Okay, Can Anybody Explain This To Me? (Nutcracker Question)

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Easter Island (USA)
So far I've watched over to ten minutes of this because I know it's a Christmas ballet,.. but I don't have a single stinking clue of what is going on and when is the toy solider and mouse king supposed to arrive?

10 minutes? It's a two and a half hour ballet with an intermission. I don't think the mouse sows until the second act.

Well, Cannon Shooter said:

"
The last time I saw The Nutcracker was at the Metropolitan Opera in New York City.

I was 17 and on acid.

Talk about a mind-fuck..."

I would recommend avoiding the acid.
I tried it once. The real thing. It was a nice place to visit but I never went back or never advise it. If you don't have a mindset that you were in Alice In Wonderland, it could be problematic

I tried it once. The real thing. It was a nice place to visit but I never went back or never advise it. If you don't have a mindset that you were in Alice In Wonderland, it could be problematic
I never actually managed to get up the nerve to try it. The only opportunity I ever had was high school and back in the 70's, there were plenty of stories about bad 'trips' that kept Me away.

So far I've watched over to ten minutes of this because I know it's a Christmas ballet,.. but I don't have a single stinking clue of what is going on and when is the toy solider and mouse king supposed to arrive?
E

Clara, the child at the centre, has received a beautiful nutcracker as a present. On Christmas Eve the nutcracker comes to life, organizes the toy soldiers that the boys (of course) got, to fight the mouse army. But the mice are winning. Clara intervenes throwing her shoe at the mouse king allowing the nutcracker to prevail and the mice retreat. Clara goes to sleep where she dreams that her beloved nutcracker turns into a prince.

Clara and the prince meander through the "Land of Sweets" (supposedly this is what children crave, go figure). The Sugar Plum Fairy, impressed with Clara's military intervention, invites them into Candy Castle and throws a yuge candy ball, where they're presented with swirls of dancing sweets -- cocoa, coffee, tea, the whole shebang ... this is what's going on in the various dances in the famous Suite... culminating in the unforgettable Waltz of the Flowers. Everybody reassembles for the big finale dance. As they depart Clara tells her nutcracker prince she wishes it would never end, he replies that it doesn't end, if one has eyes to see it.

Clara wakes up the next morning with the nutcracker in her arms, unsure if it was a dream or if it really happened.

The Nutcracker Suite was the first piece of music I bonded with in my life. It's deeply ingrained in my soul.

New Topics

Forum List

Back