Omicron ‘probably’ won’t be prevented by fourth vaccine jab, Israeli researcher says

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Most of MSM have been avoiding data provided from the U.K and Israel throughout this pandemic so I won't expect a transparent, rational discussion now, but it would have been prudent for everyone to have done so for the last year.

I was was initially excited about the vaccines, but when I read how they functioned, I knew that they would be far more relevant to particular demographics and groups of higher risk. I also suspected it might not alleviate the virus entirely.

We should always rely on facts only and not politicize such matters. Then, leave it up to individuals and their doctors to make such decisions, NOT politicians.

Omicron ‘probably’ won’t be prevented by fourth vaccine jab, Israeli researcher says​

Israeli researchers on Monday said preliminary data show a second booster shot of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines will "probably" not create enough antibodies to prevent infection from the omicron variant.

Gili Regev-Yochay, an infectious disease expert at Sheba Medical Center, said the fourth jab increases antibodies "even a little bit higher than what we had after the third dose," but the increase is likely not enough to prevent omicron, which is considered more transmissible than earlier variants, Reuters reported.

Pfizer and Moderna did not immediately respond to an after-hour emails from Fox News.

Last edited:
President Trump's gonna be mighty disappointed that his vaccine was all for nothing.

I guess those Democrats won't be voting for him now, if he runs again.

It's seems COVID.....in any form......seems to do as it pleases, regardless of how many "jabs" you get.

Apparently you could replace your entire blood supply with "the vaccine" and STILL DIE from contracting COVID.

Yet, I am supposedly one of the most "vulnerable" types, because of age and medical conditions........and I've never contracted any form of COVID. And I've been to all sorts of stores, public events, doctors offices, and douchebag asswipes shoving themselves in front of me at stores I shop at.......

Hmmmmmmmmmm

It's seems COVID.....in any form......seems to do as it pleases, regardless of how many "jabs" you get.

Apparently you could replace your entire blood supply with "the vaccine" and STILL DIE from contracting COVID.

Yet, I am supposedly one of the most "vulnerable" types, because of age and medical conditions........and I've never contracted any form of COVID. And I've been to all sorts of stores, public events, doctors offices, and douchebag asswipes shoving themselves in front of me at stores I shop at.......

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Natural immunity, ain't it great? :dance:

Most of MSM have been avoiding data provided from the U.K and Israel throughout this pandemic so I won't expect a transparent, rational discussion now, but it would have been prudent for everyone to have done so for the last year.

I was was initially excited about the vaccines, but when I read how they functioned, I knew that they would be far more relevant to particular demographics and groups of higher risk. I also suspected it might not alleviate the virus entirely.

We should always rely on facts only and not politicize such matters. Then, leave it up to individuals and their doctors to make such decisions, NOT politicians.

Omicron ‘probably’ won’t be prevented by fourth vaccine jab, Israeli researcher says​

Israeli researchers on Monday said preliminary data show a second booster shot of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines will "probably" not create enough antibodies to prevent infection from the omicron variant.

Gili Regev-Yochay, an infectious disease expert at Sheba Medical Center, said the fourth jab increases antibodies "even a little bit higher than what we had after the third dose," but the increase is likely not enough to prevent omicron, which is considered more transmissible than earlier variants, Reuters reported.

Pfizer and Moderna did not immediately respond to an after-hour emails from Fox News.
5 then!
6!
still not working?
7!
8!

All paid for by taxpayers.
Notice no one has ever asked what the profit margin is?

We have seat belt laws and yet people still die in auto accidents. I mean Laura Ingrahm, in her usual fashion, throws out an unsupported claim, that vaccine mandates are not scientifically justified. What she should have learned at Dartmouth is that is called "begging the question". Like the college mandates, the scientific justification is right in the article,

U.S. data earlier this month showed that symptomatic COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations are between seven and 11 times higher in unvaccinated adolescents than vaccinated ones, according to the Associated Press.

And that Israeli researcher,

Nachman Ash, the health ministry director-general, told Army Radio that the country believes that "protection from serious morbidity, especially for the elderly population and at-risk population, is still afforded by this vaccine (dose), and therefore I call on people to keep coming to get vaccinated."

You don't get the booster because you believe it protects you from Omicron, you get the booster because it can keep your ass out of the hospital, off a ventilator, and maybe even prevent you from dying.

We have seat belt laws and yet people still die in auto accidents. I mean Laura Ingrahm, in her usual fashion, throws out an unsupported claim, that vaccine mandates are not scientifically justified. What she should have learned at Dartmouth is that is called "begging the question". Like the college mandates, the scientific justification is right in the article,

U.S. data earlier this month showed that symptomatic COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations are between seven and 11 times higher in unvaccinated adolescents than vaccinated ones, according to the Associated Press.

Nachman Ash, the health ministry director-general, told Army Radio that the country believes that "protection from serious morbidity, especially for the elderly population and at-risk population, is still afforded by this vaccine (dose), and therefore I call on people to keep coming to get vaccinated."

