OK…..Soccer is just plain Stupid

So, you have to be able to count up to 90 to be a "soccer" fan? So how much of the US population does this rule out then?

The “clock” is at 96 minutes
How much time is left in the game?

The world LOVES this game?

1. First off, they don’t call it Soccer, they call it Football. An affront to the greatest game ever invented.

2. Then, they don’t play on a Soccer Field, they call it a Football Pitch. An affront to two great American sports.

3. When the score is 2-0, they don’t say Two to Zero or Two to Nothing, they say Two to Nil. Almost as bad as Tennis where they would call it 60 Love

4. They don’t know how to keep time. Every other sport runs the clock backwards so the fans and players know how much time is left. Soccer starts at 0 and runs to 45 minutes. When it reaches 45 min, is the game over? No, the refs keep a secret stoppage time and adds it to the end of the game.
You mean 30 love.

They need to cut the field down to about a quarter of what it is.

Boring.
And when someone commits a penalty, PENALTY KICK! More excitement and scoring is needed.

I suggested making the goal post about 2 feet taller and wider. So if you kick a good shot there nothing the goalie can do to stop it.

Men in shorts running around for an hour without ever scoring and all the while pretending they have been fouled in order to draw a flag isn't exactly my own idea of entertainment, either.
Try to move it forward, kick it sideways to your teammate. They kick it back. No openings, then kick it backward and start all over again. Keep away when you're up 1 love. Boring.

If I really cared about my team and knew the players I'm sure it'd be a lot more interesting.

As sports go, I stand by my first comment.

But, I have to add, sports ARE important as an exercise, a game with your friends, a team for school spirit, and to just relieve stress and anxiety.
And of course, for those who love sports, to have fun.

MY personal problems with sports is that they are given carte blanche to be a corrupt organization.
Players should start out making minimum wage, like everybody else has to. And work up to their raises and promotions, like everybody else has to do.

It's an unfair and corrupt industry. It needs to be bleached, sanitized, and harshly scrutinized.......and taken back to basics.

That being said now..........if I had known this when I was younger, I would have kept up with my bowling. I never really TRIED hard at bowling, but I made a strike every single time. Who knows what kind of money I could have made.

Change the rules to use arms and hands with limitations. This sport with 10 to 8 finishes will prosper big time.

1670165302927.png

New Topics

Forum List

Back