? You're all over the place. Israel is our ally last I checked. Are you anti Israel?
I mean veterans like John McCain. I am not anti-Israel. I only point out that Trump's 'benevolence' should extend to Americans before Israelites. He swore an oath to our constitution. But, lacking the virtues of honesty and integrity, he is not following the oath at all. See! Virtue matters!

Leadership
Charisma
Resolve
Courage
Benevolence
Loyalty

Enjoy

I mean veterans like John McCain. I am not anti-Israel. I only point out that Trump's 'benevolence' should extend to Americans before Israelites. He swore an oath to our constitution. But, lacking the virtues of honesty and integrity, he is not following the oath at all. See! Virtue matters!
It is to Americans. He expresses it via the economy and border security where everyone benefits if it is strong, regardless of race or gender.

Leadership
Charisma
Resolve
Courage
Benevolence
Loyalty

Enjoy

It is to Americans. He expresses it via the economy and border security where everyone benefits if it is strong, regardless of race or gender.
His benevolence was extended to immigrant children in the form of emotional trauma and a Mylar blanket. His benevolence was extended to Told Star families by telling them their loved ones "knew what they signed up for".

Forum List

Back