You don't get the booster because you believe it protects you from Omicron, you get the booster because it can keep your ass out of the hospital, off a ventilator, and maybe even prevent you from dying.

Yes, for the most vulnerable. I've never disputed that. Why are 20 year old athletes getting a vaccine?

More importantly, in Canada and elsewhere, why are 20 year olds who DON'T get the vaccine, punished by the state in one form or another?

The vaccine in most cases will lower your odds of getting the virus and lessen the severity of its symptoms it was never going to one hundred percent prevent you from getting it.

Yes, for the most vulnerable. I've never disputed that. Why are 20 year old athletes getting a vaccine?

More importantly, in Canada and elsewhere, why are 20 year olds who DON'T get the vaccine, punished by the state in one form or another?
Simple, while you might believe it is OK for those healthy young people to take on the higher risk of hospitalization and death by not being vaccinated, the state doesn't have to. When an uninsured 20 year old college student ends up in the hospital and on a ventilator for ten days, who pays the bill? The state.

Regardless of what you think, a college student at a public university, or even a private one for that matter, represents an investment by either the state or the college endowment of the private university. Just lke NFL teams but behavioral restrictions in players contracts, keep Big Ben off his damn motorcycles for example, Universities have a right to mitigate their exposure to loss as well.

I mean I might have graduated back in the stone ages but I could not have graduated until I passed a swimming test. From the university's perspective, the risk of drowning and premature death could be mitigated by requiring everyone that graduates know how to swim. And while that policy was eventually eliminated because it was considered "racist", it still makes sense to me. After all, if you couldn't swim the university would teach you, and for course credit. While not having access to swimming facilities as a child might have minorities over represented, refusing to learn to swim when given the opportunity is not something that results in discrimination.

Simple, while you might believe it is OK for those healthy young people to take on the higher risk of hospitalization and death by not being vaccinated, the state doesn't have to. When an uninsured 20 year old college student ends up in the hospital and on a ventilator for ten days, who pays the bill? The state.

Regardless of what you think, a college student at a public university, or even a private one for that matter, represents an investment by either the state or the college endowment of the private university. Just lke NFL teams but behavioral restrictions in players contracts, keep Big Ben off his damn motorcycles for example, Universities have a right to mitigate their exposure to loss as well.

I mean I might have graduated back in the stone ages but I could not have graduated until I passed a swimming test. From the university's perspective, the risk of drowning and premature death could be mitigated by requiring everyone that graduates know how to swim. And while that policy was eventually eliminated because it was considered "racist", it still makes sense to me. After all, if you couldn't swim the university would teach you, and for course credit. While not having access to swimming facilities as a child might have minorities over represented, refusing to learn to swim when given the opportunity is not something that results in discrimination.

So why is the state taking on the higher risk of people getting injured while at the gym? Or bad eating habits? Becoming addicted to poisons of various kinds? How about high risk activities such as rock climbing, hang gliding or pogo stick jumping? Once government forces people to take a vaccine, one not even geared for omicron, what is next?

If people are at high risk, stay home and avoid people. If others decide "I am willing to take the risk" it's no different than many other high risk activities.

Finally, it's been two years now of a approach that has kept us here and I expect new variants to emerge in this big, highly connect world. When is it enough time to realize "this may not work" or at least have open, uncensored discussion about it all like adults? Ten, twenty years?

So why is the state taking on the higher risk of people getting injured while at the gym? Or bad eating habits? Becoming addicted to poisons of various kinds? How about high risk activities such as rock climbing, hang gliding or pogo stick jumping? Once government forces people to take a vaccine, one not even geared for omicron, what is next?

If people are at high risk, stay home and avoid people. If others decide "I am willing to take the risk" it's no different than many other high risk activities.

Finally, it's been two years now of a approach that has kept us here and I expect new variants to emerge in this big, highly connect world. When is it enough time to realize "this may not work" or at least have open, uncensored discussion about it all like adults? Ten, twenty years?
Outside of pogo stick jumping, there are CEO's of major companies operating under a contractual obligation not to engage in things like rock climbing or hang gliding.

And I agree, it has been two years. The easiest, and simplest strategy we can utilize is mandatory vaccines, even if it means a booster every six months or so. But if we can't get society to accept this simply strategy perhaps it is time to engage in more forceful tactics. Refuse the vaccine, then post a bond to cover possible hospitalization costs, pay higher health insurance premiums. If prevention measures can't be utilized to mitigate risk, the mitigate it from the other end. Refuse to pay for the hospital costs of someone that "willingly takes on the risk", because it is one thing to claim you are taking on the risk, and then when you get hospitalized turn to Medicare, the state, or even a health insurance company to pay those costs. You didn't willing take on the risk, you willingly transferred it to the public.

Majority of deaths at home are in bathrooms.
Ban all bathrooms.

Forum List

Back