OMG! Liberals bring race into the eclispe

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
American Blackout

American Blackout
A tour of the solar eclipse’s path reveals a nation that fought to maintain a different sort of totality.

Totality is everything, say those who chase solar eclipses. When the moon fully obscures the sun and casts its shadow on Earth, the result is like nothing you’ve seen before—not even a partial eclipse. A merely partial eclipse does not flip day to night, because the sun is bright enough to light our fields of vision with only a tiny fraction of its power. But when the sun and moon align just so, a little piece of Earth goes dark in the middle of the day. In this path of totality, night comes suddenly and one can see the shape of the moon as a circle darker than black, marked by the faint backlight of the sun’s corona. Astronomers and eclipse chasers chart carefully to be sure that they can watch from exactly the right place at the right time. They know that you cannot compromise with the sun. For a dark sky, the sun must be banished altogether.

SMH....liberals are a disgusting creed!

American Blackout

American Blackout
A tour of the solar eclipse’s path reveals a nation that fought to maintain a different sort of totality.

Totality is everything, say those who chase solar eclipses. When the moon fully obscures the sun and casts its shadow on Earth, the result is like nothing you’ve seen before—not even a partial eclipse. A merely partial eclipse does not flip day to night, because the sun is bright enough to light our fields of vision with only a tiny fraction of its power. But when the sun and moon align just so, a little piece of Earth goes dark in the middle of the day. In this path of totality, night comes suddenly and one can see the shape of the moon as a circle darker than black, marked by the faint backlight of the sun’s corona. Astronomers and eclipse chasers chart carefully to be sure that they can watch from exactly the right place at the right time. They know that you cannot compromise with the sun. For a dark sky, the sun must be banished altogether.

SMH....liberals are a disgusting creed!

Now, now, we need to use PC terms when talking about the mentally ill.

i was wondering also til i read the next paragraph:

"On August 21, 2017, a total solar eclipse will arrive mid-morning on the coast of Oregon. The moon’s shadow will be about 70 miles wide, and it will race across the country faster than the speed of sound, exiting the eastern seaboard shortly before 3 p.m. local time. It has been dubbed the Great American Eclipse, and along most of its path, there live almost no black people."

seriously? it gets worse after that.

"On August 21, 2017, a total solar eclipse will arrive mid-morning on the coast of Oregon. The moon’s shadow will be about 70 miles wide, and it will race across the country faster than the speed of sound, exiting the eastern seaboard shortly before 3 p.m. local time. It has been dubbed the Great American Eclipse, and along most of its path, there live almost no black people."

Really? I doubt they checked their demographics lately..

• Banned
Don't worry Mike. I'm sure that some right winger somewhere is blaming the eclipse on Obama.
Why would someone do that? Your trolling is noted, so please if you can't respond to the topic stay out.

• Banned
It's not so bad that anyone read this, it is bad that someone earned money writing it..
Liberals will do anything to keep the race divide growing and denigrate Trump.

Here in Oregon, there's an extremely low percentage of black folks that live in the path of totality.
Someone should have began a bussing relocating plan a couple years back in preparation of the event.

Really? I doubt they checked their demographics lately..
when you're being stupid, you don't usually verify it. :) but yea, bullshit article.

Don't worry Mike. I'm sure that some right winger somewhere is blaming the eclipse on Obama.
Why would someone do that? Your trolling is noted, so please if you can't respond to the topic stay out.
Why not? They blame him for everything else. Why not the eclipse?

Interesting essay. Juxtaposing the totality of the eclipse along its path across the US, with the history of racism along the same swath. Not sure why that history causes you such discomfort or how it somehow makes liberalism a disgusting creed. Perhaps you think it would be better if Slavery still existed?

It's not so bad that anyone read this, it is bad that someone earned money writing it..
Where was Trump even mentioned? You complain about statues being taken down because history should be preserved, yet when actual history is brought up, you complain that it is perpetuating the racial divide.

Where was Trump even mentioned? You complain about statues being taken down because history should be preserved, yet when actual history is brought up, you complain that it is perpetuating the racial divide.
Listen up troll. We're talking a bout a media source using the eclipse to stir up racial divide. Care to comment on that?

Listen up troll. We're talking a bout a media source using the eclipse to stir up racial divide. Care to comment on that?
How is reciting the history of racial discrimination along a geographical path stirring up the racial divide? Is the subject matter unmentionable? Would it be unmentionable if your ethnic group was the target of historical injustice?

So no comment on the topic just more trolling.

The clouds blocked my view of the eclipse for about 5 minutes. Thanks Obama.

Forum List

Back