OK, so let's do it by the rules. The long silly season continues

The USMB race and racism section is an example of how tough denial is within certain portions of the white community. We have in this section countless threads by white racists proclaiming how racism is a thing of the past when we blacks speak on white racism., However we read examples of blatant racism from posers here all he time. People who work jobs, hold positions of authority and evert day people who live in this country.

We have seen in this section blacks who have posted facts and yet those facts are denied as either not accurate or some kind of fantasy made up to make blacks feel good. Even as we know the history whites have been taught is revised and made up. After all, you cannot discover a land where people already live. You cannot commit the most crimes then claim that's OK until you commit 5 times more crimes because there are 5 times more of you. This is all part of the long silly season of white denial.

"It’s a widely known fact that if you bring up racism enough in public a white person will materialize to tell you that race simply isn’t a major factor in our lives in 2016.

Sure, racism was real way back when, but not now, they’ll say. Nobody alive today owned slaves, they’ll say. I never see racism, they’ll say. We have a Black president, they’ll say. Back up your claim and prove racism exists, they’ll say.

You’ll present a rational argument. You’ll give them
studies, persuasively written articles, and suggest books for them to read. You’ll share your personal experiences and the experiences of those you know navigating our white supremacist landscape.

They’ll argue the data aren’t sound. The writers of the articles too biased. They’ll never read the books. And they’ll dismiss the experiences as anecdotal and not representative of broader society—and don’t you dare call it a white supremacist society. That really makes white people flip their shit.

I’ve had this conversation with my white counterparts way too many times, but somehow I only recently realized how backwards it is. There’s no need to prove a foundational component of our national composition continues to shape its present state. The burden of proof is on those who claim this historical reality has been interrupted. The fact that racism exists in the United States is uncontroversial from a historical viewpoint. Ours is a nation founded on genocide, land-theft, and chattel slavery. There’s no debate over this. There’s also no debate over the existence of institutional racism throughout Old Jim Crow in the century that followed emancipation. (Nor is there any honest debate regarding the existence of institutional racism now, e.g. New Jim Crow, but let’s put that aside for now.) "

The rest: Next Time Someone Asks You To Prove Racism Exists, Give Them This | HuffPost
You're a racist and a liar. You dependence upon the lying, racist rag the HuffPo confirms this.

No, I'm not the racist here. Nor am I dependent on the Huffington Post. Maybe you would like to present that peer reviewed evidence about the end of white racism.

This discussion thread points out the difficulty in doing anything about racism in America. Any discussion of the problem provokes a reflexive, violent denial of the responsibilities of its perpetrators and beneficiaries, and the very existence of the problem itself. As long as our society cannot accept this country’s sins with the same equanimity as its virtues, no progress can be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The USMB race and racism section is an example of how tough denial is within certain portions of the white community. We have in this section countless threads by white racists proclaiming how racism is a thing of the past when we blacks speak on white racism., However we read examples of blatant racism from posers here all he time. People who work jobs, hold positions of authority and evert day people who live in this country.

We have seen in this section blacks who have posted facts and yet those facts are denied as either not accurate or some kind of fantasy made up to make blacks feel good. Even as we know the history whites have been taught is revised and made up. After all, you cannot discover a land where people already live. You cannot commit the most crimes then claim that's OK until you commit 5 times more crimes because there are 5 times more of you. This is all part of the long silly season of white denial.

"It’s a widely known fact that if you bring up racism enough in public a white person will materialize to tell you that race simply isn’t a major factor in our lives in 2016.

Sure, racism was real way back when, but not now, they’ll say. Nobody alive today owned slaves, they’ll say. I never see racism, they’ll say. We have a Black president, they’ll say. Back up your claim and prove racism exists, they’ll say.

You’ll present a rational argument. You’ll give them
studies, persuasively written articles, and suggest books for them to read. You’ll share your personal experiences and the experiences of those you know navigating our white supremacist landscape.

They’ll argue the data aren’t sound. The writers of the articles too biased. They’ll never read the books. And they’ll dismiss the experiences as anecdotal and not representative of broader society—and don’t you dare call it a white supremacist society. That really makes white people flip their shit.

I’ve had this conversation with my white counterparts way too many times, but somehow I only recently realized how backwards it is. There’s no need to prove a foundational component of our national composition continues to shape its present state. The burden of proof is on those who claim this historical reality has been interrupted. The fact that racism exists in the United States is uncontroversial from a historical viewpoint. Ours is a nation founded on genocide, land-theft, and chattel slavery. There’s no debate over this. There’s also no debate over the existence of institutional racism throughout Old Jim Crow in the century that followed emancipation. (Nor is there any honest debate regarding the existence of institutional racism now, e.g. New Jim Crow, but let’s put that aside for now.) "

The rest: Next Time Someone Asks You To Prove Racism Exists, Give Them This | HuffPost
reparations_cartoon.jpg

Forum List

Back