OK, maybe I was wrong, not all vehicles will become EVs and we won't have 13 Trillion kWh shortage... OK? But what will then be the price of gas?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
As many of you have read here I've posted the facts that if All the cars and trucks in America were electric vehicles (EVs) there would be a 13 trillion kWh shortage of electricity. OK... say I'm wrong by 50%!!!
Say it's just 50% of all American drivers i.e. just 73.1 million drivers driving 5 days a week ONLY to and from work or 29 miles a day.
Source of miles/year by drivers source: https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/average-miles-driven-per-year/
And say just 50% of all trucks i.e. 18.8 million trucks that drive an average of 78,000 miles per year...
Facts: Ave. miles/truck /yr..source: America’s commuting choices: 5 major takeaways from 2016 census data
And again... FACTS: Total electricity generated per by all power plants in the USA is 4,165,030,000,000 kWh.
AGAIN say I'm wrong 50% of all vehicles are EVs... how much electricity will be used just by EVs, just 5 days a week???
Remember the USA Generates today 4.165 trillion... so how much more electricity is needed:
6,509,011,236,994 kWh to provide electricity for just 50% of all vehicles in the USA.
As of December 31, 2020, there were 23,417 electric generators at 11,070 utility-scale electric power plants in the United States.
At Utility-scale power plants have a total capacity of at least 1 megawatt (MW). Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) There 11,070 power plants.. generating 4.165 trillion kWh or at 376,244,805 kWh per plant.
If I'm half right i.e. 6.5 trillion kWh of power needed for just half of all American cars/trucks being EVs that's another 17,300 NEW power plants.
So again... if I'm half right that means half of all cars/vehicles WON"T be using gas!
So folks... what do you think the oil companies will do to make up the loss of revenue if half of us are still driving gas guzzlers???
HMMM??? Maybe raise prices? Remember this is what the Chevron CEO said...
U.S. Will Never Build Another Oil Refinery, Chevron CEO Says
My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built” on U.S. soil, said Wirth. “You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’”

Last edited:
As many of you have read here I've posted the facts that if All the cars and trucks in America were electric vehicles (EVs) there would be a 13 trillion kWh shortage of electricity. OK... say I'm wrong by 50%!!!
Say it's just 50% of all American drivers i.e. 73.1 million drivers driving 5 days a week ONLY to and from work or 29 miles a day.
Source of miles/year by drivers source: https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/average-miles-driven-per-year/
And say just 50% of all trucks i.e. 18.8 million trucks that drive an average of 78,000 miles per year...
Facts: Ave. miles/truck /yr..source: America’s commuting choices: 5 major takeaways from 2016 census data
And again... FACTS: Total electricity generated per by all power plants in the USA is 4,165,030,000,000 kWh.
AGAIN say I'm wrong 50% of all vehicles are EVs... how much electricity will be used just by EVs, just 5 days a week???
Remember the USA Generates today 4.165 trillion... so how much more electricity is needed:
6,509,011,236,994 kWh to provide electricity for just 50% of all vehicles in the USA.
As of December 31, 2020, there were 23,417 electric generators at 11,070 utility-scale electric power plants in the United States.
At Utility-scale power plants have a total capacity of at least 1 megawatt (MW). Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
11,070 power plants.. generating 4.165 trillion kWh or at 376,244,805 kWh/plant another 17,300 power plants.
If I'm half right i.e. 6.5 trillion kWh of power needed for just half of all American cars/trucks being EVs that 17,300 NEW power plants.
So again... if I'm half right and we need 17,000 new power plants... that means half of all cars/vehicles WON"T be using gas!
So folks... what do you think the oil companies will do to make up the loss of revenue if half of us are still driving gas guzzlers???HMMM???

If Democrats stay in power there won't be any gas produced. The best remedy would be to use Everclear. It'll keep yer motor running.

1665360521590.png

This brand only costs $94.99 per 1 Liter.

Say it's just 50% of all American drivers i.e. just 73.1 million drivers driving 5 days a week ONLY to and from work or 29 miles a day.
At Utility-scale power plants have a total capacity of at least 1 megawatt (MW). Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) There 11,070 power plants.. generating 4.165 trillion kWh or at 376,244,805 kWh per plant.
If I'm half right i.e. 6.5 trillion kWh of power needed for just half of all American cars/trucks being EVs that's another 17,300 NEW power plants.
So again... if I'm half right that means half of all cars/vehicles WON"T be using gas!
So folks... what do you think the oil companies will do to make up the loss of revenue if half of us are still driving gas guzzlers???
HMMM??? Maybe raise prices? Remember this is what the Chevron CEO said...
U.S. Will Never Build Another Oil Refinery, Chevron CEO Says
My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built” on U.S. soil, said Wirth. “You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’”

Hey Chevron guy. These products are the result of you ripping us off for a hundred years.

Here's an idea. Stop exporting refined gasoline, at a time when the country needs it, jacking up all of our prices, so you can make record profits, and maybe so many of those products won't be needed.

