Olive Oil has properties to help the Heart and to delay Alzheimers.

Olive oil- one of the best for healthy cooking oils and preventing plaque formation in the brain. Thanks for posting! Here is a good source for interested readers that supports this premise to ^

Last edited:
Depending on what you are cooking, and how, that is not always the best idea.

I can choose among different flavours and concentrations of OO ....from mild to full taste.

It works just fine for me.:)

I saw a news report today on ABC World News that said Olive oil has been found to prevent Alzheimers, and to promote better heart health.
Our researchers are not even sure what causes alzheimers, they have some ideas and clues but none are scientifically proven.. While they think some diets or drugs can slow the progression, there is no known cause or cure.

I cook with Olive oil because it does well in high heat. However for eggs and potatoes or gravy nothing beats the flavor of bacon grease or duck fat. Beware these reports pretending have cures, they come from the same places that used to say margerine was healthier than butter and that eggs were bad for you.

TzIGf-1606840068-2383-quiz_question_image_-popeye_quiz_oliveoyl.jpg

Oops, wrong one. Sorry.

I can choose among different flavours and concentrations of OO ....from mild to full taste.

It works just fine for me.:)
Olive oil has a relatively low burn point, so if you are searing or cooking at high heat - cattiva idea.

No, it does not.
You can cook to 400 degrees with extra virgin olive oil. Most deep fryng is done at about 350-375. It's a very stable oil and is great for stir frys or sautee's. Use animal fat for cooking other things in a skillet. Peanut oil is also good to use for deep frying beause of taste, and its a lot cheaper if you are doing large projects like a fish fry for a big summer party.

I already feel a lot healthier from reading this thread but I'm probably going to stick with Smart Balance. Then again, I only sautee vegetables and fry a couple of omlettes a month so I'm not a big fryer. But I'm glad to see my friends on here are so health conscious.

Worth considering having OO in your diet!

Olive oil ‘reduces risk of fatal heart disease by nearly a fifth’​

Yes groovy, though OP Temple article says "specific ingredient" which olive oil is not. Let's get down. What is specifically enhancing autophagy and clearance of beta-amyloid?

Anti-Alzheimer's polyphenols of Pinot Noir (#1) and Cabernet Sauvignon can enhance the olive oil with the wine:

Alzheimer's / Olive Oil Phenols

I love Olive Oil, I only cook with Olive Oil! :up:
I use extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) every day. It's a kitchen staple.

I usually eat a garden salad with my lunch and dinner. And I drench it with dressing. The two main ingredients of my salad dressing are EVOO and homemade red wine vinegar.

I also use it every time I make bread. Like today when I made focaccia bread. I used EVOO in the dough mix, I coated the cookie sheet in EVOO, and before baking I coated the top with EVOO. Then after it was done, I drizzled some more EVOO on top.

Forum List

Back