Olivia Troye found classified documents in ladies room

We expect better from the Secretary of State. If she does not even look where she was trained to look for classified markings, she should not be handling classified information.

Except they weren't were they were trained to look... stuff like that. In fact, most of the "Classified" info in emails wasn't marked as such.

It would seem then that Quid Pro has broken the law as well.
Not really, wet fart. it's a matter of INTENT. Biden didn't intentionally hold on to these documents like Trump did. They were scooped up while moving in 2017 and no one remembered they were there. When they were found, they were immediately returned.

Trump intentionally took 360 documents, then refused to return them when asked.

Yes, I do understand that perfectly.

Trump took documents from the WH to his home. Thousands of them.

Trump returned 15 boxes of them in January of 2021. NO problems.

Trump then decided he would not respond to the requests to return all other documents in his possession after he returned some more in May of 2021.

Trump refused to abide by a subpoena to return all documents, by also having a lawyer write a letter saying that there were no more documents.

Someone at Mar A Lago told the FBI that there were more documents, and after the letter denying it, they had to go and retrieve all they could find.

Later on, more documents were found at a storage unit.

None of those documents were kept safe, out of public walking in and out. Except for the storage unit one, perhaps.

The DIFFERENCE between Trump's and Biden's documents is simple:

Biden's attorneys were clearing his things from the Center and found those documents. They called NARA immediately and NARA went and got them the next day.

After returning 15 boxes to NARA, Trump refuse to return or even acknowledge that he had any more of them.

It is not the HAVING of the documents that got Trump in trouble, it is the REFUSAL to return all the others he had and OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE in the process of returning them to NARA.

Are you able to see the difference between the two?

Except they weren't were they were trained to look... stuff like that. In fact, most of the "Classified" info in emails wasn't marked as such.

Not really, wet fart. it's a matter of INTENT. Biden didn't intentionally hold on to these documents like Trump did. They were scooped up while moving in 2017 and no one remembered they were there. When they were found, they were immediately returned.

Biden was not going to be in office in 2017. Shouldn't all of that moving been acomplsihed long before then?

The Sec State should know classified when he/she sees it and should know how to check if they're not sure.

Yeah, yeah, we know the narrative is set to protect Quid Pro at all costs and the whole intent thing is your chosen point for now. You're all parroting the same thing. Tell me, would an army grunt be allowed to return with impunity highly classified documents that were accidentally put in his bag when he mustered out that he kept for 6 years? "Oopsie, my bad. I didn't mean to take and keep these. No harm, no foul, right"?

Oh, and you'd better get that gas problem of yours checked. You keep talking about it.

Biden was not going to be in office in 2017. Shouldn't all of that moving been acomplsihed long before then?
He was in office until Jan 2017.
His staff boxed up his documents. Whatever these docs are, they probably weren't that important because no one was looking for them.

The Sec State should know classified when he/she sees it and should know how to check if they're not sure.
Let's get real, Wet Fart, most political appointees really don't know this stuff, that's why they rely on staff. Hillary's staff screwed up, not Hillary.

Yeah, yeah, we know the narrative is set to protect Quid Pro at all costs and the whole intent thing is your chosen point for now. You're all parroting the same thing. Tell me, would an army grunt be allowed to return with impunity highly classified documents that were accidentally put in his bag when he mustered out that he kept for 6 years? "Oopsie, my bad. I didn't mean to take and keep these. No harm, no foul, right"?

Actually, there's no reason why an Army Grunt would have those documents to start with. No one has indicated these were still highly classified documents. They appear to be briefing documents or summaries.

the one thing I learned during my years of service, is that RHIP. Officers got away with shit that enlisted never would have.

He was in office until Jan 2017.
His staff boxed up his documents. Whatever these docs are, they probably weren't that important because no one was looking for them.
Why isn't Trump allowed the same excuse? At least his documents were in a secure facility, guarded by the Secret Service. Biden's were in a closet with no one controlling access.

Why isn't Trump allowed the same excuse? At least his documents were in a secure facility, guarded by the Secret Service. Biden's were in a closet with no one controlling access.

1) Trump had a lot more documents.
2) Trump lied and stated he returned them when he hadn't.
3) Trump then lied about declassifying them when he hadn't.
4) Then there's all the other treasonous, racist, and stupid things that Trump did.

Let's get real, Wet Fart, most political appointees really don't know this stuff, that's why they rely on staff. Hillary's staff screwed up, not Hillary.
Oh, yes, I do remember that defense at the time. "It's not her fault, she's too stupid to commit a crime", and here you are, still carrying on about your gas problem...
Actually, there's no reason why an Army Grunt would have those documents to start with. No one has indicated these were still highly classified documents. They appear to be briefing documents or summaries.
That's why I said it was an accident. He's in a superior's office, some papers are carelessly left out and get knocked off a desk, and he's now in possession of highly classified documents. Does he get to come back 6 years down the road and return them with no consequences?
the one thing I learned during my years of service, is that RHIP. Officers got away with shit that enlisted never would have.
And that's a problem. In this case, the Big Guy gets away with a whole lot more than even the officers did.

