OMG Bloomberg Was Not Conservative! Shock!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070619/ap_on_el_pr/bloomberg_politics

NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg leaves GOP

By SARA KUGLER, Associated Press Writer 25 minutes ago

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Tuesday switched his party status from Republican to unaffiliated, a stunning move certain to be seen as a prelude to an independent presidential bid that would upend the 2008 race.

The billionaire former CEO, who was a lifelong Democrat before he switched to the GOP for his first mayoral run, said the change in voter registration does not mean he is running for president.

"Although my plans for the future haven't changed, I believe this brings my affiliation into alignment with how I have led and will continue to lead our city," he said in a statement.

Despite his coyness about his aspirations, the mayor's decision to switch stokes speculation that he will pursue the White House, challenging the Democratic and Republican nominees with a legitimate and well-financed third-party bid.

I mean all us 'conservatives' are speechless and shocked! Not.

Actually, Bloomberg is a true fiscal conservative. What he isn't is a loony right-winger who thinks government belongs in our bedrooms... so he isn't represented by the republican party.

Oh yeah... he's also a New Yorker, so might take issue with the allocation of anti-terrorism funds equally to us and to Iowa cornfields.

but he is a liberal and as such challenges both Hillary and Obama, enjoy!

What he isn't is a loony right-winger who thinks government belongs in our bedrooms...

Bloomberg is a fascist, anti-gun gargoyle. He should be in federal prison for orchestrating the whole NYC-sponsored straw purchase fiasco (which backfired horribly I might add... Notice how quickly he jumped onto the global warming bandwagon). Good riddance. Fiscal conservative or not, I despise this man.

I do take solace in the fact that if he does make a presidential run, he's enough of a dyed-in-the-wool fascist that he'll siphon a fair number of votes from Hillary/Obama :eusa_dance:

Oh yeah... he's also a New Yorker, so might take issue with the allocation of anti-terrorism funds equally to us and to Iowa cornfields.

What exactly is the outside bound of your hatred of white gentiles? Would you be happy if they were all wiped out? Human beings live in Iowa. But I guess since they aren't rich Jews like Bloomberg, they're expendable.

That's just it though, those are the two reasons why terrorists have focused on NYC--lots of wealth, lots of Jews. Striking some random rural target in the heartland would probably be easier, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. I think you could probably make a good case that most of the money set aside for terrorism prevention in Iowa or most places is just disguised pork. Besides, in a situation like that, it's easy enough for police to unofficially screen for terrorists--look out for nervous muslims.

What exactly is the outside bound of your hatred of white gentiles? Would you be happy if they were all wiped out? Human beings live in Iowa. But I guess since they aren't rich Jews like Bloomberg, they're expendable.

Don't project your hatred onto me. You're pathetic... just pathetic.

Every time I read your posts I am reminded of how grateful I am that I'm not you.

That's just it though, those are the two reasons why terrorists have focused on NYC--lots of wealth, lots of Jews. Striking some random rural target in the heartland would probably be easier, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. I think you could probably make a good case that most of the money set aside for terrorism prevention in Iowa or most places is just disguised pork. Besides, in a situation like that, it's easy enough for police to unofficially screen for terrorists--look out for nervous muslims.

Good points. I almost wonder if someone was thinking, well, if we hit NYC, will people in the heartland maybe... chuckle? But as it stands, people in the heartland won't and DIDN'T chuckle --- they signed up to fight in the military! This is what rips me about NYC v. America... the people of America think of America as including it, but the people of NYC think of themselves as "too good" for the rest.

I have some perspective here because I'm from the midwest, and lived in NYC. I can tell you that

* People in NYC could not care less whether midwesterners live or die... they laugh at them and call them rednecks. But these same "rednecks" are the ones who sign up to defend America, etc.

* People in the midwest RARELY say that New Yorkers are jerks, by contrast... sometimes, but with New Yorkers, you can always, always, always count on them to ridicule.

It all makes me sick! It's like some boy who's in love with a snobby girl who will never like him, but he's willing to sacrifice his life for her. He should move on!

Bloomberg is a fascist, anti-gun gargoyle. He should be in federal prison for orchestrating the whole NYC-sponsored straw purchase fiasco (which backfired horribly I might add... Notice how quickly he jumped onto the global warming bandwagon). Good riddance. Fiscal conservative or not, I despise this man.

