OMG. Stupid tv shows that should be destroyed.

This will make me popular... heh.... The Walking Dead.
I consider it a personal insult what the writers/producers did to this show.
The first 3 seasons were some of the best TV in history. Loved the fact you could not possibly predict what was going to happen next. Such a great show. But by season 4 it was quickly becoming a soap opera. Whole shows where nothing, absolutely nothing happened other than people sitting around talking. It became possible to miss 2-3 episodes in a row, and you didn't actually miss anything.
We haven't watched it for I think 5 years now. Not sure what season it was.

I still watch Blue Bloods occasionally, used to watch Blacklist regularly for the first three seasons, then quit, still like Last Man Standing and Home Improvement, and once in a while a Master Chef, but not often. Haven't watched hardly any of the new shows the last three years or so. I thought Gotham was going to be good, but it lasted a couple of episodes then nothing.

I am not sure why but I did not Like M.A.S.H. at all when it first started when I was a teen. It wasn't until recent years that I began to enjoy it some. But some of the characters I still find more annoying then funny. I agree on some of the talk shows mentioned and add all reality shows. I viewed them enough to see what there about and then avoid watching them at all. Add late night talk shows to the list . After Johnny Carson retired they all went slowly down the tubes. and S.NL. It had some good moments and talented members but in general it just wasn't funny.
My mother religiously watched MASH. As a little kid I hated it. Couldn’t stand Hawkeye. Such an ass. If I had to be around him for more than five minutes he would have ended up shot. Wasn’t a fan of Margaret either. She treated all of the other characters like crap.

Another one... Showtimes BILLIONS.
The first season was great. Loved it. Paul Giamatti is a favorite, and he does not dissapoint.
Season 2 was also very good, but by the end of the season it was waning.
We stopped watching towards the end of season 4. It became the Wendy and Taylor show, and neither one is interesting enough to carry a show. Not really even close.

Love Island. Where a bunch of idiots gather and swap spit to win a party with the same people they live with on the island. Where they dress like sluts. Where they swap bodily fluids from neither regions. Where every other word is LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, um, did I, like, mention LIKE? Buncha empty headed dweebs that might look great but have no brain cells whatsoever floating around up there.

Below Deck. Fire the head stew last season for having rx and a weed pen, complain about the male crew if they make any move to a woman that is considered sexual, but let the black 3rd stew chick rub her boobs in a man's face that did NOT want her to do that who also shoved another black crew member after telling him to get his sorry ass back to Africa and in general telling her boss (head stew) to shove her rules up her ass...and not be fired. Why? Because she's black.

Big Brother. No words. More bimbos and "bros before ho's" mentality, idiotic challenges, cliques, and overall stupid shit.

What else am I missing? No wonder I never turn on the tv any more.
Never heard of any of them in detail. The last series I watched weekly was Taxi. I thought TV was a waste except interests in sports and history. I used my time otherwise.

Have I missed a lot since Taxi.? I mean I watch TV whenever, but really never followed anything

But I have seen a lot of shows in rerun eventually. Married With Children among my favorites

Lego Masters.
Seriously, WTF.

Naked and Afraid.
Again, seriously, WTF.
Saw that Naked and Disgusting one a few clips. The chicks look like they should mate with anything crawling on fours in the jungle, or knuckle draggers

There was a time when free tv channels would still produce real tv "series", you know, with scripts and actors and all this fancy stuff.

At some point, they discovered that they can just hold a hand camera on random people shouting at each other, for a tiny friction of the production costs of real shows, and people will watch it and bring in ratings all the same.

Can't stand that "reality" crap.

There was a time when free tv channels would still produce real tv "series", you know, with scripts and actors and all this fancy stuff.

At some point, they discovered that they can just hold a hand camera on random people shouting at each other, for a tiny friction of the production costs of real shows, and people will watch it and bring in ratings all the same.

Can't stand that "reality" crap.

Well, they found out the faux 'reality ' crap wasn't any more ridiculously crappy than what they were paying Big Bux actors and writers for, and the ad time sold for just as much. It's about selling ads, especially since the cable TV racket is imploding.

Well, they found out the faux 'reality ' crap wasn't any more ridiculously crappy than what they were paying Big Bux actors and writers for, and the ad time sold for just as much. It's about selling ads, especially since the cable TV racket is imploding.

I dunno. Even when a "real" show is really bad, I can still see glimmers of some kind of art in there in many cases. And quite a few weren't that bad. The reality stuff is just irredeemably bad.

I dunno. Even when a "real" show is really bad, I can still see glimmers of some kind of art in there in many cases. And quite a few weren't that bad. The reality stuff is just irredeemably bad.

Yes, I don't think anybody disagrees, and most know it's fake, but I still watch PAwn Stars or American Picker just to see some of the cool odd stuff they feature on those shows. I don't really care if the show itself is faked.

Yes, I don't think anybody disagrees, and most know it's fake, but I still watch PAwn Stars or American Picker just to see some of the cool odd stuff they feature on those shows. I don't really care if the show itself is faked.

Guess much has to do with watching habits. Some people just like to switch on the tube when they come home, no matter what's on. Guess then reality stuff is fair deal. Other people prefer watching particular shows, because of story or actors or so, and don't care about other programs.

If it entertains someone then it did it's job. I mean if I don't like it then I don't watch it. That's what makes movies and tv great, there is something for everyone else. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean others can't.

The best move I ever made was getting rid of my cable subscription. I do have to travel quite a bit for my jobs so I can still see some cable from time to time...but every time I have access to 140 channels, I end up watching Chopped or network TV I have at my residence.

This chat has brought me to this question, how much longer will the Simpsons show go on for?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Has any show gone longer than that one?

I've never managed to watch a full episode of that crap, or any of the other animated shows, either.

^^^ I just read that the show will be 32 years old on December 17th. I have no memory of ever watching a whole episode from start to finish and so I can't give a legitimate opinion of the show.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ I just read that the show will be 32 years old on December 17th. I have no memory of ever watching a whole episode from start to finish and so I can't give a legitimate opinion of the show.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You have good taste, is all. A definite handicap in today's media 'culture' these days, though.

Guess much has to do with watching habits. Some people just like to switch on the tube when they come home, no matter what's on. Guess then reality stuff is fair deal. Other people prefer watching particular shows, because of story or actors or so, and don't care about other programs.

I read a lot, and also work our place, I have a large one and a couple of truck gardens and a few critters, so I have plenty to do when weather and age allows. I would watch it more if it had decent programming instead of trash and idiocy. I check schedules every other day for good movies and shows, or I go check them out at the library, which keep fairly up to date on cable series and movies as well as extensive stocks of old classics. I don't do much outside in the dark even with the commerical grade work light collection I have.

Forum List

Back