Ok so who besides me is ordering takeout?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
The restaurant industry is DYING right now. The SBA loans are stalled, the money is running out, they've laid almost everyone off and the owners are in there cooking and serving until they drop. They need your support. The food is great. The food is safe. If you want to be extra careful nuke it for a couple minutes. I've been getting takeout every other day about, and they are all so happy to have the business. They didn't deserve this, support your favorite local restaurants they REALLY NEED YOU.

The restaurant industry is DYING right now. The SBA loans are stalled, the money is running out, they've laid almost everyone off and the owners are in there cooking and serving until they drop. They need your support. The food is great. The food is safe. If you want to be extra careful nuke it for a couple minutes. I've been getting takeout every other day about, and they are all so happy to have the business. They didn't deserve this, support your favorite local restaurants they REALLY NEED YOU.
I've done takeout a couple times since the Chinese Virus really hit. I've been through the drive thru at fast food restaurants several times. I need to do takeout with my favorite local pizza/Italian restaurant more often. Their food is great, but a bit steep in price.

My family does! We still have Friday night pizza/salad. We get subs. Hubby's bday was this week and we couldn't go out, but we did BBQ takeout and it was delicious. I agree with you, if you can afford it, supporting businesses is great.

Not me. Restaurant food is a treat to me and that's only if I can eat inside. If I have to eat it in the car or my own home I mine as well cook my own food. I usually only eat at Texas Roadhouse and that's because I'm a mystery shopper and get the food for free. (I did mystery shop Twin Peaks a while back, free food and cute girls, hell yea) Food is too expensive at restaurants now. I remember not long ago going places and finding main courses for 9.99. Now you go places and you're lucky to find an appetizer for that much.

Not me. Restaurant food is a treat to me and that's only if I can eat inside. If I have to eat it in the car or my own home I mine as well cook my own food. I usually only eat at Texas Roadhouse and that's because I'm a mystery shopper and get the food for free. (I did mystery shop Twin Peaks a while back, free food and cute girls, hell yea) Food is too expensive at restaurants now. I remember not long ago going places and finding main courses for 9.99. Now you go places and you're lucky to find an appetizer for that much.
I get you, I'm just saying if you able to support the local restaurants they sure need the take out orders. That's all they have.

I do cook too. I'm not a GREAT cook but I'm a good cook, much better than when I was first married--heh. Now that we're all home all the time I tell my family, "aren't you glad I learned to cook?" heh

9.99 appetizers? Where?

I live in a place where literally any kind of food (with the possible exception of Klingon) is available for delivery. If I didn't love to cook so much, I would literally be engaged to the Uber Eats guy.

FoodGagh.jpg

I do cook too. I'm not a GREAT cook but I'm a good cook, much better than when I was first married--heh. Now that we're all home all the time I tell my family, "aren't you glad I learned to cook?" heh
I bet you are a better cook than you are a teacher.

I might do it, as it stands we never eat out, although the husband does sometimes, but I never do, I only eat what I can make as I'm very fussy about my food and germs and people breathing over it and god knows if they washed their hands after the bathroom.

Good info, it isn't just the restaurants but the entire supply chain. Just like pro sports it isn't just the games but all the people working to support the industry.

It just goes to show how much food was thrown away in this country. People are not starving

We now make it a point to take out from our usual, local places. They are not chains and don't have the deep pockets an Olive Garden has. I'm usually not a big tipper when I do take out but now I'm tipping big, the staff really need the boost.

I might do it, as it stands we never eat out, although the husband does sometimes, but I never do, I only eat what I can make as I'm very fussy about my food and germs and people breathing over it and god knows if they washed their hands after the bathroom.
Nothing wrong with that.

You must have good money. I don't. I'm trying to order as little as possible.

I bet you are a better cook than you are a teacher.
Did the coronavirus madness get to you?

My roommate and I ordered takeout sushi a week or two ago. Vegan though. And the place is clean, if you go there in person they prepare it right in front of you. I would support restaurants more, but I haven't been able to afford it recently, thanks to the powers-that-be destroying the economy and small businesses.

Forum List

Back