Hey, did you manage to find that intentional gun industry advertising you were so certain is out there? You've had plenty of time, you know, and you might want to get on it, because people are starting to believe you really don't have any evidence at all and you just made it all up.

1) Trump had a lot more documents.
2) Trump lied and stated he returned them when he hadn't.
3) Trump then lied about declassifying them when he hadn't.
4) Then there's all the other treasonous, racist, and stupid things that Trump did.
1. So? All it takes is one.
2. As far as he knew, perhaps they were returned.
3. You don't know that. At least he had that ability to declassify. Biden never did.
4. Oh, but Biden did more treasonous, racist, and stupid things also.

What is good for the goose, is good for the gander. If Trump gets a special prosecutor, so should Biden.

Oh, yes, I do remember that

1. So? All it takes is one.
2. As far as he knew, perhaps they were returned.
Nope, it makes a big difference between a handful of documents that a GS-10 put into the wrong box, and boxes and boxes of documents shipped to Trump's house.
Trump's excuse that he didn't know fell apart the day after the Archives asked for the documents back.

3. You don't know that. At least he had that ability to declassify. Biden never did.
Nope. Declassifying them is a specific process that involves informing the effective agency in question, assessing the damage, and then releasing them. None of which Trump did.

4. Oh, but Biden did more treasonous, racist, and stupid things also.
Nope, he really didn't.

What is good for the goose, is good for the gander. If Trump gets a special prosecutor, so should Biden.
Well, they appointed one today. I give him about three weeks before they hang this on a GS-10 who will get a slap on the wrist.

Nope, it makes a big difference between a handful of documents that a GS-10 put into the wrong box, and boxes and boxes of documents shipped to Trump's house.
Trump's excuse that he didn't know fell apart the day after the Archives asked for the documents back.

Nope. Declassifying them is a specific process that involves informing the effective agency in question, assessing the damage, and then releasing them. None of which Trump did.

Nope, he really didn't.

Well, they appointed one today. I give him about three weeks before they hang this on a GS-10 who will get a slap on the wrist.
The law doesn't specify how many documents.

That GS-10 couldn't make the same mistake with a box as well as a file.

There is no process specified for a President to declassify a document.

Biden said the almost exact same thing as Trump that got Trump impeached. He is a well-documented racist from his time being best buddies with the KKK members of the Senate. Remember the "racial jungle" comment about his kids attending public schools? Biden has repeated stories ad nauseum that were simply impossible to have occurred.

The law doesn't specify how many documents.

That GS-10 couldn't make the same mistake with a box as well as a file.

Except there's no indication it was a whole box. The report says 10 documents. That's not a whole box.

There is no process specified for a President to declassify a document.

Sure there is.

As with classification, declassification is a two-step process. First, an authorized official must determine that the information no longer requires protection. Second, that determination must be communicated so that the protections are removed. Accordingly, when a decision has been made to declassify information, it must be marked as declassified. If the declassification affects an entire category of information, the agency’s classification guide must be updated accordingly. If it is narrower, the decision may be captured in a declassification guide — although often, the consultation process that accompanies a declassification decision is sufficient to alert the necessary personnel.

Where are all these rules set out?

For the most part, the rules for classification and declassification are set forth in presidential executive orders, along with regulations issued by the Information Security Oversight Office — an office within the National Archives and Records Administration — implementing those orders. Most presidents, dating back to the beginning of the modern classification system in the 1940s, have issued their own executive orders on classification. Trump was an exception, issuing no order on this subject. President Biden has not yet issued an executive order on classification (although there are reports that one is underway), so the order currently in place is the one issued by President Obama in 2009.

Biden said the almost exact same thing as Trump that got Trump impeached. He is a well-documented racist from his time being best buddies with the KKK members of the Senate. Remember the "racial jungle" comment about his kids attending public schools? Biden has repeated stories ad nauseum that were simply impossible to have occurred.

Biden made those comments back in the 1970's when everyone realized busing was a bad idea.

In 1977, Biden advocated achieving racial integration through affordable housing rather than busing, The New York Times found in an analysis “of thousands of documents” from that period. It also led him to join with segregationist senators such as Jesse Helms to oppose U.S. Department of Education funding for busing.
Biden sought an "orderly integration of society," not just integration in schools, the records show. He feared busing would anger white people whose children would be sent to “inferior” schools in urban neighborhoods and from black people, whose children would come to resent conditions in the “ghetto,” the Times reported.

Next.

Forum List

Back