OK…..Soccer is just plain Stupid

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
The world LOVES this game?

1. First off, they don’t call it Soccer, they call it Football. An affront to the greatest game ever invented.

2. Then, they don’t play on a Soccer Field, they call it a Football Pitch. An affront to two great American sports.

3. When the score is 2-0, they don’t say Two to Zero or Two to Nothing, they say Two to Nil. Almost as bad as Tennis where they would call it 60 Love

4. They don’t know how to keep time. Every other sport runs the clock backwards so the fans and players know how much time is left. Soccer starts at 0 and runs to 45 minutes. When it reaches 45 min, is the game over? No, the refs keep a secret stoppage time and adds it to the end of the game.

Last edited:
Because the players fall over and writhe in pain after any contact at all
That's so they can take a breather after all that running after a ball. I tried playing soccer but it involved way too much running and I had been in football, track, and wrestling.

The world LOVES at his game?

1. First off, they don’t call it Soccer, they call it Football. An affront to the greatest game ever invented.

2. Then, they don’t play on a Soccer Field, they call it a Football Pitch. An affront to two great American sports.

3. When the score is 2-0, they don’t say Two to Zero or Two to Nothing, they say Two to Nil. Almost as bad as Tennis where they would call it 60 Love

4. They don’t know how to keep time. Every other sport runs the clock backwards so the fans and players know how much time is left. Soccer starts at 0 and runs to 45 minutes. When it reaches 45 min, is the game over? No, the refs keep a secret stoppage time and adds it to the end of the game.
Oh, come on. Football where most of the action is not using the foot? That should be renamed Soccer!

Or, at least American Rugby. Not Football. :hyper:

The pure drama of the sport can overwhelm at times.

football-dive.gif

During 90% of play, nothing can happen (other than an injury) that can impact the outcome of the game. The highlights of this entire World Cup - all matches - could easily be shown in less than five minutes.

Looks like it would. be fun to play, but to watch? No thanks.

I think that the real appeal of soccer is the fact it doesn't really take much in equipment. Just a ball.

That's what makes it easy for kids or anyone to play, and a real international sport.

The only sport that requires less equipment is the King of Sports, wrestling, which requires none at all.

The world LOVES this game?

Lol. I'm currently playing my 36th season. Used to be semi-professional now I just play in a beer league. Never wanted to play any other sport and I love watching the World Cup.

As for your. "Greatest game ever invented" I will remind you your "football" Is played mostly with the hands. Your scores go by 6, by 1, by 2, by 3, depending on circumstances. Play is stopped to cut to commercials. Etc. Etc.

This is Europe's favorite game ... and Europe is full of girl-boys ... the players may have boy-parts, but they act like total pussies ... "he touched me and now it hurts" ... fucking girls ...

In the United States, we have both baseball and basketball for the pussies ... big boys play gridiron football and hockey ... [makes ape sounds] ... so that's one quick fix to soccer, let the players pack big knives like they do in ice hockey ... just last week we had a hockey player get his throat cut open on national TV ... blood everyplace ... God, what a great game ... attempted murder will get you two minutes in the penalty box ...

You won't see that kind of sport on pussy BBC ...

=====

With that said, you know I'm glued to the TV today watching us play Poland ... and Saturday against The Argintines will be our "game of the century" ...

Forum List

Back