Olympics bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ apparel, could punish athletes for social protests

IOC bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ gear​

The International Olympic Committee got very granular with what is not allowed. It said specifically that the slogan “Black Lives Matter” will be banned from athlete apparel at the Summer Olympics.

It’s part of the IOC’s long-standing ban on “demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda” on the playing field, the medal stand or during the Games’ official ceremonies.

More generic words like “peace,” “respect,” “solidarity,” “inclusion” and “equality” will be allowed on T-shirts.

So far, the IOC has not said what types of punishment athletes could face for violating these rules. It only said it would treat each violation on a case-by-case basis.

This should be interesting
I hope it looks like this.

View attachment 487409
If they do, I hope they are stripped of their medals and sent home.
I wish they would just boycott and not go at all. Let's see what happens to the metal count after that.
Do you feel the same about the Winter Olympics in China?
Did the Chinese come out running their mouth about black folks?
o but they are a oppressive regime that in prisons people simply because of their religion

japan doesn’t do that.

So should we boycott the Winter Games? Is that what you are saying?
Maybe, I mean how many blacks ski, ice skate, anything else in the Winter?
You tell me.

The International Olympic Committee got very granular with what is not allowed. It said specifically that the slogan “Black Lives Matter” will be banned from athlete apparel at the Summer Olympics.

It’s part of the IOC’s long-standing ban on “demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda” on the playing field, the medal stand or during the Games’ official ceremonies.

More generic words like “peace,” “respect,” “solidarity,” “inclusion” and “equality” will be allowed on T-shirts.

So far, the IOC has not said what types of punishment athletes could face for violating these rules. It only said it would treat each violation on a case-by-case basis.

Yea because BLM served their purpose. The International community has no tolerance for BLM other than helping Trump get out of office. BLM can go sit down now.

Yea because BLM served their purpose. The International community has no tolerance for BLM other than helping Trump get out of office. BLM can go sit down now.
They will when unarmed black men stopped being murdered by the police.

They will when unarmed black men stopped being murdered by the police.

Tell that to the International Olympic Committee who clearly sees BLM as a useful tool.

View attachment 487409
I wish they would just boycott and not go at all. Let's see what happens to the metal count after that.
o but they are a oppressive regime that in prisons people simply because of their religion

japan doesn’t do that.

i think we should. i am asking you if you think we should
Why? Would you want them to boycott when we are hosting the games?
China is hosting the Winter Games in 2022...Japan is hosting the summer games this summer. Geez....

View attachment 487409

japan doesn’t do that.

China is hosting the Winter Games in 2022...Japan is hosting the summer games this summer. Geez...
How does that change what I said?

View attachment 487409

japan doesn’t do that.

China is hosting the Winter Games in 2022...Japan is hosting the summer games this summer. Geez...
How does that change what I said?
Because there is a massive difference between China and the USA and how I'd feel about the USA Govt boycotting an event that they were hosting....because you know it would be impossible to boycott something you in fact were hosting.

geez

Forum List

Back