Old news.

Are you suggesting that the media should NOT tell the public that people, including our soldiers, have died in this war? :rolleyes:

Are YOU suggesting they don't ALREADY tell us DAILY how many died? Over and over?

There is ONLY ONE REASON to show pictures of caskets.... and you know it.

To show the general public the consequences of War?

Amen! It is another form of mind control....that no one wants to admit to imo.... ''out of sight, out of mind'', thus the killing can continue at any accelerated pace...without emotions or feelings...caskets bring feelings of sympathy and empathy that our government does not want us to have...it hurts their cause or goal of perpetual war....

This is why the government should not censor this in any manner...it is also unconstitutional.

If the public does not want to view our dead soldiers and honor them when they return home then there will be an outcry of such and a backlash on to the media for doing such. Let the people of this country decide, not the government....imo....the free market...the free people can decide.

care

Amen! It is another form of mind control....that no one wants to admit to imo.... ''out of sight, out of mind'', thus the killing can continue at any accelerated pace...without emotions or feelings...caskets bring feelings of sympathy and empathy that our government does not want us to have...it hurts their cause or goal of perpetual war....

This is why the government should not censor this in any manner...it is also unconstitutional.

If the public does not want to view our dead soldiers and honor them when they return home then there will be an outcry of such and a backlash on to the media for doing such. Let the people of this country decide, not the government....imo....the free market...the free people can decide.

care

I agree with you, to a point.

You have to consider the people who have lost someone they love.

Its not right to publicise that, you have to respect the femilies.

No identities should be shown.

You know where you can shove your poll. :idea: - yer butthole.

Say something new, IN YOUR OWN WORDS, You should stop yer lame ass one antagonistic liners, I would enjoy it if you have more than 5 shitty lines of your own uninventive words to spew, specifically some new opinions in which you dont bash Democrats.

or shut up.

Damn, those pesky facts really push you over the edge, don't they?

care

Yet libs had a cow over photos of Saddam, and his sons in the morgue

Yet libs had a cow over photos of Saddam, and his sons in the morgue

We are not talking about showing their bodies being splattered in living color on the news, just their flagged draped caskets in rememberence and honor of them when they are returned home....

Why was it okay for our government to give a big public shindig for Pat Tillman RSR? What made him different from the other young men that have given their lives for us?

Why is it the government's choice on who gets a shindig and who gets viewed or honored for their service to their country?

To me, the consequences of war should never be hidden from the public....the public needs to be reminded that we have men and women out there dying FOR US....and their sacrafice must be a part of our mind and souls and thoughts, so that WE know that OUR decisions on things like war do have consequences....soldiers die for us.... :(

Instead, many here in this country that do not have a loved one or friend involved in fighting this war are out "shopping"....not realizing that some pretty awful things are going on "out there" in this battle against terror and the war in Iraq....and other fellow citizens of this country are mourning, and they should not mourn alone....

good morning Rsr...

Care

We are not talking about showing their bodies being splattered in living color on the news, just their flagged draped caskets in rememberence and honor of them when they are returned home....

Why was it okay for our government give a big public shindig for Pat Tillman RSR? What made him different from the other young men that have given their lives for us?

Why is it the government's choice on who gets a shindig and who gets viewed or honored for their service to their country?

To me, the consequences of war should never be hidden from the public....the public needs to be reminded that we have men and women out there dying FOR US....and their sacrafice must be a part of our mind and souls and thoughts, so that WE know that OUR decisions on things like war do have consequences....soldiers die for us.... :(

Instead, many here in this country that do not have a loved one or friend involved in fighting this war are out "shopping"....not realizing that some pretty awful things are going on "out there" in this battle against terror and the war in Iraq....and other fellow citizens of this country are mourning, and they should not mourn alone....

good morning Rsr...

Care

Good morning Care,

I am pointing out the double standard the left has on the issue

The left wants to do anything and everything to undermine the war, the military, and Pres Bush

The polls show the Dems tanking due to their actions and their defeatest views

Pretty Boy Edwards plans a Memorial day protest - real class eh?

The irony of this whole thread (and possibly some hypocracy) is that post after post speaks of the government hiding the images of draped caskets and yet in post 28 we have exactl that(found without much trouble I bet). If you follow the thread, post 28 is not there to honor the dead; it posted to make support a political agenda.

There you have it all in a nut shell.

Well, I noticed all the rememberance and honor posters are showing for the flag draped coffins shown in post 28. This thread solidifies my opinion for supporting the decision NOT to allow the media to take such photos.

Why was it okay for our government to give a big public shindig for Pat Tillman RSR? What made him different from the other young men that have given their lives for us?

It wasn't the government that made Tillmans death a "shindig" as you put it. Tillman was a celebrity BEFORE going into combat. Why does the media play up Paris Hiltons traffic violations and ignores every one elses? Why does the media produce story after story over some has-been model's son who died and not for everyone else who lost a son?

