On Americas Thanksgiving, you guys should be kissing the ground you walk on.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
For all of Americans problems (and every country has them), you have the most cherished asset: freedom. Be thankful for your constitution and fight to the end to ensure it is defended. Canadians could learn from you as our Charter of Rights is a paperweight, sadly.

Furthermore, you have freedom that demands accountability of government. Believe me when I say that this is vital to ones pursuits, to your very soul as a nation. When a nation lacks this, it inherently lacks full capacity to achieve.

Just as important as tangible freedom is your commitment to it and discussion of it. As a society you have so many who have fought for the U.S in wars, you have sacrificed and appreciate more than most countries what this sacrifice represents.

Canadians take it for granted, Americans do not. When there are challenges to it, you have media, personalities and even businessmen who call it out, realizing the danger. This is unique, don't shun it, embrace it, encourage it.

Enjoy your day, and do NOT become like those nations some falsely rerpesent as Utopias. We are far from such a lofty description.

For all of Americans problems (and every country has them), you have the most cherished asset: freedom. Be thankful for your constitution and fight to the end to ensure it is defended. Canadians could learn from you as our Charter of Rights is a paperweight, sadly.

Furthermore, you have freedom that demands accountability of government. Believe me when I say that this is vital to ones pursuits, to your very soul as a nation. When a nation lacks this, it inherently lacks full capacity to achieve.

Just as important as tangible freedom is your commitment to it and discussion of it. As a society you have so many who have fought for the U.S in wars, you have sacrificed and appreciate more than most countries what this sacrifice represents.

Canadians take it for granted, Americans do not. When there are challenges to it, you have media, personalities and even businessmen who call it out, realizing the danger. This is unique, don't shun it, embrace it, encourage it.

Enjoy your day, and do NOT become like those nations some falsely rerpesent as Utopias. We are far from such a lofty description.
It sometimes is hard to keep sight of, especially when your freedoms seem to wane every day.

And with crushing inflation, free to do what exactly?

But you are correct, we need to count our blessings best we can.

Freedom seems to be a vanishing species

Less so here, but not far behind the Commonwealth countries

With Civics education a profound failure in American public schools, few of us recognize the fact that the Bill of Rights places constraints and obligations on GOVERNMENT, and not on the people. Government cannot punish you for criticizing the Government or its politicians, Government cannot take away your firearms, Government cannot search you or your stuff without good cause, government cannot take your "life, liberty, or property," with "due process of law."

It is tremendous. Few other countries have such restraints on the Sovereign embedded in their foundational documents.

Yet another good reason to give thanks. To the Founders.

Canadians take it for granted, Americans do not
interesting take on us shocked one.....
Government cannot punish you for criticizing the Government or its politicians, Government cannot take away your firearms, Government cannot search you or your stuff without good cause, government cannot take your "life, liberty, or property," with "due process of law."
yet they have no problem allowing private industry to do so for them DG.....

~S~

The USA is the only country that guarantees specific freedoms in writing the in the 1st ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the "Bill of Rights". I appreciate a Canadian reminding us. Too bad the selfish generation never learned it while they were spending time learning how to put a condom on a banana in the federal school system.

Forum List

Back