I do take solace in the fact that if he does make a presidential run, he's enough of a dyed-in-the-wool fascist that he'll siphon a fair number of votes from Hillary/Obama :eusa_dance:

got a link, snowman or are you just passing gas?

psst, willie... when was the last terrorist attack in Iowa? Has there ever been one? How many Iowans have died as a result of terrorist actions? Any?

why should Iowa get as much funding as states that have legitimate targets?

Good points. I almost wonder if someone was thinking, well, if we hit NYC, will people in the heartland maybe... chuckle? But as it stands, people in the heartland won't and DIDN'T chuckle --- they signed up to fight in the military! This is what rips me about NYC v. America... the people of America think of America as including it, but the people of NYC think of themselves as "too good" for the rest.

I have some perspective here because I'm from the midwest, and lived in NYC. I can tell you that

* People in NYC could not care less whether midwesterners live or die... they laugh at them and call them rednecks. But these same "rednecks" are the ones who sign up to defend America, etc.

* People in the midwest RARELY say that New Yorkers are jerks, by contrast... sometimes, but with New Yorkers, you can always, always, always count on them to ridicule.

It all makes me sick! It's like some boy who's in love with a snobby girl who will never like him, but he's willing to sacrifice his life for her. He should move on!

you say you are a midwesterner... and that midwesterners sign up to defend our country... are you claiming that those from New York do not?

And... have you, willie, served in the military?

personally, I like Mike... So imagine my surprize after reading this USN&WR/Mortimer Zuckerman op ed piece about Michael Bloomberg to find out that he has become an unaffilliated independent... and might run for president...

Being an unaffilliated independent myself leads me to HOPE that he does... especially after reading about what he has done in NYC...

What to Like About Mike
By Mortimer B. Zuckerman
Posted 6/17/07

...snip

His hat is not in the ring, but the many New Yorkers who think it should be point out that Bloomberg practices the bipartisanship others talk about. He is the Republican mayor in an overwhelmingly Democratic city, but you would never know it. He has governed in a common-sense, adult, nonideological manner. He has never used his office for partisan advantage. He clearly has an aversion to confrontation and histrionics. His style is pragmatic. He speaks directly but builds a consensus around an ideologically neutral management style, appreciated by an electorate less interested in rhetoric than results. He differs from his predecessor Rudy Giuliani in his management style. Appointing cabinet members on the basis of their expertise, he took a chance on giving them the freedom to act, and it paid off. Virtually all have remained in their posts over six years. Symbolically, Bloomberg placed his own desk in the middle of an open office section and seated his deputies and staff members around him, with other aides at cubicles nearby, ensuring unity of focus, ease of access, ready accountability, and the understanding of lower ranking managers.

...snip

The economy. Bloomberg inherited a recession and a $6.4 billion deficit. He correctly assessed that a decline in public safety and quality services would hurt the city more than raising taxes. A lesser mayor would have drifted. Bloomberg was decisive. He bumped taxes on income, sales, and real estate, then persuaded the state to restructure some of the city's debt. He cut costs by reducing city employment by 18,000 people. None of these moves were popular, but he got the city of New York out of the literal and metaphorical pothole. Many of the big corporations returned their headquarters to Manhattan, and the number of visitors has increased from some 30 million a year to about 45 million, buoying the leisure, hospitality, and retail sectors.

With the financial base secure, Bloomberg supervised a land rezoning that resulted in vast development projects in all five boroughs—not to speak of committing to 165,000 new units of affordable housing. The general upsurge and the construction revival—the biggest since the post-World War II years—have replaced the economic bust with a boom. Unemployment has never been lower, nor bond ratings higher. The city moved from a budget deficit to a surplus and can now set aside billions of dollars to pay for looming pension costs.

...snip

Schools. The New York City school system, with 1.1 million students and entrenched bureaucracies, was notoriously impossible to fix. It eluded Giuliani. Bloomberg undid the knots. He won mayoral control from the Board of Education; he moved its offices from Brooklyn to the Tweed Courthouse next to City Hall in Manhattan; he appointed a schools chancellor from outside the system, namely Joel Klein, a former White House counsel and assistant attorney general. Then, having taken control of the Board of Education, he dismantled the decentralized system of local school boards, notorious as sources of patronage. These "impossibles" achieved, Bloomberg and Klein worked together to set up a management school for principals, authorized them to manage, gave them financial incentives, and enhanced their capacity by negotiating changes in the work rules in the teachers union contracts that had made it difficult to fire teachers for poor performance or reward individual excellence.