The bad news for you pal, is technology keeps changing, and so does the ability to generate new fuel sources. Including electricity, which is only becoming cheaper for individuals to generate themselves.

It's going to be a real shame when the day comes you can no longer generate those record profits for your shareholders, and I just want you to know I'm going to feel really bad for you.

Well, you were celestial distances off on your allegations about Obamacare, the 2020 election and virtually every other "we're doomed" thread you've started.

So I have no doubt you're off about this too and are doing the right wing habit of trying to find something to be worried about.

EVs are coming. There is only X amount of petroleum left on the planet. We're consuming it faster than Mother Nature can make it. Will they completely replace every internal combustion engine? Nope. Will the grid support those that are produced? Yes. At some point--in some areas--we'll have people waiting in lines for EV charging devices (I'm not sure what they are called). In other areas, there will be an abundance.

I just can't see this working out well.

It's not intended to; it's intended to get all those filthy proles off the roads so the wealthy rock stars and Al Gore's drives around town will be so much more pleasant and easy. They can finally run around at the speeds their $800,000 Lamborghinis are meant to be driven, no poor slobs trying to to get to their Wally World jobs in the way. Of course you proles will still be expected to pay all the taxes to keep up the freeways. They will just tax your bicycle tires and bus tickets to pay for it.

It seems to me that until EVs become more practical and cheaper, the US needs to work toward implementing a mix of EVs and ICE cars and trucks. There are places where people don't need an ICE vehicle to get to work or the store or wherever, generally in urban areas where lengthy distances are not the norm. And there are other places where ICE vehicles make more sense in rural areas and across the northern tier of states where I believe the cold temperatures of winter make an EV less practical. It cannot be all or nothing, that is dumbshit stupid; it just does not make sense to force people to buy and use an EV in places and situations where it makes no sense. It makes no fiscal sense to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on a green agenda where the ROI with respect to the improvement in CC/GW is unknown. And to do so at a time when our economic well-being in terms of inflation and economic growth in uncertain at best is most unwise. And it makes no sense to end the fossil fuel industry until it is obvious that renewable fuels are feasible and available for everybody. It has become a political war where common sense is gone and too many people are going to suffer, most of whom can least afford the mandated changes. We oughta be doing the right thing and the smart thing, but we ain't.

OK, maybe I was wrong, not all vehicles will become EVs and we won't have 13 Trillion kWh shortage... OK? But what will then be the price of gas?​

The Bidenistas want and intend for gasoline to be as expensive as humanly possible. It is the same approach they take with everything else--- if they cannot lure you or bribe you over to battery operated cars, they will make it so expensive to buy, own, maintain and operate an ICE car that you HAVE NO CHOICE but switch over.

Then they got you.

EVs are coming. There is only X amount of petroleum left on the planet. We're consuming it faster than Mother Nature can make it. Will they completely replace every internal combustion engine? Nope. Will the grid support those that are produced? Yes. At some point--in some areas--we'll have people waiting in lines for EV charging devices (I'm not sure what they are called). In other areas, there will be an abundance.
1. True...EVs are coming, but not as quickly as greenies think. Look at CA. Can't buy a gas car in a few years, but can't charge EVs due to the power shortages. Green idealism instead of responsible planning, leading to economic disaster.

2. Don't just think internal combustion engine or EVs either, there are hydrogen powered cars too. A good mix of fuels will be essential to keep civilization prosperous.
Hydrogen cars, fuel cells, etc.: what you need to know | BMW.com

3. EV charging stations will be called "Charging Stations". Yes there will be long lines and long waits, it will take time to charge, possibly hours. I doubt that there will be an abundance anywhere. There may be difficulties with charging various models, like Tesla, vs, Mercedes, vs GM, vs trucks, etc.

4. If the dems push EVs before the electrical supply and charging stations are "abundant" we are in for an economic catastrophe.

5. The US needs to add a lot of new powerplants, old ones need to be replaced, and we need more reliable capacity going forward. We're in for a rough time until someone grows a brain.

Well, you were celestial distances off on your allegations about Obamacare, the 2020 election and virtually every other "we're doomed" thread you've started.

So I have no doubt you're off about this too and are doing the right wing habit of trying to find something to be worried about.

I disagree.
Electricity not only also is coming from fossil fuels, but even if we used batteries, the cracking water into hydrogen makes vastly better battery than heavy lithium batteries.
If we use electricity to make hydrogen, then the hydrogen could be burned by traditional ICE engine vehicles, and not have to buy or carry the heavy, inefficient, and expensive lithium batteries.

The Bidenistas want and intend for gasoline to be as expensive as humanly possible. It is the same approach they take with everything else--- if they cannot lure you or bribe you over to battery operated cars, they will make it so expensive to buy, own, maintain and operate an ICE car that you HAVE NO CHOICE but switch over.

Then they got you.

They can not prevent ICE engine cars that run on bio fuel or hydrogen, because both of those produce less emissions than generating electricity for batteries does.

I read an interesting article the other day. It seems the majority of parking garages were not designed to withstand the weight of EVs.

Someday isn't thinking all this out

Forum List

Back