OMG I'm in Shock. Palin said some REALLY INTELLIGENT and Insightful Stuff!

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
This was from that Liberal Rag, the New York Times. For the first time since I can remember, she's said something I find really great.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/10/us/10iht-currents10.html?_r=3&src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB

"Let us begin by confessing that, if Sarah Palin surfaced to say something intelligent and wise and fresh about the present American condition, many of us would fail to hear it.

She made three interlocking points. First, that the United States is now governed by a “permanent political class,” drawn from both parties, that is increasingly cut off from the concerns of regular people. Second, that these Republicans and Democrats have allied with big business to mutual advantage to create what she called “corporate crony capitalism.” Third, that the real political divide in the United States may no longer be between friends and foes of Big Government, but between friends and foes of vast, remote, unaccountable institutions (both public and private).

In supporting her first point, about the permanent political class, she attacked both parties’ tendency to talk of spending cuts while spending more and more; to stoke public anxiety about a credit downgrade, but take a vacation anyway; to arrive in Washington of modest means and then somehow ride the gravy train to fabulous wealth. She observed that 7 of the 10 wealthiest counties in the United States happen to be suburbs of the nation’s capital.

Her second point, about money in politics, helped to explain the first. The permanent class stays in power because it positions itself between two deep troughs: the money spent by the government and the money spent by big companies to secure decisions from government that help them make more money.

“Do you want to know why nothing ever really gets done?” she said, referring to politicians. “It’s because there’s nothing in it for them. They’ve got a lot of mouths to feed — a lot of corporate lobbyists and a lot of special interests that are counting on them to keep the good times and the money rolling along.”

Because her party has agitated for the wholesale deregulation of money in politics and the unshackling of lobbyists, these will be heard in some quarters as sacrilegious words.

Ms. Palin’s third point was more striking still: in contrast to the sweeping paeans to capitalism and the free market delivered by the Republican presidential candidates whose ranks she has yet to join, she sought to make a distinction between good capitalists and bad ones. The good ones, in her telling, are those small businesses that take risks and sink and swim in the churning market; the bad ones are well-connected megacorporations that live off bailouts, dodge taxes and profit terrifically while creating no jobs.

Strangely, she was saying things that liberals might like, if not for Ms. Palin’s having said them.

“This is not the capitalism of free men and free markets, of innovation and hard work and ethics, of sacrifice and of risk,” she said of the crony variety. She added: “It’s the collusion of big government and big business and big finance to the detriment of all the rest — to the little guys. It’s a slap in the face to our small business owners — the true entrepreneurs, the job creators accounting for 70 percent of the jobs in America.”

Good for you Sarah!

She has hit the target dead center and the people she is talking about are scared that we are going to find out and do something about it, if it is not too late. We voters let it happen and we have the responsibility of taking the country back.

This was from that Liberal Rag, the New York Times. For the first time since I can remember, she's said something I find really great.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/10/us/10iht-currents10.html?_r=3&src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB

"Let us begin by confessing that, if Sarah Palin surfaced to say something intelligent and wise and fresh about the present American condition, many of us would fail to hear it.

She made three interlocking points. First, that the United States is now governed by a “permanent political class,” drawn from both parties, that is increasingly cut off from the concerns of regular people. Second, that these Republicans and Democrats have allied with big business to mutual advantage to create what she called “corporate crony capitalism.” Third, that the real political divide in the United States may no longer be between friends and foes of Big Government, but between friends and foes of vast, remote, unaccountable institutions (both public and private).

In supporting her first point, about the permanent political class, she attacked both parties’ tendency to talk of spending cuts while spending more and more; to stoke public anxiety about a credit downgrade, but take a vacation anyway; to arrive in Washington of modest means and then somehow ride the gravy train to fabulous wealth. She observed that 7 of the 10 wealthiest counties in the United States happen to be suburbs of the nation’s capital.

Her second point, about money in politics, helped to explain the first. The permanent class stays in power because it positions itself between two deep troughs: the money spent by the government and the money spent by big companies to secure decisions from government that help them make more money.

“Do you want to know why nothing ever really gets done?” she said, referring to politicians. “It’s because there’s nothing in it for them. They’ve got a lot of mouths to feed — a lot of corporate lobbyists and a lot of special interests that are counting on them to keep the good times and the money rolling along.”

Because her party has agitated for the wholesale deregulation of money in politics and the unshackling of lobbyists, these will be heard in some quarters as sacrilegious words.