...snip

Yep... I like Mike...

sayyyyyyyyyyy... that's got a nice ring to it, doncha think?

got a link, snowman or are you just passing gas?

Links showing what?

• Bloomberg's record as a fascist, anti-Second Amendment radical?
  • Bloomberg committing crimes that would result in you or me doing hard time in a federal prison, had we committed them?
  • Bloomberg embracing another cause (global warming) in an effort to deflect attention from his illegal anti-gun antics in Virginia?
  • The fact that Bloomberg will siphon more votes from the Dem nominee than the Rep nominee should he make a presidential run as an independent?

Articles proving the above are readily available on the internet. Look them up. Better yet, have a friend do it - you're too dumb to find them.

Links showing what?

• Bloomberg's record as a fascist, anti-Second Amendment radical?
  • Bloomberg committing crimes that would result in you or me doing hard time in a federal prison, had we committed them?
  • Bloomberg embracing another cause (global warming) in an effort to deflect attention from his illegal anti-gun antics in Virginia?
  • The fact that Bloomberg will siphon more votes from the Dem nominee than the Rep nominee should he make a presidential run as an independent?

Articles proving the above are readily available on the internet. Look them up. Better yet, have a friend do it - you're too dumb to find them.

It's not my job to back up your allegations, it's your job... but... I guess you're far too stupid to know that.

I provided a link... where are yours? Up your ass where you keep your head? That's why your breath smells like shit... and why you are just passing gas when you make baseless allegations...

I checked the mail a minute a ago, and guess what arrived?

The new issue of America's 1st Freedom.

On the cover: "NYC Mayor Bloomberg Busted by FOP and BATFE!"

This thug and his billions couldn't do shit against the ads the NRA would run, should he decide to seek the presidency :eusa_dance:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=Michael+Bloomberg+straw+purchase&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=Michael+Bloomberg+global+warming&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?q=Mich...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

After you click the first link, ask yourself why Clinton lost Congress in 1994, and why Gore and Kerry lost the presidency in 2000 and 2004, respectively.

Mikey B. just might be more a longshot than even Ron Paul, if you can fathom that.

Clinton lost Congress because he wasted his political capital on gays in the military and allowed Hillary to try to make sweeping changes (instead of incremental changes) to the health care system.

Does Bubba know this?

"The NRA had a great night. They beat both Speaker Tom Foley and Jack Brooks, two of the ablest members of Congress, who had warned me this would happen. Foley was the first Speaker to be defeated in more than a century. Jack Brooks had supported the NRA for years and had led the fight against the assault weapons ban in the House, but as chairman of the Judiciary Committee he had voted for the overall crime bill even after the ban was put into it. The NRA was an unforgiving master: one strike and you're out. The gun lobby claimed to have defeated nineteen of the twenty-four members on its hit list. They did at least that much damage and could rightly claim to have made Gingrich the House Speaker."

-Bill Clinton

Run, Mikey, Run!!!!!!!!

Cancel That Tux Reservation for the Bloomberg Inaugural

Brian Doherty | June 21, 2007, 4:07pm

Ryan Sager runs the numbers and finds current presidential support for New York's answer to Lex Luthor , Michael Bloomberg, to be unimpressive so far--and this despite Bloomberg having, believe it or not, slightly higher name recognition than Mitt Romney. (It warms my heart that after months of active "all presidential campaign all the time" news coverage, only 62 percent of polled Americans even know who Romney is):

Only 9% of poll respondents say there would be a "good chance" they'd vote for [Bloomberg]. Some 23% say there's "some chance." Now, that's not to say $150 million could change things, but...

Combining Mr. Bloomberg's "some" and "good" chance numbers, he's got 32%. It's not fair to compare him to the frontrunners, but how does this compare with some of the non-candidates and the back-of-the-pack real candidates?

Fred Thompson is at 47%. Newt Gingrich is at 30%. Al Gore is at 46%. Joe Biden is at 30%. Tommy Thompson's at 28%.

http://reason.com/blog/show/120989.html

:rofl:

Forum List

Back