Again, it wasn't. Do you know how many service members have been awarded the Medal of Honor for their heroism in Iraq? Doo you think the government hid such honor or do yo think the media just doesn't think it's newsworthy enough....guess which I think it is!

I agree; I do not agree that images of draped caskets should be used for political purposes....

Also agree.

good morning Rsr...

Care

In my opinion, there are many in this country that could give a rat's ass about the fallen heroes but want to use all the imagery they can get their hands on to denigrate the current administration, the military, and otherwise bash the US.

CSM, I agree with your analysis of the use of returning heroes. Context is everything and the context of the media has not been promilitary. Here is a fitting Memorial Day weekend link, that includes not only that pic from #25, but more of our fallen heroes, but again, context is everything:

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2007/05/bagpipes_cryin_.html

In my opinion, there are many in this country that could give a rat's ass about the fallen heroes but want to use all the imagery they can get their hands on to denigrate the current administration, the military, and otherwise bash the US.

I can accept your opinion on this, and can also see where you are coming from to form this opinion....and do not disagree that there are SOME people out there who's feelings regarding this go NO DEEPER than their own political agenda....which is quite sad to me!

However CSM, I think that this should NOT stop us, from doing something that is the right thing to do.... which is making America aware of what their country is involved in, in their names, with their children, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, FELLOW CITIZENS.....

I know, with all my heart, from a woman's perspective, that honoring in the PUBLIC, those that served us, will bring up the level of consciousness to their sacrafice for us....at least with the women citizens of this country I would bet my bottom dollar! And to me, this would also result in MORE prayers.... a chance to become closer with ones own God with their pleas and even tit for tat negotiations :) for help!

In addition to the above, people in our country need to be more aware and more involved in what our representative government does in our names. WAR, is one circumstance that SHOULD in the very least, get our citizen's attention. as a supporter of the war or not! this is a good thing, not a bad thing.... even if it leads to very strong debate and differences.

one thing in the future we should ALWAYS do... is follow our constitution when it comes to war for certain...

and that entails our representatives DECLARING WAR, not ''passing'' on their own constitutional duty by handing over this very important decision to the president, as they did.

IF they had declared war, it would have entailed tremendous debate in Congress and it would have required 2/3's of both congresses to pass, as the constitution requires.

There would be no confusion on what was being voted on and for what consequences their individual vote stood....their constituants, us, would have our true representation taking place.... as it should be.

one more thing to consider is that there are those on your side that also do not want our dead honored in the public, for their own political purpose....they are no better for it, than the liberals doing the same!

care

I can accept your opinion on this, and can also see where you are coming from to form this opinion....and do not disagree that there are SOME people out there who's feelings regarding this go NO DEEPER than their own political agenda....which is quite sad to me!

However CSM, I think that this should NOT stop us, from doing something that is the right thing to do.... which is making America aware of what their country is involved in, in their names, with their children, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, FELLOW CITIZENS.....

I know, with all my heart, from a woman's perspective, that honoring in the PUBLIC, those that served us, will bring up the level of consciousness to their sacrafice for us....at least with the women citizens of this country I would bet my bottom dollar! And to me, this would also result in MORE prayers.... a chance to become closer with ones own God with their pleas and even tit for tat negotiations :) for help!

In addition to the above, people in our country need to be more aware and more involved in what our representative government does in our names. WAR, is one circumstance that SHOULD in the very least, get our citizen's attention. as a supporter of the war or not! this is a good thing, not a bad thing.... even if it leads to very strong debate and differences.

one thing in the future we should ALWAYS do... is follow our constitution when it comes to war for certain...

and that entails our representatives DECLARING WAR, not ''passing'' on their own constitutional duty by handing over this very important decision to the president, as they did.

IF they had declared war, it would have entailed tremendous debate in Congress and it would have required 2/3's of both congresses to pass, as the constitution requires.

There would be no confusion on what was being voted on and for what consequences their individual vote stood....their constituants, us, would have our true representation taking place.... as it should be.

one more thing to consider is that there are those on your side that also do not want our dead honored in the public, for their own political purpose....they are no better for it, than the liberals doing the same!

care

We want them honored in public - not exploited for political gain

Like John Edwards having anti war rallies on Memorial Day

I remember Pres Bush being savaged by the left and liberal media for mentioning the war on terror in a Memorial Day speech

All I hear from the left on Edwards is crickets chirping

The irony of this whole thread (and possibly some hypocracy) is that post after post speaks of the government hiding the images of draped caskets and yet in post 28 we have exactl that(found without much trouble I bet). If you follow the thread, post 28 is not there to honor the dead; it posted to make support a political agenda.

There you have it all in a nut shell.

What about the explanation discussed it in #38?

Do you concede I have a point?

Or are you simply disregarding it because you dont agree?

There is no win or lose here, whats done is done, and is not going to change.

I just want it understood that the government is excericising control over the media for more reasons than just the welfare of the fallen soldiers families.

Forum List

Back