Ms. Palin’s third point was more striking still: in contrast to the sweeping paeans to capitalism and the free market delivered by the Republican presidential candidates whose ranks she has yet to join, she sought to make a distinction between good capitalists and bad ones. The good ones, in her telling, are those small businesses that take risks and sink and swim in the churning market; the bad ones are well-connected megacorporations that live off bailouts, dodge taxes and profit terrifically while creating no jobs.

Strangely, she was saying things that liberals might like, if not for Ms. Palin’s having said them.

“This is not the capitalism of free men and free markets, of innovation and hard work and ethics, of sacrifice and of risk,” she said of the crony variety. She added: “It’s the collusion of big government and big business and big finance to the detriment of all the rest — to the little guys. It’s a slap in the face to our small business owners — the true entrepreneurs, the job creators accounting for 70 percent of the jobs in America.”

Good for you Sarah!

Sarah has been saying that same thing for months, yet you, and the NYT, just noticed. That says more about you than it does her.

Sarah Palin is absolutely correct about political corruption, corporatism, and the permanent political ruling class in America.

When she wrote a book called, "Going Rouge by Lynn Vincent", she proved the value of her literary credentials.

I want her to write a history book. I never knew Paul Revere rode to warn the British and one of our founding fathers was only 9 years old. Or maybe he was a "foundling". Well, that's why she needs to write that book.

Oh, she's absolutely right. But the first thing I thought was damn! Where did she get that speechwriter??

:lol: Wow. Just how much more stupid can you be? Do you even know what a speechwriter does? I'll give you a clue.... they don't create the content, they create the words, you dumb fucking bitch.

It's no wonder this country is a fuck up... people like you vote.

I have a question... mainly because I cannot be arsed to find out for myself... is the NYT under new ownership?

Oh, she's absolutely right. But the first thing I thought was damn! Where did she get that speechwriter??

:lol: Wow. Just how much more stupid can you be? Do you even know what a speechwriter does? I'll give you a clue.... they don't create the content, they create the words, you dumb fucking bitch.

You know? If you simply MUST show your ass, why don't you head on over to Warrior's shanty and show it to him. I hear he's got a little something for you.

Very little, as I heard it. ;)

Nazi Git.

Good for you Sarah!

Sarah has been saying that same thing for months, yet you, and the NYT, just noticed. That says more about you than it does her.

Dude, are you always such an @sshole? Let's see, You have acknowledged the views of Liberals or a Democrat Politician as being valid and worth respect when? Never? Of course not. No wonder you mindless drones drive so many independents away from taking the TP etc... seriously.
So when someone who is niether Dem not Lib but definitely no fan of Sarah, comes across and acknowledges something to admire in her, what do you do?
Dale Carnegie institute graduate are you? :lol:

yeah. You're post says a bit about you too.

Um hmmm. After seeing how gracefully you handle differing opinions, I'm wondering whether to mention that speechwriters actually do create content. They're given a subject or issue. They're responsible for knowing the candidate's stance on it and write the best thing they can. Then the politician etc... will edit it to their liking.

Not saying that's the case here because frankly, I haven't paid much attention to anything Palin says for years - with the exception of the occasional gaffe, which I enjoy from Dems, Repubs or whomever.
So I don't know if her rhetoric has been gradually getting more intelligent that the Dumb as a Rock candidate I saw in 2008, or if this is just a new speechwriter or if it's a case of somewhere in between.
I just happened across something that was worth giving her a genuine compliment about. Since I prefer to compliment than insult, I thought I'd post it!

Um hmmm. After seeing how gracefully you handle differing opinions, I'm wondering whether to mention that speechwriters actually do create content. They're given a subject or issue. They're responsible for knowing the candidate's stance on it and write the best thing they can. Then the politician etc... will edit it to their liking.

Not saying that's the case here because frankly, I haven't paid much attention to anything Palin says for years - with the exception of the occasional gaffe, which I enjoy from Dems, Repubs or whomever.
So I don't know if her rhetoric has been gradually getting more intelligent that the Dumb as a Rock candidate I saw in 2008, or if this is just a new speechwriter or if it's a case of somewhere in between.
I just happened across something that was worth giving her a genuine compliment about. Since I prefer to compliment than insult, I thought I'd post it!
"that dumb as a rock candidate"

Just what the fuck does that say about YOU, slapdick?

The don't create the stance. They write what they are told, from the perspective they're told to write from.

I have very little time for Palin.... other than her 'useful idiot' status.... but I'm quite impressed if this is genuinely her.

I'm also quite impressed with the NYT.... which worries me.

Forum List

Back