Oil prices climb above $85 a barrel. Energy crisis will set off social unrest, private-equity billionaire warns

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
You really feel a dread that's now going on. Really feels like and reminds me of the dank dark Carter years. Fuck you Dimocrsts.

Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman warned Tuesday that high energy prices will likely set off social unrest around the world.

"We're going to end up with a real shortage of energy. And when you have a shortage, it's going to cost more. And it's probably going to cost a lot more," the private-equity billionaire told CNN International's Richard Quest at a conference in Saudi Arabia.

You really feel a dread that's now going on. Really feels like and reminds me of the dank dark Carter years. Fuck you Dimocrsts.

Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman warned Tuesday that high energy prices will likely set off social unrest around the world.

At this point, I'd hope that even the most tribal on the Left are finally beginning to understand that we are all being pushed into violent conflict mode...against EACH OTHER, not the scum in DC who are responsible.

Difference was that in the 70’s it was a matter of no domestic oil and the belief that the world was running out of oil. We were at the mercy of ME oil.
This oil problem is being intentionally created by democrats. Second consecutive democrat administration intentionally causing economic hardship on the back of stifling oil supply.
Democrats are the greatest existential threat to the US.

Democrat policy, not necessarily Biden policy, is killing our economy. And when you put it all into one reconciliation spending bill, you're asking for the destruction of the US. Biden is only the Democrat's chosen scapegoat. They'll blame him and then dispose of him after he signs their economy and democracy killing bill.

All those who chose oversized, overweight vehicles because "energy was cheap" and they couldn't see any further than their nose have aided tremendously to put us here. All those who so vociferously opposed alternative power have helped as well. This suffering is self inflicted because people refuse to live within our realistic energy means. What would be the status if the average American vehicle got 40 mpg?

All those who chose oversized, overweight vehicles because "energy was cheap" and they couldn't see any further than their nose have aided tremendously to put us here. All those who so vociferously opposed alternative power have helped as well. This suffering is self inflicted because people refuse to live within our realistic energy means. What would be the status if the average American vehicle got 40 mpg?
gas prices have nothing to do with mpg or alternative power

If you drive a Toyota Camry and drive a Hyundai Accent on a highway, you will know there is a difference. We are a large nation with a huge highway system and people travel. The highways can be in different type of condition as infrastructure and foundation has taken a back seat to paying human infrastructure that is corrupted badly. A lot of the cost of purchasing vehicles has grown to the consumer with thousands of dollars of safety added to them.

gas prices have nothing to do with mpg or alternative power
But it has a lot to do with demand.......and since demand is up again.....the price of oil per barrel is up.....

Lots of oil workers were laid off last year when the demand flatlined and the price of oil was hovering around 40 bucks a barrel....Would you feel better if oil was 10 bucks a barrel??

Fig1.png

Or would you then blame Biden for crashing the oil speculation market and causing drastic layoffs in the oil industry?

But I don't expect morons like you to be honest about anything...

It's kinda funny. It's these equity firms and Wall Street in general that is running up the price of oil.

Difference was that in the 70’s it was a matter of no domestic oil and the belief that the world was running out of oil. We were at the mercy of ME oil.
This oil problem is being intentionally created by democrats. Second consecutive democrat administration intentionally causing economic hardship on the back of stifling oil supply.
Trust me the dems were to blame for the 70's oil crisis as well---their rationing really did a number on the gas prices as well. Carter and the rest of the dems pushed the nonsense that the world only had so much oil left as well........

If only those that can would increase oil production.

But for some reason they are loving the high prices...can't imagine why

If only this had not happened, we would be sitting pretty...

1635337539187.png

The US just couldn't compete with the ME. Peak oil was a political scam.

When the ppb is high US producers start drilling. Has NOTHING to do with Democrats.

Last edited:

Maybe you should go invade another oil rich country then.....

Trust me the dems were to blame for the 70's oil crisis as well---their rationing really did a number on the gas prices as well. Carter and the rest of the dems pushed the nonsense that the world only had so much oil left as well........

Peak Oil was a political scam from the 1950s..

The 1970s oil crisis was brought to you by Israel and the Yom Kippur war .. Nixon was president.

If only those that can would increase oil production.

But for some reason they are loving the high prices...can't imagine why

There are no shortages so there is really no need to increase production. Just like when oil hit $150 a barrel (just shy of $150) there were no shortages.

There are no shortages so there is really no need to increase production.

I agree, for the oil companies/OPEC there is no good reason to. They are making more money with less expense. I cannot fault them for doing what a business is supposed to do.

Forum List

Back