Olivia Nuzzi might have set a new low for journalism.

Trump is so incompetent he can not keep the country supplied with cotton swaps for COVID-19 testing, large versions of those things you clean your ears with. In WWII the President made companies make aircraft carriers, tanks, bombers, rifles, millions of uniforms, jeeps, trucks, Submarines, c-rations, combat boots, chocolate bars, and on and on. Trump can't get ear wax cleaner swabs made.

I personally don't have that evidence, but I'm just another anonymous poster on the internet. There are experts who have studied epidemics, and pandemics for years, and they have compiled a long list of things that should have been done, and Trump's qualified advisors gave him a list of things he should have done at the time. If that's what you are looking for, it's easy to find. He preferred the advice from Fox and Friends, and Hannity over the experts. As usual, Trump would rather go with what he thinks will help him politically over what the experts say. This is similar to when he chose to believe Putin over every expert investigative agency we have. The man is a fool.

I'm no Trump fan, and I don't think he's done a great job during this pandemic, but when you say "a lot fewer people would have died if Trump had done his job" it would be nice to know just what you think he didn't do, how many fewer people would have died, and what you base that belief on. For that matter, it might be important to know just what Trump even has the power to do, depending on what you think he should have done differently.

I'm sure there are things the administration could have done better. There are things various governors could have done better. I know that Cuomo was pretty dismissive of COVID-19 until it started to really hit NY, for example. How many fewer people would have died, though...that's not something I think can be very accurately determined. I don't know what the baselines for comparison would be.
President Trump didn't bio bomb nursing homes with infected people like Cuomo did.

Trump didn't do much of anything that he should have done. He was too busy calling it a hoax, and ignoring the experts.

I guess she wants her 15 minutes of fame like all the other
gerbalists journalists trying to make their name attacking the President.
If she thinks Trump doesn't deserve re-election because of the 60,000 China virus deaths, where was she in 2012 asking Obama the same question about flu deaths? Or Opioid deaths?

Legit question. It's on Trump's watch. He is your President now.
So did Obama deserve to be re-elected in 2012 with the blood of 60,000 Opioid victims and
I guess she wants her 15 minutes of fame like all the other
gerbalists journalists trying to make their name attacking the President.
If she thinks Trump doesn't deserve re-election because of the 60,000 China virus deaths, where was she in 2012 asking Obama the same question about flu deaths? Or Opioid deaths?

Legit question. It's on Trump's watch. He is your President now.
Did Obama deserve re-election in 2012 given that hundreds of thousands died of Opioid overdoses and Swine Flu on his watch? Legit question, right? He was your President.

Of course he did. Everything Obama did concerning the things you mentioned was based on the best science available, and he never ignored what the experts told him. That is only one of the many reasons he deserved reelection.

Forum List

Back