Okinawa Governor Rips US For Letting Virus Surge At Military Bases

Okinawa has been doing very well to contain the virus.

That is until the US military started being tested positive and it's now spreading in the military there. They aren't wearing masks or taking proper steps to protect the troops from the virus.

The governor of the island isn't happy with the way the US military has been so irresponsible. I don't blame him.

Okinawa governor rips US for letting COVID-19 infections surge on overseas American military bases

Okinawa wants the US base off their Island, so no agenda here......

We should remove our base and all the foreign aid and all money we pay them for that base.

The bases are for US, and they pay us for part of the cost as it is.

Didn't we build those bases and like the bases in Germany don't we pay them to have those bases?? Oh and I'm sure our service men and women spend money in Okinawa all the time.

That is until the US military started being tested positive and it's now spreading in the military there. They aren't wearing masks or taking proper steps to protect the troops from the virus.

The governor of the island isn't happy with the way the US military has been so irresponsible. I don't blame him.

Okinawa governor rips US for letting COVID-19 infections surge on overseas American military bases

We should remove our base and all the foreign aid and all money we pay them for that base.

Didn't we build those bases and like the bases in Germany don't we pay them to have those bases?? Oh and I'm sure our service men and women spend money in Okinawa all the time.
The bases are to protect US interests. Don't be naïve. We are not only there rent-free, but part of the cost of maintaining them is paid by the host country. Not a bad deal.

The bases are to protect US interests. Don't be naïve. We are not only there rent-free, but part of the cost of maintaining them is paid by the host country. Not a bad deal.

Good to know. Thanks.

Are Japanese interests and US interests so different?

A resurgent China is a threat to both.

Are Japanese interests and US interests so different?

No, that's the point.

Forum List

Back