OK, what's the outrage about?

Oscar Wao

Victory is Mine
Dec 15, 2008
Munster, IN
I hear outrage from some people about Sue Lowden, the prospective GOP Senate nominee, saying how we should even give a doctor a chicken dinner if that's our form of payment for services.

Honestly, what's so horrible about that?

And no, admins, don't send this to The Flame or Lame Zone, because I'm not trying to get a rise out of people; I'm serious.

Doctors can't pay malpractice insurance with chicken dinners. Hell, UHC won't work because doctors won't even take medicaid patients. They just don't get how much it costs to keep the healthcare system functioning. More patients and fewer doctors is a prescription for disaster. I hope the GOP repeals healthcare reform.

I don't believe I heard the whole thing, but was she talking about what a good HC system would be (without ObamaCare)?

Last edited:
Not outraged......its just plain stupid

Given the outrageous claims by the rightwing about Obamacare..
- Death Panels
- Rationed care
- Killing Granny
- Paid abortion
- Free care for aliens

The right wing comes up with....Lets pay with chickens??

Last edited:

- Death Panels
- Rationed care
- Killing Granny
- Paid abortion
- Free care for aliens

If Obama's health plan weren't passed would be the secnario I believe.

I hear outrage from some people about Sue Lowden, the prospective GOP Senate nominee, saying how we should even give a doctor a chicken dinner if that's our form of payment for services.

And no, admins, don't send this to The Flame or Lame Zone, because I'm not trying to get a rise out of people; I'm serious.

She wants bartering to be one of the top viable ways to finance health care. I assume you can see the problem with that.

She wants bartering to be one of the top viable ways to finance health care. I assume you can see the problem with that.
With the new laws now enacted? Yes.

But if she's talking about what she views as a "good" HC system? Tell me the problem.

But if she's talking about what she views as a "good" HC system? Tell me the problem.

Well let me ask you something, why did we end bartering in the first place for the most part?

- Death Panels
- Rationed care
- Killing Granny
- Paid abortion
- Free care for aliens

Speaking of outrageous claims, how about:

- Deficit neutral
- Will contain costs
- Will make insurance cheaper
- Doctors amputating legs and removing tonsils just for the money
- Will cover everybody

???

- Death Panels
- Rationed care
- Killing Granny
- Paid abortion
- Free care for aliens

Well then you might want to explain how you can cut 500 BILLION out of medicare with millions of baby boomers now entering the system and whom will continue to do so for the next 15 years---without health care rationing?

Obama said it himself---"sometimes it's just better to take that pain pill versus having the surgery."

Outrage? I didn't see any of that.

It was funny, and people had a laugh over it. Are you the one outraged over that?

- Death Panels
- Rationed care
- Killing Granny
- Paid abortion
- Free care for aliens

Well then you might want to explain how you can cut 500 BILLION out of medicare with millions of baby boomers now entering the system and whom will continue to do so for the next 15 years---without health care rationing?

Obama said it himself---"sometimes it's just better to take that pain pill versus having the surgery."

Medicare has never been a full coverage program.

So lets see you go to the dr with a chicken you bought at the store and your Dr will do what with it in his office?

Barterng was only doable in a rural society people.

To pretend an inner city dr is going to work for store bought chickens is pure insanity.

How many chickens would a typical visist cost?

Because it's really stupid to actually think barter would be an effective method of service delivery. Also, there is nothing in the new law that prevents you from arranging an alternative payment method with your physician if you so choose.

I don't think anyone is outraged over it. It's that the comment was really, really stupid.

Well let me ask you something, why did we end bartering in the first place for the most part?

Because coin is non perishable, portable and easy to secure.

That's a positive side effect, but it's not the original reason. The original reason was to create a means of exchange which didn't depend on arraging specific trades.

When I was cleaning house to put myself through school, one of my clients was a dentist. I cleaned his house for 3 months in exchange for some dental work

I've bartered with plumbers and carpenters in exchange for work as well. It's a great, time tested system.

But fucking government types don't like it because it's hard for them to confiscate taxes on bartered services.

Forum List

Back