Okay now let’s talk diversity in coaching in the NFL and NBA

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Which really is code for a call to hire more black coaches. The basis for this call is the NBA and NFL are widely comprised of black players, so they should be represented more in the coaching ranks. The reason why they’re not is off course racism.

The problem with that is there is no correlation to being a successful coach and being a successful player. Bill Belichick never played in the NFL. Best coach ever. Gregg Popovich never played in the NBA best coach ever (Phil Jackson wasn’t the best, he rode coattails of all time great players Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe and besides his offense was designed by Tex Winters who never played in the NBA)

Pro athletes with the highest basket IQ’s I’ve ever seen in Magic Johnson and Jason Kidd were lousy NBA coaches.

Just because you are good at a sport doesn’t mean it will translate into you being a good coach.

The idea that GM’s aren’t doing their best to hire the right people for the job is ludicrous. A GM’s survival is based on performance of the team. The only thing they have in mind when making a hire is winning, not racism.

If athletes are hired based on a meritocracy, why isn’t it reasonable to assume coaches aren’t?

Which really is code for a call to hire more black coaches. The basis for this call is the NBA and NFL are widely comprised of black players, so they should be represented more in the coaching ranks. The reason why they’re not is off course racism.

The problem with that is there is no correlation to being a successful coach and being a successful player. Bill Belichick never played in the NFL. Best coach ever. Gregg Popovich never played in the NBA best coach ever (Phil Jackson wasn’t the best, he rode coattails of all time great players Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe and besides his offense was designed by Tex Winters who never played in the NBA)

Pro athletes with the highest basket IQ’s I’ve ever seen in Magic Johnson and Jason Kidd were lousy NBA coaches.

Just because you are good at a sport doesn’t mean it will translate into you being a good coach.

The idea that GM’s aren’t doing their best to hire the right people for the job is ludicrous. A GM’s survival is based on performance of the team. The only thing they have in mind when making a hire is winning, not racism.

If athletes are hired based on a meritocracy, why isn’t it reasonable to assume coaches aren’t?
LETS NOT!!!

LETS NOT!!!

What’s your aversion to talking about an issue that’s always be brought up in sports?

LETS NOT!!!

What’s your aversion to talking about an issue that’s always be brought up in sports?

it shouldnt be brought up,,

the job goes to the most qualified,,,
to make that decision on the sex or skin color would make you or me a racist or sexist,,,

LETS NOT!!!

to make that decision on the sex or skin color would make you or me a racist or sexist,,,

That’s the argument I’m making in my OP

LETS NOT!!!

I'm of the morgan freeman school on racism,, its not an issue if you dont talk about it,,,

Umm, why aren’t we demanding more diversity in the players? More whites, Jews, Asians need representation. When are quotas going to be implemented for the players?

LETS NOT!!!

I'm of the morgan freeman school on racism,, its not an issue if you dont talk about it,,,

I hear what you’re saying, but I’m trying to dispel the presumption that playing pro sports should be a prerequisite to coaching it. The reality is the best coaches never played in the NBA or NFL.

Umm, why aren’t we demanding more diversity in the players? More whites, Jews, Asians need representation. When are quotas going to be implemented for the players?

Yeah I mean the idea that best man for the job is ignored for racism when the people who make those decisions are putting their livelihood on the line is asinine

The most overrated coach in NFL history -Dennis Green- was kept around for only one reason.

Last edited:

LETS NOT!!!

I hear what you’re saying, but I’m trying to dispel the presumption that playing pro sports should be a prerequisite to coaching it. The reality is the best coaches never played in the NBA or NFL.

then bring that discussion,,

to make it about sex or race doesnt progress the issue

The moat overrated coach in NFL history -Dennis Green- was kept around for only one reason.

A white coach got hired by the TWovles a couple of weeks ago. There was outrage over the hiring because no minority coaches were interviewed. I’m sure by minority they meant Asians, right?

LETS NOT!!!

then bring that discussion,,

to make it about sex or race doesnt progress the issue

I disagree with you. There are people that are making a racial argument in reference to pro league hiring practices, I’m arguing why there is no racism involved in the hiring practices. Did you read my OP? What part about it are you disagreeing with?

Honestly I don't really care about the NBA or NFL anymore. The Social Justice and Woke mob invaded the sports and I get no pleasure in watching them anymore. They just seem to be tools for promoting more propaganda.

It is really sad though because I watched the NFL since I was 4. They have just gone to far with their political BS...Now, I would much rather go outside and just shoot some hoops and throw some football. Maybe even get a few guys together and play. A lot more fun then watching millionaires cry and whine about utter BS.

RACISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.....Biden is picking people based on color and not qualification = USA is being destroyed because of their dumbshit

We have to wake up & smell the coffee.

This is 2021.

There is a certain group that is much favored by progressives.

It is necessary to make that group happy.

So there WILL be more and more coaches who belong to that group.

(And, of course, behind the scenes those "coaches" will themselves be coached privately by other people who will respectfully make "suggestions.")

The name of the game today is NOT basketball, football, etc. The name is PUBLIC RELATIONS.

How come there aren't any black dwarf lesbian coaches in the NBA and the NFL? Diversity, my ass.

Forum List

Back